Page 264 of 356 FirstFirst ... 1464114164214224234244260261262263264265266267268284294304314 ... LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,280 of 7102

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

Quote Originally Posted by kingls1 View Post
    Got my tourqe relocation brace mounted and scored access to a lift at my good friends garage, after working on a lift I think I'm going to become BEST FRIENDS with him hahahahaha.
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Love this viewClick for full size
    Super jealous of the lift. Makes wrenching on cars soooooo much easier.
    1998 Pontiac TA, stock heads, FAST 90, FAST 90 TB, FLP LT, off road y-pipe with cat delete, flow master muffler, comp cams 54-457-11 223/231-610/617-112 LSA, Pro charger D1SC with FMIC @ 8psi, FROST tune, VIG 3200 stall, built 4l60e, snow meth kit, MOSER 12 bolt 373 gears, Derale 13900 trans cooler.

Black
    2001 Trans Am Ram Air

I got a QuickJack last year, and although it only lifts about 18 inches, I've been able to do almost every job I've needed to with it! And I only have a normal size 1 car garage (11 x 22 ft, 8 ft ceiling).

Blue Green Chameleon
    2001 Trans Am Vert

Found a couple 12200411 so I can pick one up and get a tune finally. Will keep stock---stock and get the spare sent to Frost for a working over. Should be a nice addition to whats been done lately
    2001 Trans Am Vert

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I washed my engine bay on Monday using Adams Polishes APC, light pressure washer nossle, my Adams wheel scrubbing brush, and leaf blower for trying/dissipating water pools. Then later on I came back after it was fully dry and hit all the rubbers and plastics with Adams VRT to get everything looking rich, fresh, and revived.

After washing/drying, before VRT.

After dressing with VRT.

I am loving the results. Nice matte finish with a light sheen. Once the EGR is removed along with the airpump setup, much less to clean under there.
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, QTP Longtube headers ORY, LS6 intake, EGR/A.I.R delete.
    Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays
    YouTube.com/DarrenWS6

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Your airlid is rubbing on the hood. I would apply a small piece of foam on the hood side to stop the rubbing.

Other than that she looks very crisp and clean.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Your airlid is rubbing on the hood. I would apply a small piece of foam on the hood side to stop the rubbing.

Other than that she looks very crisp and clean.
    I was under the impression every SLP lid did that. Guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to get something soft in between.

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

I all ways wanted to wash my engine, but I'm scared to death getting something wet I shouldn't.

Could anybody post a link on "How to wash a LS1 engine"?

By-the-way Darren your engine bay looks great even with the scuffs on the airlid.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Really it's just spray it lightly. Mask off any electrical stuff your worried about mainly the connections. I usually just use a all purpose cleaner or a degreaser depending on how dirty it is. Don't let it sit for too long because several of them can stain or eat metal/paint depending on what's in it. Use a cloth or brush to scrub it all down. Then spray it down lightly again to wash it off and dry. As long as you don't go nuts spraying it down with water you should be fine.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

Quote Originally Posted by RONS98TA View Post
    Super jealous of the lift. Makes wrenching on cars soooooo much easier.
    Unfortunately I get to do it all over again because UMI's factory setting isn't the correct setting as my pinion angle is off causing some problems!!!! So hopefully this weekend I can steal away some time from the home construction I'm into to get it redone and maybe drive it a little.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMacGuy View Post
    I got a QuickJack last year, and although it only lifts about 18 inches, I've been able to do almost every job I've needed to with it! And I only have a normal size 1 car garage (11 x 22 ft, 8 ft ceiling).
    That only holds 3,500 lbs or do you have something different? My car came in at 3,560 at the last track outing with very little fuel and everything emptied out of the car....

Quote Originally Posted by 024mula View Post
    I all ways wanted to wash my engine, but I'm scared to death getting something wet I shouldn't.

Could anybody post a link on "How to wash a LS1 engine"?

By-the-way Darren your engine bay looks great even with the scuffs on the airlid.
    Shouldn't have to worry to much about taping things up just don't go crazy around the electronic's one area to watch is under the intake as water WILL fill up your knock sensors and could cause problems down the road..I spray all my daily drivers down with a trusted degreaser and power wash them at least twice a year, get my air hose or leaf blower and dry it the best I can and then start it and let it run a bit...
    99 Trans Am, SLP Lid, Blackwing filter, smooth bellow, Ported TB, LS6 intake, Ws6 lower ram air box, OBX LT's, Magna Flow cat back, LS7 clutch, Tick MC, Hurst Shifter, Frost Tune, UMI SFC,LAC, STB, PB, Torq Arm, Super Hawk hood, Torq Thrust II, Kee Audio.
    Strange S60 4:10's, D&S Rotors, S/S Brake Lines.
    Nitto NT05R Track Tire's, 12.7 @ 108 / 1.82 60'
    Wish list.
    Coil overs, Heads & Cam

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

This is a video I found on cleaning a engine.....................

