Page 232 of 356 FirstFirst ... 3282132182192202212228229230231232233234235236252262272282332 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,640 of 7102
    Blog Entries
    Ditto to THAT ! I have gotten SO many more "Cool car, Bro" and "Cool car, Mister" cries out than I ever imagined. My blue 30th Ann Ed. T/Am wheels help ... one guy who I thought was going to give me a parking ticket offered to buy my wheels on the spot !

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmTerry View Post
    reading about you guys in Md & Pa driving your cars makes me feel bad that I haven't had mine out all year yet,, but now that snowmagedon has just about melted away - we get all the melt run off all over the place and salt powder everywhere. I have another veh. to drive and can't justify trashing a really clean car !! not to mention summer only tires that don't like under 40 deg. REALLY looking forward to spring. They're talking about more snow Tues /Wed. GRRRR!
    My car was garaged just before the first salt hit the roads and will not return until sometime in April when rain has cleaned them up. I'm so ready for spring and our winter has been pretty mild.
    99 Trans Am, SLP Lid, Blackwing filter, smooth bellow, Ported TB, LS6 intake, Ws6 lower ram air box, OBX LT's, Magna Flow cat back, LS7 clutch, Tick MC, Hurst Shifter, Frost Tune, UMI SFC,LAC, STB, PB, Torq Arm, Super Hawk hood, Torq Thrust II, Kee Audio.
    Strange S60 4:10's, D&S Rotors, S/S Brake Lines.
    Nitto NT05R Track Tire's, 12.7 @ 108 / 1.82 60'
    Wish list.
    Coil overs, Heads & Cam

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyGFirebird View Post
    S N O W ! So, I had to drive a very short distance in 1-inch snow. Great. But, as soon as started up a semi-steep (I mean, not too steep... my Subaru would have eaten it up in 8 inches of snow) driveway, I lost traction in rear and began to slide back and sideways. Would it have helped if I pressed the TCS Traction Control Switch off? I didn't think of till later --- AFTER I had put 2 logs behind tires as an overnight chuck !!! --- but then I realized maybe the manual said something about this?

Don't we have limited slip diffs in a '99 Trans-Am 6-speed WS6 ?

Anyway, what do I do in snowy driveway slope: leave TCS as is, or turn off? I confused.
    Here it is You Ready! Park it until Spring and drive the Subaru. Lol

black
    1998 ws6 trans-am

Took it out for a spin Sunday , I was just going to crank it but said all hell church is out ( still has the loud muffler on it ) fixing to have a quieter one put on that flows nearly the same as the one on it, ant going to make that much difference now that I took off the twin turbos , anyway back to the story, thought i'd drive down to mother-in-laws house ( hubby has some barn cats there ) so i would feed them and come back home about 5 miles, anyway i'm rambling ant i, so i get on a little strip of road everyone uses for burn out's and i do a descent one 2 nice black marks and low and behold theirs a bunch of people still at the mexican church playing soccer, well was going to fast and just about everyone of them stopped and was watching me! so i gave them a good show and went and fed cats for about a hour didn't see any cops yet so went slowly back home the backway ( like it would do any good to hide anyway don't know of anyone close to me that is like mine two blame it on . put cover back on .( the end.) so far!. everyone have a nice day!
    Last edited by fws98ws6tt; 02-09-2016 at 03:59 AM. Reason: spelling

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Makes it all the better when there is an audience!

Dark metallic blue
    2000 WS6 vert!

Actually, the LTs are American Racing!😳 Oops! (Not TSPs)
    Long ago...

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

Love the story fws98ws6tt !!! I have done something similar to that before. Though I was all alone and laid a nice 2 stripe patch several hundred feet long. As the smoke cleared I saw some kids on bikes and skateboarding clapping and cheering! ! 🙌👍👏👏👏👍👍 I just gave them a 👍 and drove off like a normal person. Lol
    1998 Pontiac TA, stock heads, FAST 90, FAST 90 TB, FLP LT, off road y-pipe with cat delete, flow master muffler, comp cams 54-457-11 223/231-610/617-112 LSA, Pro charger D1SC with FMIC @ 8psi, FROST tune, VIG 3200 stall, built 4l60e, snow meth kit, MOSER 12 bolt 373 gears, Derale 13900 trans cooler.

Blog Entries
    ok, found Manual. says to turn TCS off when in slippery driveway now or stuck in sand.... Hmmmm. I could have saved self some shoveling. :-)

Blog Entries
    Traced it all the way back (the wrong way !) from where I though problem was under Pass Seat, but all hoses in tact and attached. Traced it down from Driver seat to below seat and up and over seat-frame rail, and finally found it was just unplugged from connector harness coming out of floorboard under seat. TOO COLD to try and wiggle it back on, but I'm hopeful I will have lumbar/lateral racing driver seat this week ! :-) p.s. just to be sure: it's one set of hoses coming down from seat into a 2-prong FEMALE connector, and that clips onto the 2-prong connector from floor harness, right? No missing extension length of hose? I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyGFirebird View Post
    I also tried using my lumbar/lateral support buttons on '99 WS6 T/Am for first time since buying car as 3rd owner months ago. I just didn't care that much at first. Pass. side inflates like factory-new, driver side is caput, no work for either lumbar/lateral but can hear pump motor whizzing. Is there a good LS1.com Forum link you can direct me to? Thanks Gents n Ladies.

