Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    Great looking car! I think the new Buicks are sexy!

Not impressed with the turbo 4 though. The auto is rated at 19/30?

The old 3.8L was rated at the same, while making more power with a decades old design. Where's the progress there? And a friend of mine has a '00 3.8L Regal. We went to PA a few years ago, we did over 400 miles on one tank, then did the math after filling it and had gotten 33mpg. Pretty damn impressive fora big car with a big V6.

I think people are drinking the kool-aid when it comes to these turbo 4's, in most cases a bigger 6 will get the same mileage. I'm not impressed with any 4 banger that gets under 35mpg.

Car and Driver did a comparo a few years ago of a few cars that came in V6 and turbo 4's...the V6's all got better mileage.

I actually really like the Lucerne, I'm kicking around the idea of getting one for a DD. But I want a pre-08 model, since they have the 3.8L.
    Wow! I'm lucky if I get 26 max on a very good day of easy driving..

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Wow! I'm lucky if I get 26 max on a very good day of easy driving..
    Well that was prob 98% highway with the cruise set at 65-70 the whole way.

I had a '98 Olds Delta 88 with the 3.8L, I had gotten a best of a little over 31mpg with it on a trip to NY. During the week in my regular commute, I'd get 27-27.5 pretty constantly. My commute is 30 miles each way, 2/3 of it being highway. I fgot rid of the car 4 years ago when I got my Formula, but the number 27.2 sticks out as my normal mpg.

Keep in mind I drive with a light foot though, it became a habit after trying to eke out the best possible mileage from my Jeep for so long.

Black
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE

I have to admit I do like the styling some on the new regal. Not impressed with the HP rating and price tag. I do believe GM's are overpriced when resale value is taken into consideration. Now I typically let others eat the depreciation the first few years and buy used. Like all cars, never buy the first year out. That A4 Audi priced over $40k was probably a quattro (4 wheel drive) which would add much to the MSRP. I wish more auto manufactures offered 4 wheel drive in more platforms like Audi and Subaru, we like 4 wheel drive for winter where we live.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by MeGoFast View Post
    I have to admit I do like the styling some on the new regal. Not impressed with the HP rating and price tag. I do believe GM's are overpriced when resale value is taken into consideration. Now I typically let others eat the depreciation the first few years and buy used. Like all cars, never buy the first year out. That A4 Audi priced over $40k was probably a quattro (4 wheel drive) which would add much to the MSRP. I wish more auto manufactures offered 4 wheel drive in more platforms like Audi and Subaru, we like 4 wheel drive for winter where we live.
    Yes but almost 50k for an entry level audi is insane to me. Might aswell pay 30k for a Subaru and get AWD and most of the the other options.

Black
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Yes but almost 50k for an entry level audi is insane to me. Might aswell pay 30k for a Subaru and get AWD and most of the the other options.
    Briefly looking at MSNautos and comparing an A4 (33k) to a Legacy (31k) the base prices are within a few grand roughly. Now looking at the price of an Audi S4 those MSRPs are about $48k, I think someone was looking at that window sticker. I could see a $5,000 difference but not the $15k to $20k difference you mention. I believe the A3 is Audis entry level now, the current A4 is as big as the prior generation A6. Auto prices are out of control, fully load a Camaro or Mustang and expect to pay close to $40k now.

Arctic White, red/gray

Briefly looking at MSNautos and comparing an A4 (33k) to a Legacy (31k) the base prices are within a few grand roughly. Now looking at the price of an Audi S4 those MSRPs are about $48k, I think someone was looking at that window sticker. I could see a $5,000 difference but not the $15k to $20k difference you mention. I believe the A3 is Audis entry level now, the current A4 is as big as the prior generation A6. Auto prices are out of control, fully load a Camaro or Mustang and expect to pay close to $40k now.
    MSRP= nothing. The only difference between subarus and Audis is a fully optioned LGT is 34k and a fully loaded a4 is 45k.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 03-15-2011 at 08:18 AM.

