Page 254 of 355 FirstFirst ... 454104154204214224234250251252253254255256257258274284294304354 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,080 of 7099

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by kingls1 View Post
    Been working on these coil covers, they are definitely made for LS motors but definitely not the T/A so after what seems like a thousand test fits they are on. Now final sanding to clean up edges and remove scratches then I'm applying a coating I got from Eastwood to protect them. I will be back with the finished product shortly.Click for full size
    I wonder if those will clear a FAST 102 with truck coils?

Possible price if you were to make a set?
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

Got them here Scott,TSP LS1 LS6 Coil Covers | eBay I bet they would fit with a little trimming, they fit my new 5.3 that's going in my mustang before I cut them up to fit the bird
    99 Trans Am, SLP Lid, Blackwing filter, smooth bellow, Ported TB, LS6 intake, Ws6 lower ram air box, OBX LT's, Magna Flow cat back, LS7 clutch, Tick MC, Hurst Shifter, Frost Tune, UMI SFC,LAC, STB, PB, Torq Arm, Super Hawk hood, Torq Thrust II, Kee Audio.
    Strange S60 4:10's, D&S Rotors, S/S Brake Lines.
    Nitto NT05R Track Tire's, 12.7 @ 108 / 1.82 60'
    Wish list.
    Coil overs, Heads & Cam

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

What catch can is that and what lines and connections did you use for on the intake?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by kingls1 View Post
    Got them here Scott,TSP LS1 LS6 Coil Covers | eBay I bet they would fit with a little trimming, they fit my new 5.3 that's going in my mustang before I cut them up to fit the bird
    I just realized why I sold my FRC's....it's wasn't so much as the FAST intake as much as it was because of the alternator relocation that I did. The FRC's would interfere with the alt's mounting hardware.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Feeling old at 32?! I must feel friggin' ancient then at my age.

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    What catch can is that and what lines and connections did you use for on the intake?

The oil catch can is a cheapy from eBay and don't wast your money cause I can't get it to stop leaking, spent way to much time taking it on and off and it still leaks so it is going by by soon. The lines to it are just braided fuel lines with hose clamp ends hidden inside of the chrome nut from Summit. The fuel lines I made up with real braided line and AN fittings

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I just realized why I sold my FRC's....it's wasn't so much as the FAST intake as much as it was because of the alternator relocation that I did. The FRC's would interfere with the alt's mounting hardware.
    You can cut these away to fit I had to around my oil catch can bracket. Does it sit in front of your valve cover? One thing that sucked was trying to get the passenger side in because of the heater box as well as the oil dip stick. The driver side also had problems with the fuel rail and lines coming out. I really think they would be best at home on a LS swap with a carb or the fuel rails that sit on top of intake with the line going in front or rear. I think they will look cool when done or I keep saying that because I cut the shit out of $100 bill

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Ah cool thanks

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by bandit95 View Post
    Oh it just makes me feel old trying to get out of this thing sometimes. Falling into it and hitting the fast pedal is what makes it worth it
    I'm crippled but won't trade my bird for anything....

Blog Entries
    '99 Trans Am ws6 v8 6-speed:
    Gents, it has 6,000 pm red-line warning, but I note the tach goes to 7k. Is there a built-in engine cut-off anywhere at 6k, 6500, etc? I try to keep her below 6k, and even then have only blipped over 5-5.5k a few times for a brief second going up through the gears. Do you guys keep it below 5 for street driving? They tell us to keep our Harleys below 4k ! :-)

Bright Red
    2000 Trans Am

Turned a (minor) wrench on the ole gal for the first time in probably over a year. She has been having this terrible intermittent charging issue. I chalked it up to the PS pump I replaced a couple years ago already leaking again (which it does) and killing yet another alt. So I picked up a nice Powermaster alt and the relocation kit from CBR Performance (home state holla!) So I actually had a little free time this morning to play with it some and the last couple weeks from absolute hell and beyond, it helped me to take my mind off other crap. Since the car is a somewhat DD, even with the charging issue it never stranded me. Would just go from 13+ volts to 8 steady. Dimmer lights at night but drove fine and would sometimes just bounce back up to 13+. So I couldn't do the whole thing at once since I neglected to measure and get a new belt beforehand. So I figured that I would do a little prep work to get the ball rolling and make me want to work on it more. So I got under her and dropped the alt. I noticed something that had escaped my attention each time I pulled the alt before... it already had a spliced pigtail for the exciter wire. Not only had the pigtail been replaced but whoever did it was a hack. He used 12GA wire where the original was 18GA causing an unexpected change in resistance. Not only that but I had bare wire hanging all out of the weather pack with about an eighth of an inch movement in and out of the socket. Plus he used aluminum wire instead of copper. Since I couldn't complete the job in one go I decided to stop gap fix the issue by just lopping off the connector, stripping, twisting, soldering and heat shrinking the new pigtail in there. My suspicion is that it will allow the car to run fine again until I can find the time to do the full relocation. It certainly jumped back up to 13+ volts once done and backing off the ramps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alt exiter wire 1.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	26591

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alt exiter wire 2.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	26592

Navy Blue Metallic

With that kit you won't have to worry about adding any new wire. You have to pull it out of the loom to get it placed into the passenger side loom. I measure it out a few extra inches then cut off the excess and re-plugged it into the harness.

