Page 108 of 355 FirstFirst ... 858687888104105106107108109110111112128138148158208258308 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 7099

candy tangerine
    1998 ws6 6spd

Thanks so much! makes all the work seem worthwhile when I get positive comments,when I got the car it was black. This is the 3rd time I'm painting it orange, I keep on going till I get it right. I'm not a painter so I'm learning as I go. Luckily I have a brother in law that is teaching me.First time I painted it candy tangerine but it turned out burnt orange, second time painted it the same color, came out ok but started to bubble so this time I sanded the car down to the gel coat and the color is PPG Orange glow from their Vibrance collection.
    Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    That color is nuts! Looks really good...what color was the car before you painted it orange?

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyman View Post
    Thanks so much! makes all the work seem worthwhile when I get positive comments,when I got the car it was black. This is the 3rd time I'm painting it orange, I keep on going till I get it right. I'm not a painter so I'm learning as I go. Luckily I have a brother in law that is teaching me.First time I painted it candy tangerine but it turned out burnt orange, second time painted it the same color, came out ok but started to bubble so this time I sanded the car down to the gel coat and the color is PPG Orange glow from their Vibrance collection.
    GMMG painted a car a very similiar color about 5 years ago if I remember correctly, not the exact same but close...I used to own a hugger orange car so i really like the orange colors...hints my name on all the forums just out of curiosity, how big of a pain was it to color swap from black to orange? Did you pull the motor and interior?

candy tangerine
    1998 ws6 6spd

when I did the color swap I had to pull most of the interior out. all the jams match the orange, I left the bay black., but when I put in the ls3 I painted it black again, just in case I want to change colors again someday. Color swaps are always a pain in the ass. A lot more work is involved since you have to paint the jams, t-top area, etc. I even went as far as painting the engine cradle, shocks, sway arms, control arms etc orange as well
    GMMG painted a car a very similiar color about 5 years ago if I remember correctly, not the exact same but close...I used to own a hugger orange car so i really like the orange colors...hints my name on all the forums just out of curiosity, how big of a pain was it to color swap from black to orange? Did you pull the motor and interior?
    Last edited by jonnyman; 05-30-2013 at 11:15 AM.

Black / White

when I did the color swap I had to pull most of the interior out. all the jams match the orange, I left the bay black., but when I put in the ls3 I painted it black again, just in case I want to change colors again someday. Color swaps are always a pain in the ass. A lot more work is involved since you have to paint the jams, t-top area, etc. I even went as far as painting the engine cradle, shocks, sway arms, control arms etc orange as well
    a black engine bay would actually be pretty cool...a lot of older muscle cars from back in the day used to do that. Oldsmobile being one...I know some of the older 442's had the bays different colors than the exterior a lot of times. Different packages were different colors... Personally, I think it looks cool like that...breaks up the paint scheme some.

candy tangerine
    1998 ws6 6spd

honestly its staying black this time because its already summer and I want to drive her!! lol don't want her in a garage right now and honestly I'm a little too burnt out to pull the motor and paint the bay.
    a black engine bay would actually be pretty cool...a lot of older muscle cars from back in the day used to do that. Oldsmobile being one...I know some of the older 442's had the bays different colors than the exterior a lot of times. Different packages were different colors... Personally, I think it looks cool like that...breaks up the paint scheme some.

Black / White

Fixed my exhaust squeak last night. I gave it some love with a hammer and plyers put a fresh coat of paint on the bottom of it since I had it out...its officially the cleanest piece on the bottom of the car now Im guessing the next step is cleaning up the rest of the under carriage..................its gonna be raining all weekend so I might get started on it this weekend in the garage

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

honestly its staying black this time because its already summer and I want to drive her!! lol don't want her in a garage right now and honestly I'm a little too burnt out to pull the motor and paint the bay.
    Looks very awesomely orange !!! Love it 100% .....I agree with theorangeguy the black engine bay is actually a great look it will off set the color of the car and show case the engine itself....Great job John!!

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Put new wiper blades on? lol went with rain x latitudes 26 on the drivers side and 24 on the passenger, works very well

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Ordered BTR .660 Valve spring kit to go with my custom cam that I already ordered.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

candy tangerine
    1998 ws6 6spd

started wet sanding and putting it back together for a few more coats of clear, too damn hot will go back tonight.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Spent two days prepping the car for today's all Pontiac show only to find my windshield all cracked this morning. So there went my day.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Stone chip that went haywire... or someone intentionally damage it?

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Its starts at the bottom of the glass under the cowl and goes up. Not sure if it was just a weak point that cracked finally or if some asshole kid hit the car in my complex. I've had to yell at them before to stop throwing balls near my car.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Either way its needs an entire new windshield going to take in Monday for that. 250 going to this that was going to a new head unit. To the say the least I've been in a foul mood most of the day.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Discovered another broken part -

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

went to the base and cleaned up both oil pans, front/rear covers, windage trays, & bellhousing from the mess the rack & pinon leak made.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    Either way its needs an entire new windshield going to take in Monday for that. 250 going to this that was going to a new head unit. To the say the least I've been in a foul mood most of the day.
    It could be worse...when I had my Z28 I was detailing my car and popped my hood when I had my wind shield wiper blades up...sent a crack right up the driver side part of the wind shield directly infront of the steering wheel. Went from the bottom of the wind shield to the top I r retard.....

Black / White

started wet sanding and putting it back together for a few more coats of clear, too damn hot will go back tonight.Click for full sizeClick for full sizeClick for full sizeClick for full size
    I didnt notice it until you put the bumper on, but that looks like a raptor hood. Those are meannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

candy tangerine
    1998 ws6 6spd

yup its a raptor hood. I'm going to have to sell the ram air hood. I can us the money, this build is costing me too much!! lol
    I didnt notice it until you put the bumper on, but that looks like a raptor hood. Those are meannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Black / White

yup its a raptor hood. I'm going to have to sell the ram air hood. I can us the money, this build is costing me too much!! lol
    How much...? you are pretty far from me tho...I've been looking for one. found an Fbody junk yard in alabama about 2 hours from where I live and im on the list for one if they get one...

Page 108 of 355 FirstFirst ... 858687888104105106107108109110111112128138148158208258308 ... LastLast

Thread Information