Black
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE

MSRP= nothing. The only difference between subarus and Audis is a fully optioned LGT is 34k and a fully loaded a4 is 45k.
    Not everyone is going to pay the $8,000 for the option that includes Xenon headlights, Led taillights, Bang and Offtson Audio, special trim inserts, etc. Checking the local Audi dealer site, I saw atleast 5 new 2011 A4's quattros with Leather, heated seats, and sunroof with MSRPs around $37grand and these have Automatics. It appears the LGT is not even available in automatic so my wife would never even consider it. Is the Subaru 5 to 10 grand cheaper when compared option to option yes if you are willing to sacrifice in styling and ride quality.
    Last edited by MeGoFast; 03-16-2011 at 09:08 AM.

Arctic White, red/gray

Not everyone is going to pay the $8,000 for the option that includes Xenon headlights, Led taillights, Bang and Offtson Audio, special trim inserts, etc. Checking the local Audi dealer site, I saw atleast 5 new 2011 A4's quattros with Leather, heated seats, and sunroof with MSRPs around $37grand and these have Automatics. It appears the LGT is not even available in automatic so my wife would never even consider it. Is the Subaru 5 to 10 grand cheaper when compared option to option yes if you are willing to sacrifice in styling and ride quality.
    Yes different people want different things. Are you able to sacrifice 211hp vs 265 and the audi is 100-200lbs heavier. 0-60time is a full 1 second faster in the legacy. I really liked subaru over audi because maintanence is cheaper, and that audi reliability was never that good. Not to mention aftermarket is endless with the subaru 2.5 liter. Everytime something wears out i replace it with a better aftermarket version. Same reasons i picked it over the mazda speed 6.

Black
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE

Yes different people want different things. Are you able to sacrifice 211hp vs 265 and the audi is 100-200lbs heavier. 0-60time is a full 1 second faster in the legacy. I really liked subaru over audi because maintanence is cheaper, and that audi reliability was never that good. Not to mention aftermarket is endless with the subaru 2.5 liter. Everytime something wears out i replace it with a better aftermarket version. Same reasons i picked it over the mazda speed 6.
    Right from Car & driver pg100 April 2011
    Testing Subs legacy gt2.5 limited has proven frustrating and expensive. In it's initial access runs,our first gt sheared a half shaft. Once repaired,the car made a second appearance, and a second half shaft was bifurcated.

Honestly that's straight from the mag and does not sound good. I get ya zinergy,I know u know ur cars from seeing ur posts. I know Audie aren't that reliable either. We own one, just put a thermostat in the A6 4.2 40v and it's hidden behind the timing belt which meant removing the front end to access.
    Sorry about typos,trying out my fathers iPad. Visiting parents and reading all car mags and saw the artical

Petty Blue and Red
    1985 Buick Regal

My 84 Regal

Wonder who is the guy standing next to me?????

LS1 to be installed in a month or so.
    Kyle Petty Fan Club Member # 77

Arctic White, red/gray

Right from Car & driver pg100 April 2011
    Testing Subs legacy gt2.5 limited has proven frustrating and expensive. In it's initial access runs,our first gt sheared a half shaft. Once repaired,the car made a second appearance, and a second half shaft was bifurcated.

Honestly that's straight from the mag and does not sound good. I get ya zinergy,I know u know ur cars from seeing ur posts. I know Audie aren't that reliable either. We own one, just put a thermostat in the A6 4.2 40v and it's hidden behind the timing belt which meant removing the front end to access.
    Sorry about typos,trying out my fathers iPad. Visiting parents and reading all car mags and saw the artical
    Mine has been great but cars are all different some peoples only last 50kmiles before needing something major and some go forever.

I like Audis but I just cant justify buying one unless i got a great deal. My mom says she wont consider anything else for her next car. So looks like Audi still gets buyers even before they drive the cars lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information