Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 02 WS6 vs 350Z

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

this makes me sad.. every 350z I encounter creeps up, takes off and loses me in traffic before I have a chance to react, and they toss me the face to add insult to injury, I'll have my day, congrats on the kill

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by 98maro View Post
    true about them being V6's, but aren't the 350's rated at like 300hp!?
    the newer models like 08 or 09 have 305 hp,, but not all of them its a special edition.. that one has better suspension, intake and stuff like that, i cant remember evrithing they have, but it still a 3.5 v6

the regular 350 z has bout 260 t0 270 hp..[/QUOTE]

The 370's have 3.7 v6. I have seen a few Nismo ones around here. I believe they have 330hp. Im an old head, so if I had to buy one, I would get a G37 coupe S.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    this makes me sad.. every 350z I encounter creeps up, takes off and loses me in traffic before I have a chance to react, and they toss me the face to add insult to injury, I'll have my day, congrats on the kill
    Haha. Come to VA. Most of them are chicks here. It's 50-50 with the G35's and 37's, but they are slower and heavier.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    thanks man. Yeah, you'll have your day. I've been wanting to run one for a couple years now and the same thing would pretty much happened to me too. they would be gone through traffic before I could react.

Course... now that I think of it, It does seem like a lot of 350 owners drive like idiots through traffic more than most. Or maybe I just drive like a Grandpa? I don't know...

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 00LS12LS6Z28 View Post
    Haha. Come to VA. Most of them are chicks here. It's 50-50 with the G35's and 37's, but they are slower and heavier.
    not just chicks here, but mainly old chicks like 40-50 somethings.

...or young punk foreign exchange students on my college campus.

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    Good kill! I wouldnt mind running a g37. They are turning low 13s and high 12s i think
    You're about a second off more like low 14s high 13s. It's really no match for a well driven ls camaro. I've raced multiple 350zs and they are no match even modded. I'm sure there is a supercharged or turbo one around somewhere with 50k in it that will outrun me but haven't run into one yet.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

There were a couple of vids i saw a couple of years ago with one that was supercharged and couldnt pull on a bolt on LS1. Ofcourse depends on how much boost there running and if it had a turbo it might have been a better outcome since from what ive seen in the past they pull a little higher RWHP numbers with the same amount of boost with a turbo. I think they look nice and the new 370Z came up on the interior and looks alot better then the 350Z but in the end i love my LS1 and it alway comes down to preference.
    Last edited by karpetcm; 03-10-2011 at 07:03 PM.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by rc74racer View Post
    You're about a second off more like low 14s high 13s. It's really no match for a well driven ls camaro. I've raced multiple 350zs and they are no match even modded. I'm sure there is a supercharged or turbo one around somewhere with 50k in it that will outrun me but haven't run into one yet.
    There is this guy with an 05-06 350 with a single turbo. He lives out in Ashburn. I forget what the name of that performance shop on Route 606 (off 28) is, but he went there and dropped $10K for a single turbo. Most 350's have a twin turbo setup. His car is pretty quick. It's red with some graphics and it is mostly used for car shows. He used to hang out at the Chic Fil A at Dulles on Fri nights. I haven't been there for a while though.

Not as many modded imports around here as there use to be. People don't seem to want to play around much either anymore especially when they see you are in a LS camaro.

I work right across the street from the dulles chik fil-a.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by rc74racer View Post
    Not as many modded imports around here as there use to be. People don't seem to want to play around much either anymore especially when they see you are in a LS camaro.

I work right across the street from the dulles chik fil-a.
    I see plenty of Evos and STI's. Yeah I don't get too much once I put my rims on. When I had the snowflake rims, it was a different story. You have to be out late to run into them. One of my friends has a turbo'd NSX.

I take it that you've been there then on Friday nights. Old school muscle comes early and then the younger crowd comes in around 8:30-9ish with the 350's, Evo's and Honda's. My friends dad brings his NOVA's and 68-69 Camaro's there only to sell them. All he does is restore them and put them up on auto trader. Other than that he stays out in Purceville and goes to local things out there.

I see plenty of Evos and STI's. Yeah I don't get too much once I put my rims on. When I had the snowflake rims, it was a different story. You have to be out late to run into them. One of my friends has a turbo'd NSX.

I take it that you've been there then on Friday nights. Old school muscle comes early and then the younger crowd comes in around 8:30-9ish with the 350's, Evo's and Honda's. My friends dad brings his NOVA's and 68-69 Camaro's there only to sell them. All he does is restore them and put them up on auto trader. Other than that he stays out in Purceville and goes to local things out there.
    Yeah I see a lot of STIs but most know the deal, I don't see too many EVOs. I have buddy in Sterling who has a friend around there with a black supra that thing is sick fast.

I've been there not in a long time though.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

There is this guy with an 05-06 350 with a single turbo. He lives out in Ashburn. I forget what the name of that performance shop on Route 606 (off 28) is, but he went there and dropped $10K for a single turbo. Most 350's have a twin turbo setup. His car is pretty quick. It's red with some graphics and it is mostly used for car shows. He used to hang out at the Chic Fil A at Dulles on Fri nights. I haven't been there for a while though.
    I swear I've seen a twin turbo 350 out at the local 8th mile running 9.04's, but couldn't swear to it. I know my T/A runs a 8.4; six tenths is a big deal in the 1/8th.

black, black Twins
    93 Supra , 94 Supra Turbo

Gotta give the respect to the imports, they have come a long way to keep up with the big boy V8s.
    I loved my LS1 WS6, But my wife would hand me my ass when I would run her in the Supra.
    When I get the ZO6+ cams, maybe the field will be more level.
    It's gotta be fast and sexy.
    93 Supra T 6spd,(1 of 197) 1K WHP build under way. Streetable!!!!!
    94 Supra Turbo(1 of 549) 600 rwhp on pump gas. 700+ rwhp on race fuel.
    http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/a...foronemore.jpg

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by MeGoFast View Post
    The 350z's are easy kills in straight lines. In tight races where the steering wheel actually needs to be turned it would be a different story. My SS is lowered and has head and cam work and I really have a hard time getting even close to the timed numbers the smaller cars can put up on tight autocross courses. The power at the pedal sure makes it more fun though. I saw an ad where a local Infinity Dealer will supercharge the G37 and it put out about 450hp and 380tq or so, probably expensive but it could surprise some.
    That's exactly what i was thinking. If you only need two seats, slap a turbo on it.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    Click for full size
    That's a joke. Nice exhaust note on the Z. Umm, 28 that is, not the 350.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    That's a joke. Nice exhaust note on the Z. Umm, 28 that is, not the 350.
    Not sure i understood what you said but in the vid its a G37 with intake and exhaust.

Spice Red Metallic
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    Not sure i understood what you said but in the vid its a G37 with intake and exhaust.
    haha... I think he meant nice exhaust note on the "Z" 28, not the 350 "Z"

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    Good kill! I wouldnt mind running a g37. They are turning low 13s and high 12s i think
    my friend with an srt4 beat a g37 on a roll race before by like 3-4 car lengths.. I beat that same srt4 by 4-5 car lengths. Dont waste your gas lol

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

wouldn't mind owning a 350z, but ls1 is faster straight line hands down.

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS

A guy pulled up to me while I was in my Camaro, he was in a 350z and told me I had a bad ass car and that he hates 350z's and that his Camaro Z28 was at a home and all the 350z was for a DD hahaha.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information