Bright Red
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by udy2554 View Post
    I ordered some TSP LTs and carted Y-pipe! Considering the Rumbler cat-back vs my LM! Hmmm!

Any thoughts or recommendations?
    I had the rumbler catback when I first got my 1-7/8 TSP headers but didn't care for the rasp. I swapped over to the TSP true duals less than a year later and couldn't be happier.

Silver

Stopped to check on the last of my girls this afternoon for Valentine's Day and she wasn't very happy! The more I talked the more I could see she wasn't listening!!

Dark metallic blue
    2000 WS6 vert!

Quote Originally Posted by Decadence75 View Post
    I had the rumbler catback when I first got my 1-7/8 TSP headers but didn't care for the rasp. I swapped over to the TSP true duals less than a year later and couldn't be happier.

I'm hoping the catted-Y will take the rasp! I may stay with the LM! If it's too much/too loud, I may got to a muffled system with a cutout!

Thanks for chiming in!

I'm looking for the old muscle car sound!

Bright Red
    2000 Trans Am

I'm hoping the catted-Y will take the rasp! I may stay with the LM! If it's too much/too loud, I may got to a muffled system with a cutout!

Thanks for chiming in!

I don't think it will. I believe all Y systems have rasp to some degree. The true duals aren't quiet for sure. Here is a quick video of mine from a couple years ago.

Dark metallic blue
    2000 WS6 vert!

Quote Originally Posted by Decadence75 View Post
    I don't think it will. I believe all Y systems have rasp to some degree. The true duals aren't quiet for sure. Here is a quick video of mine from a couple years ago.

Love the idle!;-)

Silver

Thanks for chiming in!

I think the cats help for sure I had some rasp with resonators until I went with the LS6 intake and removed all the egr stuff and air pump what that had to do with it I don't know but it is gone!!!! I have a Magna Flow cat back on it and it really has IMO a true old school sound.

Dark metallic blue
    2000 WS6 vert!

Quote Originally Posted by kingls1 View Post
    I think the cats help for sure I had some rasp with resonators until I went with the LS6 intake and removed all the egr stuff and air pump what that had to do with it I don't know but it is gone!!!! I have a Magna Flow cat back on it and it really has IMO a true old school sound.
    Cool!

I am planning on EGR/AIR removal! The LM is on the car now! I've been doing a lot of reading on exhaust lately! American Racing headers with catted-Y is on the way! Trying to decide between TSP's Rumbler, staying with the LM(I have to "find" a whistle/whine in it), or the Borla adjustable SS cat-back!

I'll have to see what the wallet says! (Burned a bit of cash on my Tacoma lately!)

Bright Red
    2000 Trans Am

Pulled the trigger on a set of Strano springs and Koni STR.T shocks to replace the crapped out old stockers.

2000 Trans Am T56 Swapped - GMPP "HOT" Cam | LS6 Intake | PnP TB | 25% UD Pulley | Founders adjustable LCA/PHB/TA | Norris Catch Can | TSP 1-7/8 SS LT | TSP True Duals with bullets | SLP Lid | UMI Shock tower brace | Torq Thrust M 17x9 275/40 front 17x10.5 315/35 rear - YouTube Videos - My Car Site

Pewter
    2002 WS6 TA

Finally had a chance to get the old girl out and have a drive!!

Must be since October i have been able to manage that, but......
    the darn check engine light came on very shortly into the drive

I have been starting the car up and running it up to temp a few times
    in the period between then and now and it never occurred then, so.... what gives?

I have done absolutely nothing to the car to change anything. Alas, like you guys
    i have zero chance of finding a code reader locally so i have no idea what code or
    codes have reared their head?! There is a tuning place about 40 miles away but that
    will have to wait 'til the better weather.

The car is running fine so i am not unduly worried and i suspect it will be a cat related
    glitch?

Any thoughts, anyone???

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

No way to really know until the code is read.
    -------------------------------------
    Kooks 1 7/8" race headers, Kooks ORY, Borla catback, Nitto 555R, LS6 intake manifold, Shaner S3 ported stock throttle body, SLP lid, smooth bellows, JAAM Ram Air kit, Elite Engineering catch can, LS6 valley cover, EGR and AIR deleted, Frost tune, and Simpson Racing child car seat in the back. 13.2 @ 108MPH

Bright Red
    2000 Trans Am

I keep an Innova 3130 in my car for checking codes. You can find them online all over, I believe I picked mine up from amazon several years ago. There just isn't really any way to tell until you check it, could be any number of things.

Page 232 of 356 FirstFirst ... 3282132182192202212228229230231232233234235236252262272282332 ... LastLast

Thread Information