Page 259 of 355 FirstFirst ... 959109159209219229239255256257258259260261262263279289299309 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,180 of 7099
    Blog Entries
    Great pics! Makes me want to be wrenching again!

Blog Entries
    Great pics! Makes me want to be wrenching again!

Quote Originally Posted by udy2554 View Post
    Me too! FINALLY!

Monster twin disc installed...long story! AWESOME customer service! I can't say enough good things about Steve Addison! Just AWESOME!

New this spring/summer: poly motor and trans mounts, UMI Trans x-member wither mount for the UNI TA, American Racing Headers (1 7/8"), ARH catted-Y, Borla exhaust with DMH cutout(love the sound of the exhaust through the muffler...old school!), new/reconditioned computer with Frost tune, no more EGR/AIR)

Car is running AWESOME! 100 more miles to go breaking in the clutch and then time for some tire-shredding!

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Giddy like a schoolgirl on prom night! (8-P

Dark metallic blue
    2000 WS6 vert!

I built a garage 2 years ago, so it's not too bad! I wasn't psyched about having to do it for the third time in a year though!

Now I'm working on wasting a set of tires!
    Long ago...

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

Moved it to the upper garage so we can load up tomorrow and head out to the Pontiac-Oakland Club National show in Illinois! Anyone else attending?

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    Can't wait to get these on with tires!They are really light I swear two are lighter than one wheel of the wheels I previously had.
    Click for full size

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
    What size are they, and have you weighed the wheels yet?

My factory C5 Z06's are 19.5-20 lbs each, the factory WS6 Speedlines are 25-26 lbs.
    SLP Air Lid/Smooth Bellows
    L76 6.0L block, PRC Ported 243 heads, Texas Speed 224R cam.
    Kooks Emissions LT Headers/Catted Y pipe
    NGK TR55 plugs
    Magnaflow Cat-back
    Spohn Front Upper Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Lower Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Sway Bar
    UMI Rear Lower Control Arms/ Adjustable Panhard Rod
    UMI Welded-on Two Piece Subframe Connectors
    Factory C5 Z06 17x9.5 wheels w/ 285-40-17 Continental Extreme Contact Sports all the way around.
    Dyno Dynamics dynoed @:
    415 rwhp

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenWS6 View Post
    I lowered mine with a lightly pre-owned setup ( Eibach prokit springs, Bilstein HD shocks ). It rode rough after rear spring install. Well here is my order of installments. Rear shocks ( rode fine ), rear springs ( bounces ), front assemblies ( rode slightly better but still bounced a lot ). This is straight line bouncing whenever the car is cruising or accelerating. With concerns of the pinion shaft I have gone easy on the car.

Some after installation photos.
    Click for full size

Click for full size

Much too low in the front, but a perfect 'to me' rear stance.

I then installed my on-car adjustable panhard bar ( UMI ), spent some time with my measurements. The car drove much nicer and didn't feel like it drifted badly anymore. Big difference!
    Click for full size

Now tonight I went up to Jeff's place ( with Zack too ) and we put in my subframe connectors ( UMI 2pt bolt-in ) and he had some 1/4" aluminum spacers for the front shock assemblies. Getting my car high enough to get the lift arms under it was interesting in its own. We ended up driving over two blocks of wood and Zack lifted the front right from the engine day for the front right arm to get under the car. It was interesting with the three of us working to pull down the wheel enough to gain clearance for the spacers to slide in. I was hanging on the wheels with all the 170lbs I could dangle down with while Jeff and Zack made clearances and guided them in place .

A couple shots of my car on Jeff's blocks he built when he did his 3 points. Sits the car perfectly on its own weight to properly do the SFCs.
    Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

We installed the front spacers first. They made the front end sit level with the rear. I am very pleased with the look. The subframe connectors make the car feel more rugged and stronger from just how it feels closing the doors, to taking a tighter turn going down the road. They say the cars should have came factory with them, certainly so! I'm grateful for Pajeff's helping hands and know-how.

In my garage tonight.
    Click for full size

Click for full size

I was an extraordinary genius and left my phone on the spoiler as we lifted the car to start the bolts for the SFCs so there isn't an under-carriage shot. So this will have to do.
    Click for full size

Now remember the bouncing coming from the rear? After doing this to the car tonight it rides smooth and bounces very little. It almost feels stock again, just a little firmer ( a good thing ) and not sloppy, much more controlled feeling. Now I love the setup. The front being that low must have had the driveshaft at a real bad angle. It was damn close to slammed however. I am glad Jeff had these spacers. I was considering going back to stock. Jeff measured the pinion angles and he came up with a down angle 0.7. Next part will be an adjustable torque arm with drive-shaft safety loop. Of coarse, it will be UMI.
    I really want to get a set of three point, weld on UMI SFC's on my WS6, I can feel the chasis flex well before the suspension and tires are near saying "uncle" on the on/off ramps. I want to get the car stiffened enough before the front control arms, and the new-ish springs go on.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Whamhammer View Post
    What size are they, and have you weighed the wheels yet?

