Black
    4th Gen SS

Cadillac ATS (mini CTS) finally spotted in pics

via Atsforums.com

ATS shaping up to be a looker! Hopefully there'll be a ATS-v version also (rumored already)

And a performer judging by the huge BBKs.

http://www.atsforums.com/forums/show...ual-Body-Shell

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

From that post...

"Sources familiar with the ATS program say the car's dashboard design will go with a full touch-screen interface, without traditional buttons, switches, or knobs."

That would drive me batshit crazy, I couldn't own a car like that. I LIKE knobs and buttons...you can operate them without looking at them, while wearing gloves.

I can see people driving off the road left and right because they're looking at the touch screen and not where they're going.

I hate all this techno BS in cars nowadays...don't they realize that simpler can be better? I don't want to have to go through a menu and multiple steps just to turn on the heat or AC. And what about when the thing breaks in 8 or ten years? Then nothing in the car works?

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    From that post...

"Sources familiar with the ATS program say the car's dashboard design will go with a full touch-screen interface, without traditional buttons, switches, or knobs."

That would drive me batshit crazy, I couldn't own a car like that. I LIKE knobs and buttons...you can operate them without looking at them, while wearing gloves.

I can see people driving off the road left and right because they're looking at the touch screen and not where they're going.

I hate all this techno BS in cars nowadays...don't they realize that simpler can be better? I don't want to have to go through a menu and multiple steps just to turn on the heat or AC. And what about when the thing breaks in 8 or ten years? Then nothing in the car works?
    I agree, I like knobs and buttons WAY better then touch screens. Especially in a car. I like hi tech stuff in cars but not touch screens.

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

If it's going to be all touchscreen control, they better fire the team that built their current software and go with people who actually know how to design an ergonomic GUI. Their current offerings are absolutely terrible, and if they build a car where you have to rely on that interface for everything, it's going to be a disaster (ala BMW's first i-Drive attempt).

They should just contract out to an aftermarket company for the GPS/Infotainment software package...like Pioneer or Eclipse. Both their In-dash GPS unit OS's put to shame anything that comes out of any car maker's factories to date.

Thread Information