1966 Corvette Coupe

Craftman Jacks SUCK Support Group...

Ok the thread about jacks made me see how many of you have had issues with these things... Mine got to the point that you couldn't pump fast enough to keep it from falling... I finally tried to add fluid and "bleed" it out a bit... Its working better when it comes to lifting, but now the wide caster in the front is jammed...

Just so you know i use my jack specifically on concrete... Rarely on eve asphalt and never on dirt...

Dont mind their hand tools... but never again anything else...

-me

p.s. also i have the craftsman 33ish gallon air compressor... regulator has stopped working and the brass bleed valve on the bottom blew out of it one day while i was trying to empty the water out...

Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax

I stopped buying craftsman tools years ago. I bought their aluminum "racing jack" about 2 years ago and it sucks! I always go back to old one that is about 30 years old, and it works like new.

Black
    '98 Z28

I bought myself the heaviest and slowest Harbor Freight jack I could find. I love the damn thing. Reliable as hell and low profile to boot. Only cost me about $60 out the door too.

This is the one I got.
    http://www.harborfreight.com/2-ton-l...ack-67022.html

1990 Mustang

predator, I have the same compressor as you and had a similar problem with the bleeder valve. It seems the only craftsman products worth buying are hand tools and tool boxes.

MACHINE SILVER
    2005 C6 CORVETTE

Craftsman tools are good as long as you don't use them. When you do , they break..And screw the warrenty , because at 10pm when you need it , they are not open...

Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax

Love my snap-on tools and tool box!

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I bet they are not as bad as those duralaugh jacks those things are horrible,im also going to harbor freight to get a new jack a.s.a.p

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Imho Sears is bankrupt has been for years.. Taking Crapsman with them..

I have Craftsman tools that say, "Made in China" on them..

I don't buy anything other than wrenches now..

I have set upon set of craftsman sockets that started losing their chrome in large flakes before they ever got used..

I still use their impact sockets..

truck

Craftsman now is sold at k mart don't get much worse
    Maybe harbor freight

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by svtvenomsvt View Post
    Craftsman now is sold at k mart don't get much worse
    Maybe harbor freight
    Another Co. that has been bankrupt for years..

When Sears Roebuck shit the bed the best they could come up with was........... absorb K-mart...

Red
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by tpilews View Post
    I bought myself the heaviest and slowest Harbor Freight jack I could find. I love the damn thing. Reliable as hell and low profile to boot. Only cost me about $60 out the door too.

This is the one I got.
    http://www.harborfreight.com/2-ton-l...ack-67022.html
    I have the same one and it has been great so far.

White
    95 Z28

years ago i spent what i call alot of money on a nice low profile craftsman jack, and it didn't last even a year before taking a massive dump in the garage. it now sits in the shed and has been replaced by harbor freight racing jack. works like a dream, i probably wouldn't buy craftsmen unless its some kind of wrench or hand held non electric tool. i'd probably go with kobalt. but then again most companies have lifetime warranties anymore.

White over Red
    1991 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by tpilews View Post

This is the one I got.
    Low Profile Aluminum Racing Jack - 2 Ton, Rapid PumpĀ®

I have the same jack. Works great for the wife's civic and my vette, but it doesn't like jacking up Sierra or Suburban. I have an old school torin jack for that. Heavier and slower than hell but always works.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I own a smaller Craftsman air compressor and it will not hold air for any period of time. It holds it long enough to get a job done like airing up tires (mainly what I use it for), but if I keep any air in it overnight it is empty by morning.

Haven't really had many issues with Craftsman tools. I have broken some old sockets before that took a lot of abuse. Took them back and got new ones.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

My little aluminum harbor freight jack has done me good for the last two years and even if if took a dump tomorrow i've gotten more out of it than i paid imo.

Haven't had any bad issues with Craftsman really. All the Craftsman tools I bought were from maybe 20 years ago and they've held up fine. Once in a great while I'll break a socket or something, and they have always replaced them free. Their floor jacks I have are also more than 20 years old and still work great.

Probably alot of their "new" stuff could have problems since they have had money troubles, alot of crap made in china, and Kmart buying them out a few years ago all more than likely contribute to lesser quality I'm sure.

I also have a mix of Snap On and Mac tools here which are also very good quality. But the problem with them is that there isn't a retail store that sells them local. So I break something and I'm shit out of luck. At least with the Craftsman, they still honor the lifetime warranty and I can run up the street to Sears and replace it.

Frankly though, if Snap On or Mac would offer a retail store locally I'd most certainly buy there even though you pay more for it. Without retail locally though, I tend to avoid the stuff.

PEWTER
    2001 SS

Just my .02 since i work for SEARS PARTS where we take care parts for everything sold by SEARS. Sorry to say but KMART has nothing to do with the quality of our tools and appliances. Every single item sold by SEARS is made by top of the line companies such as ryobi, dewalt, skil, and many more which are the same products you find at home depot and lowes but with just a craftsman stamp on it. Your CRAFTSMAN JACKS are made by CHICAGO PNEUMATIC CO and always have.

35th-ANV-SS you might need a new pressure switch for your compressor.

Burghandy
    1988 Monte

I had a craftsman jack for over 20 yrs that I had to finally dump. It was a darn good jack.
    The one my wife bought me from farm n fleet is already having issues and not even yr old.

Thread Information