Navy Blue Metallic

I finally installed my new switch plate from Emblem Pros..

Bright Red
    2000 Trans Am

With that kit you won't have to worry about adding any new wire. You have to pull it out of the loom to get it placed into the passenger side loom. I measure it out a few extra inches then cut off the excess and re-plugged it into the harness.
    With the two pigtails I am sure there is plenty of wire now. Though when I re-locate it I am pulling the strand of 12ga aluminum out altogether and connecting my new pigtail directly to the harness.

2000 Trans Am T56 Swapped - GMPP "HOT" Cam | LS6 Intake | PnP TB | 25% UD Pulley | Founders adjustable LCA/PHB/TA | Norris Catch Can | TSP 1-7/8 SS LT | TSP True Duals with bullets | SLP Lid | UMI Shock tower brace | Torq Thrust M 17x9 275/40 front 17x10.5 315/35 rear - YouTube Videos - My Car Site

Navy Blue Metallic

You will want to invest into a 9/16" crow's foot. Using wrenches is a PITA.

Bright Red
    2000 Trans Am

You will want to invest into a 9/16" crow's foot. Using wrenches is a PITA.
    Noted, haha. Been meaning to pick up a set of those anyway. Now I have an excuse.

Navy Blue Metallic

Also pay some attention to the power steering bracket. I'm not sure if the potted aluminum just gave out form age or because of the tension that this can add to the belt drive that it caused mine to crack. If it does pm me and I'll point you to where I got my nice billet aluminum piece.

Bright Red
    2000 Trans Am

Also pay some attention to the power steering bracket. I'm not sure if the potted aluminum just gave out form age or because of the tension that this can add to the belt drive that it caused mine to crack. If it does pm me and I'll point you to where I got my nice billet aluminum piece.
    Ick, that sucks. But I did see your bracket which looks super nice. I'll keep you in mind when it breaks though. Because I'm sure it will. I've already had the pot metal break on my side mirrors twice since putting in a cam.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyGFirebird View Post
    Gents, it has 6,000 pm red-line warning, but I note the tach goes to 7k. Is there a built-in engine cut-off anywhere at 6k, 6500, etc? I try to keep her below 6k, and even then have only blipped over 5-5.5k a few times for a brief second going up through the gears. Do you guys keep it below 5 for street driving? They tell us to keep our Harleys below 4k ! :-)
    Depends on the tune where the rev limiter kicks in. All vehicles have one to keep the motor from blowing up. Stock is set to 6250rpm. Shifting well below that leaves a lot of power on the table.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyGFirebird View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Depends on the tune where the rev limiter kicks in. All vehicles have one to keep the motor from blowing up. Stock is set to 6250rpm. Shifting well below that leaves a lot of power on the table.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    ^^^+1

It also comes down to what's in the car. My cam is spec'd out to 7,000rpm. My tuner set the rev at 6500 rpm. 1 - it gives me a cushion and 2- that is about right where the power peaks and falls off.

Only time I get into the 4's (rpm's is when I'm doing a hard acceleration or launching. Most times I'm shifting at around 3-3500 rpms. My gas tank thanks me for doing so.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Got all the new suspension parts installed. Springs, shocks, sway bars, upper and lower a arms.Changed out the lower control arms and pan hard bar to styles that don't use rod ends. Adj. torque arm and new UMI torque arm mount to get off the trans. MWC drive shaft safety loop installed also. Didn't get to drive it too long since it started raining while I was grilling dinner. Gotta play with the rear shocks and see where i like them set at and get the car aligned. It was too late in the day when it was all done. Buddy was joking I better find a place that specializes in vettes since it sits so low now. But gotta wait out another day or two of rain first. The stance looks great now no longer that 4x4 look. Just on the short drive i took from the shop to the house the car felt solid and planted and the rear didn't sound like it was gonna shake apart when backing up like it did on all the worn out stuff after the S60 was put in last year.

Now just gotta put the interior all back together. Since all the seats but the driver seat is out. Still putting the new leather seat covers on them. Then gotta pull and do the drivers seat. Plus all the interior panels that were taken out to do the shock install need to be put back in. Once that's done the only thing left for this season is finally installing the 6LE front splitter I've had for a while and I got a new version of their rear diffuser. Used to have the Chinese made one but it fit like crap and didn't want to put the kind of money needed into it to fix it. Now the new ones are american made and look so much damn better and just from the quick pre-fit before paint it looks like it will fit a lot better then the old style.

Once everything is done and the car is cleaned up ill get pics with all the new goodies on the car.

Page 254 of 355 FirstFirst ... 454104154204214224234250251252253254255256257258274284294304354 ... LastLast

Thread Information