Page 233 of 356 FirstFirst ... 3383133183193203213229230231232233234235236237253263273283333 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,660 of 7102

Pewter
    2002 WS6 TA

yep....

I figured you'd say that but if the car has not moved in many weeks i wondered
    if there was a "known situation" which pops up and could be pursued?!

My bud Nigel has no tool which can check any codes but i will phone around a few
    Vauxhall dealers (GM) and independents today to see if they can do a scan.

black
    1998 ws6 trans-am

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyGFirebird View Post
    I also tried using my lumbar/lateral support buttons on '99 WS6 T/Am for first time since buying car as 3rd owner months ago. I just didn't care that much at first. Pass. side inflates like factory-new, driver side is caput, no work for either lumbar/lateral but can hear pump motor whizzing. Is there a good LS1.com Forum link you can direct me to? Thanks Gents n Ladies.
    seen one on e-bay for sale.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by speedyWS6 View Post
    yep....

My bud Nigel has no tool which can check any codes but i will phone around a few

I suppose you could open the hood and look around. Or crawl underneath look for mouse wiring damage.
    -------------------------------------
    Kooks 1 7/8" race headers, Kooks ORY, Borla catback, Nitto 555R, LS6 intake manifold, Shaner S3 ported stock throttle body, SLP lid, smooth bellows, JAAM Ram Air kit, Elite Engineering catch can, LS6 valley cover, EGR and AIR deleted, Frost tune, and Simpson Racing child car seat in the back. 13.2 @ 108MPH

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

I bought an "ACTRON" code reader several years ago. They range as cheap as $60 and up to $300+. For your needs, the cheapest is fine. If you do buy it, don't leave it in the garage. My 1st one I did, and it messed up the display.
    1998 Pontiac TA, stock heads, FAST 90, FAST 90 TB, FLP LT, off road y-pipe with cat delete, flow master muffler, comp cams 54-457-11 223/231-610/617-112 LSA, Pro charger D1SC with FMIC @ 8psi, FROST tune, VIG 3200 stall, built 4l60e, snow meth kit, MOSER 12 bolt 373 gears, Derale 13900 trans cooler.

black
    1998 ws6 trans-am

yea i know the feeling i have a chipmunk running around ( a rat with good pr.) temporary anyway! the cats want it so bad they can taste it, these cat don't go outside. this is ziva Attachment 26530
    Firewolf ( All My Children Have 4 Paws ) or 4 wheels

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

yep....

I also recommend "e-ordering" a simple scanner, it might be as simple as the heater or the sensor for the rear O2's going bad. The OBD gives a certain amount of time for the rear O2 to come to temperature, and if the heaters bad it wont get there, and set off a code.

Pewter
    2002 WS6 TA

The idea of having a simple scan tool to hand is starting to sound
    quite a good idea.

With my last TA i had a Predator hand held which did help me delete
    O2 codes every once in a while..... Do the scanners i have had a quick
    look at on the web (ebay) have capabilities to delete codes, (once fixed!) or
    would i have to pay rather more to have this ability?

Trev

Scott.... I had the rear O2's tuned out with my Frost tune and i have bungs.

Pewter
    2002 WS6 TA

Right then....

Been doing a lot of looking around and this one seems a popular one?

MS509 EOBD OBD2 OBDII Car Scanner Diagnostic Live Data Code Reader Check Engine | eBay

I thought i would have to be messing around and having to ship one over
    but they are available here for not a lot of $$££

Please... if anybody has used one of these or has any thoughts on what
    features i should be looking to have on the unit then pleaae chime in!

Trev

Bright Red
    2000 Trans Am

In the picture on the listing it says it reads and clears codes. So you would be able to delete whatever code is causing the light to come on but it pop back up after a while until fixed.

2000 Trans Am T56 Swapped - GMPP "HOT" Cam | LS6 Intake | PnP TB | 25% UD Pulley | Founders adjustable LCA/PHB/TA | Norris Catch Can | TSP 1-7/8 SS LT | TSP True Duals with bullets | SLP Lid | UMI Shock tower brace | Torq Thrust M 17x9 275/40 front 17x10.5 315/35 rear - YouTube Videos - My Car Site

Pewter
    2002 WS6 TA

You're right Chris...