My factory C5 Z06's are 19.5-20 lbs each, the factory WS6 Speedlines are 25-26 lbs.
    They are 17x4.5 and 15x10 and weigh 15# each according to the box. I have not officially weighed them though.

1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

I really want to get a set of three point, weld on UMI SFC's on my WS6, I can feel the chasis flex well before the suspension and tires are near saying "uncle" on the on/off ramps. I want to get the car stiffened enough before the front control arms, and the new-ish springs go on.
    Two point connectors are plenty unless your racing it just a heads up
    99 Trans Am, SLP Lid, Blackwing filter, smooth bellow, Ported TB, LS6 intake, Ws6 lower ram air box, OBX LT's, Magna Flow cat back, LS7 clutch, Tick MC, Hurst Shifter, Frost Tune, UMI SFC,LAC, STB, PB, Torq Arm, Super Hawk hood, Torq Thrust II, Kee Audio.
    Strange S60 4:10's, D&S Rotors, S/S Brake Lines.
    Nitto NT05R Track Tire's, 12.7 @ 108 / 1.82 60'
    Wish list.
    Coil overs, Heads & Cam

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by kingls1 View Post
    Two point connectors are plenty unless your racing it just a heads up

Now that's not true. 2pts do add a great deal to stiffing up the body and help in body flex.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I started with 2 points and then swapped to 3 points after we decided to engage in straight line racing with our car. I honestly could not notice a difference between the 2 and 3 points from the driver's seat. There is no question though that the 3 points do tie everything together under the car.

Navy Blue Metallic

What did you do with your Trans Am today?

i do agree 3pt >2pt> nothing

Just was correcting the thought that they do nothing...

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    i do agree 3pt >2pt> nothing

Just was correcting the thought that they do nothing...
    Yes, more mounting points = more rigidity. As fat as 2-points being enough for street driving, that might be true but more rigidity will only help the drivng matters on the car. Even if the 3-point is only 5-10% more than the two points, its great insurance, escpecislly for the cabin, take a look at the begining of the "Frankenbird" thread, and you will know why I want the additional rigidity.

I spent a good amount of my past career working in bodyshops and have seen what "a little more rigidity" can do. If there was a 4 or 5-point SFC, and it was a good design, and at a reasonable price point, I would buy it.

Black/ Silver

I wouldn't even consider anything less than 3 point if it were me.

black
    02 TransAm Ramair WS6

I just had my 3 point SFC's installed a couple weeks ago. I can't compare 2 vs 3 but there's a noticeable difference in performance and ride. They really tightened up the car - well worth it imo. Brakes upgraded as well to slotted rotors , Hawk perf. pads and braided steel lines. Another very worthy upgrade - even more noticeable of a difference from stock. Gotta go Auto-X ing now !!
    '02 Black RamAir M6--Kooks LTH, Magnaflo, Lowered Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks, Tuned By Frost, K&N & SLP box, Smooth bellows, polished TB, Spohn perf. suspension, shock tower brace. UMI 3point SFC. Front & side splitters w/ canards. American Racing 18" wheels & Mich. Pilot SS titres
    '76 LagunaS3 - 355ci , 350 turbo, 3:55's

Blue Green Chameleon
    2001 Trans Am Vert

I like the three point but at more than double the price it is tough to justify when only a street car.
    2001 Trans Am Vert

Black/ Silver

Test fitted my race star wheels with my CTSV brakes. They fit great. Now I just need some tires.

Last edited by 98TransAmWs-6; 07-18-2016 at 06:10 PM.

Navy Blue Metallic

So.....I got around to doing this. I really do like it. It's been painted using that plastidip stuff. Just wanted to see how it would look to make up my mind on getting them Powder-coated like this.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

Damn Jon! What happened? Where you just driving along and the tensioner pulley exploded?
    1998 Pontiac TA, stock heads, FAST 90, FAST 90 TB, FLP LT, off road y-pipe with cat delete, flow master muffler, comp cams 54-457-11 223/231-610/617-112 LSA, Pro charger D1SC with FMIC @ 8psi, FROST tune, VIG 3200 stall, built 4l60e, snow meth kit, MOSER 12 bolt 373 gears, Derale 13900 trans cooler.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Yikes! That is all tore up. Was that a stock tensioner or an aftermarket piece?

Page 259 of 355 FirstFirst ... 959109159209219229239255256257258259260261262263279289299309 ... LastLast

Thread Information