There is NO WAY I'm going to do that to my engine, even if he does get that engine started every light on the dash will be on. won't it?
    2002 Firebird Formula - 5.7 Liter - "Last of the Breed"

Blue/green
    1998 firebird

Dropped it off at the mechanic so the new engine can be put in. Also bought some new rims.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

There is NO WAY I'm going to do that to my engine, even if he does get that engine started every light on the dash will be on. won't it?
    Wow, that Z28 was a case of all show, and no go! Oversized (heavy) wheels, billet grille, and aftermarket headlamps, and not even at least a decent air lid in sight.
    SLP Air Lid/Smooth Bellows
    L76 6.0L block, PRC Ported 243 heads, Texas Speed 224R cam.
    Kooks Emissions LT Headers/Catted Y pipe
    NGK TR55 plugs
    Magnaflow Cat-back
    Spohn Front Upper Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Lower Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Sway Bar
    UMI Rear Lower Control Arms/ Adjustable Panhard Rod
    UMI Welded-on Two Piece Subframe Connectors
    Factory C5 Z06 17x9.5 wheels w/ 285-40-17 Continental Extreme Contact Sports all the way around.
    Dyno Dynamics dynoed @:
    415 rwhp

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Got the WS6 detailed today, including clay barred. Hopefully, the weather is good enough to take some pix, and I will figure out how to (succesfully) link the pix up here, been hit or miss for me.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

No they wont. Hes using a low pressure nozzle to begin with and probably a lower pressure power washer. Professional detailers use pressure washers all the time on the exterior and engine bays. The engine should have been off for a while and cool. Really the only thing you have to worry about is the alternator and with ours being low on the engine its not a huge concern since it wont likely be hit by a direct spray. You can cover the battery connections and I cover some of the engines connections just out of precaution with the rubber being 14 years old. Aluminum foil or a plastic bag work great. In all likeliness i don't really need to do this. Notice he doesn't keep it on one spot he keeps it moving at all times. Now thats a quick and easy way to do it. Time is money for him. If your engine is pretty clean then simply spray it down with your degreaser or all purpose cleaner of choice. Scrub it with a soft brush and hose off. It really is that simple.

This is one done more by hand but notice the hose he uses is still pretty high pressure.

Black
    2001 WS6 Trans Am

It wasn't "today", but this past Friday I fired up my car for the first time in about 8 months. She had a broken ring in cylinder 7. Over the course of the last month I pulled the motor and had it gone through. Then I put in a 228R cam kit from TSP that included cam, springs, oil pump and all associated gaskets. I also deleted the air system and upgraded to the LS6 valley cover, added a set of long tube headers and ory along with a yank 3600SS stall. Still need to get it properly tuned as I just got a mail order tune from TSP along with the cam kit I bought. Still runs amazing though.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I just pressure washed my engine the same way the guy did in the video. I pre-soaked, sprayed my APC, scrubbed with my soft brissle wheel brush, and rinsed. I blew the engine dry with my leaf blower, and later that day I dressed the plastics in my trim detailer. No harm done, just think and be careful, no worries.

96k miles on this LS.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Looks great, Darren! Heard you had a "traction issue" in the bank parking lot last night.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Looks great, Darren! Heard you had a "traction issue" in the bank parking lot last night.
    Lol! Well some guy in something I don't even know what it was, came in hot and left a few degrees warmer and more sideways. Then this guy with a C6 Corvette left sideways to the stop sign. I said to Ed I should show them how to really do it, he chuckled and implied I wouldn't. So upon my leaving I reved a couple times until Ed looked over and did a 2500rpm clutch drop. Looked in the rear view and saw a haze. Called myself an idiot due to the pinion angle, but I guess that's more motivation to upgrade the rear right?

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I gave UMI $700 some bucks and they shipped me some items

Adjustable full length torque arm, relocation bracket, poly bushings, Energy Suspension prothane engine/trans mounts, MSD coil pack wires, NGK TR-55 plugs. I think all I need left for the longtube header job is some clamps, an intermediate pipe, Bosch 13111 O2 wires, sleeves for the MSD wires, and some HPTuners file tuning.

Dark metallic blue
    2000 WS6 vert!

New tires! 275/70/17 BFG Sport Comp 2!

Page 264 of 356 FirstFirst ... 1464114164214224234244260261262263264265266267268284294304314 ... LastLast

Thread Information