It DOES seem to fit the bill but i just wondered if anybody has used this exact
    unit to be able to comment good, bad or indifferent!!

I an in no panic to buy and as usual, i want to make an informed choice.

My idea of working on the car is to give it high-octane gas. I was doing that when someone straight up asked me how much I paid for it. I think he wanted to buy it. I basically blocked that by linking its price to high mileage. I wish I'd get more compliments and fewer inquiries - why would I sell the car to some random guy who approaches me?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I should have went one step up when I purchased my Actron scanner as it does not have the ability to see live engine data. Fortunately, on our GM's I can plug in HP Tuners and see it all on my laptop. It just isn't quite as handy doing it this way, and I do not travel with it in the car like I do my Actron.

Black
    2001 Pontiac Trans am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    I should have went one step up when I purchased my Actron scanner as it does not have the ability to see live engine data. Fortunately, on our GM's I can plug in HP Tuners and see it all on my laptop. It just isn't quite as handy doing it this way, and I do not travel with it in the car like I do my Actron.
    thats where a surface tablet comes in handy, makes it a little less awkward than using a full size laptop.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I am old school. It amazes me that I even use what is probably an 8 year old laptop for anything.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Sorta wasted afternoon.

Installing the LED's for that dash cluster and ordered the wrong base. Returning them now so I can order the correct ones.

Also is this a 98 thing or does all have this?

All my lights for:

CEL, Airbag, Brake, ABS, etc are all hard solder into the circuit. Meaning you can't replace them unless you want to re-solder all of them.

There are only the turn signals, low coolant and 6 background lights that can be swapped out. The rest like I said above.

But good news is I was able to let it idle and hear the sweet sound of open headers............Sat in it for 25 mins.
    Last edited by SMWS6TA; 02-19-2016 at 12:43 PM.

Bright Red
    2000 Trans Am

Got a new pile 'o parts for the ole gal. Now to find some time to get it all installed.

Also... on the way home yesterday, I saw this guy drying his vette with a gas powered leaf blower.

Blog Entries
    Got my TA Ws6 30th Anniv. Ed. seats to work for air balloon lumbar/lateral support simply by hooking up hose u der driver seat ! Probably jiggled apart by big feet or a carpet vacuum?

Question: what is little delicate black wire and what looks like fuse or connector on right side of Driver seat where attaches to floor? Looks like comes from seat and goes into floor near shaft-hump.... and i assume for the sensor if somebody sitting on seat or not , BUT it looks too flimsy. Not sure if this is stock or not. If stock, seems too vulnerable to somebodys right foot from back seat? p.s. I NOT talking about wire haeness which goes into floor with airhose to make the trip over to pass seat side. That harness connected and sturdy.

p.s. if i buy some LS1.com bling like t-shirt does that help as much as contribution? This site has saved me money and been a nice lifeline as i fixed all the nit stuff on my "new to me" used TrAm since summer. Want to help $$$ somehow. :-)
    Last edited by BobbyGFirebird; 02-20-2016 at 11:19 AM. Reason: typo

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

You can be a contributor for $15.00, but yes, purchases do benefit the site as well. Thank you.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Decadence75 View Post
    Got a new pile 'o parts for the ole gal. Now to find some time to get it all installed.

Click for full size

Also... on the way home yesterday, I saw this guy drying his vette with a gas powered leaf blower.
    I have done that several times. Works great and eliminates any chances for a shammy, towel, or whatever else you'd use to scratch the paint.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

The idea of having a simple scan tool to hand is starting to sound
    quite a good idea.

With my last TA i had a Predator hand held which did help me delete
    O2 codes every once in a while..... Do the scanners i have had a quick
    look at on the web (ebay) have capabilities to delete codes, (once fixed!) or
    would i have to pay rather more to have this ability?

Trev

Scott.... I had the rear O2's tuned out with my Frost tune and i have bungs.
    But I actually want to have readings from my rear O2's. It's not like their total operation was borked, it just took longer for the O2's to heat up.

Page 233 of 356 FirstFirst ... 3383133183193203213229230231232233234235236237253263273283333 ... LastLast

Thread Information