Page 246 of 356 FirstFirst ... 4696146196206216226242243244245246247248249250266276286296346 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,920 of 7102

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by Decadence75 View Post
    I had always thought my 2000 had a 16gal too. When my fuel light comes on and I fill up, it's never more than 12 gals put in. I know there is a reserve but I wouldn't think that it would be 4 gallons.
    What I always get a laugh out of my fuel gage(s) is that if I fill up (to where the gas station pump cuts off), I usually have about 70-90 miles of fuel use before the gage starts to drop to full, and then show the level of the fuel. Did it on my '89 (albeit less range) and on both of the fuel gages I've had on the '02.

This week, I went 120 miles before the gage started to go down (all highway, no traffic).
    SLP Air Lid/Smooth Bellows
    L76 6.0L block, PRC Ported 243 heads, Texas Speed 224R cam.
    Kooks Emissions LT Headers/Catted Y pipe
    NGK TR55 plugs
    Magnaflow Cat-back
    Spohn Front Upper Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Lower Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Sway Bar
    UMI Rear Lower Control Arms/ Adjustable Panhard Rod
    UMI Welded-on Two Piece Subframe Connectors
    Factory C5 Z06 17x9.5 wheels w/ 285-40-17 Continental Extreme Contact Sports all the way around.
    Dyno Dynamics dynoed @:
    415 rwhp

Bright Red
    2000 Trans Am

If all highway, I might get 30 before it drops down to the full mark. More like 16 in the city, hehe.

2000 Trans Am T56 Swapped - GMPP "HOT" Cam | LS6 Intake | PnP TB | 25% UD Pulley | Founders adjustable LCA/PHB/TA | Norris Catch Can | TSP 1-7/8 SS LT | TSP True Duals with bullets | SLP Lid | UMI Shock tower brace | Torq Thrust M 17x9 275/40 front 17x10.5 315/35 rear - YouTube Videos - My Car Site

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

If all highway, I might get 30 before it drops down to the full mark. More like 16 in the city, hehe.
    Thats intersting, when I fill it up, just above empty, I am still only putting in 13.5-ish gallons in it.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Think he's talking about miles he drives after a fill up before the needle goes down to the F.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Blog Entries
    I want to make the delay LONGER for when I open car door with old-fashioned metal key (pre-Smartphones, Katey Perry and Beyoncé ! ) but my '99 ws6 manual says I can only max. it to 8 seconds (factory default) before turning key in ignition. It never FEELS like 8 seconds to me ! :-) Any tricks here? I'm not in mood to pull battery cable anyway... :-)

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

This was waiting in a truck from me when I got home today.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Where are they out of?

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Where are they out of?
    VA

Dark metallic blue
    2000 WS6 vert!

What ass-pain!

Rebuilding the motor mount wasn't so bad! (Except for the metal splinter in my stomach! Found it today...was wondering where I got that mosquito bite!8-0)

Getting it back in is bringing the suck! Removed alternator! Took out the splash shield and little support bar first! Exciter wire an main wire next...no problem! Alt. brackets and wire holder, again, no problem! Getting the alt. was a tumbling act, but still, no major issue!

Now the fun begins...I had to take apart the mount and wizzy-watz the pedestal in first, then fiddle-fuddle the mount! Minor frustration, but still under control!

Starting the two front bolts kinda went nice, but my neck and wrists were starting to ache from all contortionism! (C6-7 disc replacement! The nerves to my left hand were damaged when the disc herniated!) the rear 2 bolts created frustration! I ended up grinding flats into the trapped washers to clear the poly in the mount! Finally got all bolts started. Every one was a struggle at that point!

Gave it up for the evening! Had enough sliding around on the concrete!

Now questioning my decision to not have a lift in my garage!

In spite of the frustration, and dwindling mental stability,I'm loving working on my own "toys"...on concrete...in a heated garage!

I am Blessed!

My joyous nightmare !

How is one expected to fit an adult hand, let alone an arm, through that mess?

Oh the joys! Can't wait to do it again!:-)

Bright Red
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by udy2554 View Post
    What ass-pain!

Rebuilding the motor mount wasn't so bad! (Except for the metal splinter in my stomach! Found it today...was wondering where I got that mosquito bite!8-0)

Getting it back in is bringing the suck! Removed alternator! Took out the splash shield and little support bar first! Exciter wire an main wire next...no problem! Alt. brackets and wire holder, again, no problem! Getting the alt. was a tumbling act, but still, no major issue!

Now the fun begins...I had to take apart the mount and wizzy-watz the pedestal in first, then fiddle-fuddle the mount! Minor frustration, but still under control!

Starting the two front bolts kinda went nice, but my neck and wrists were starting to ache from all contortionism! (C6-7 disc replacement! The nerves to my left hand were damaged when the disc herniated!) the rear 2 bolts created frustration! I ended up grinding flats into the trapped washers to clear the poly in the mount! Finally got all bolts started. Every one was a struggle at that point!

Gave it up for the evening! Had enough sliding around on the concrete!

Now questioning my decision to not have a lift in my garage!

In spite of the frustration, and dwindling mental stability,I'm loving working on my own "toys"...on concrete...in a heated garage!

I am Blessed!

My joyous nightmare !

Click for full size

Click for full size

How is one expected to fit an adult hand, let alone an arm, through that mess?

Click for full size

Oh the joys! Can't wait to do it again!:-)
    That's why I've been putting off actually installing my poly mounts for a few years now, lol. Some say it just easier to use a support bar in the bay and drop the k member.

Bright Red
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Whamhammer View Post
    Thats intersting, when I fill it up, just above empty, I am still only putting in 13.5-ish gallons in it.
    I've driven around 20 or so miles after the light comes on with it sitting on dead empty and still only put in about 12 gal. Wierd.

Think he's talking about miles he drives after a fill up before the needle goes down to the F.
    Roger that.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Bob - I just reprogrammed mine to turn the horn notification off when you arm the system. What you posted sounds right to me. There are maybe four different modes that you can select from. Years ago, I built a time delay into the alarm system on my '90 Eagle Talon. It was a simple project constructed with off the shelf parts from Radio Shack...

John - I feel your pain, brother. Even on my lift I had a bitch of a time reinstalling the motor mounts. Could not get the bolts to line up on the driver side and was very afraid of cross threading one into the aluminum block. An extra set of hands and massive amounts of leverage finally prevailed though.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

I know that he was, I was just noting how weird it was that both of our gages have such a wide variation in he "above full" area (especially mine), yet even with my cars wider range before it hits the full mark, I still have a fair sized reserve when its close to empty.

I am thinking that my sending unit/gage might be for a 15.5 gallon tank.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

That's why I left my engine hooked up to the hoist. I learned real fast to loosen but not take out the bolts on the passenger side and lower the block in tiny bits till you can get the drivers side in first then lift the passenger side pedestal to the engine mount and slid the bolt in. Then lower it slowly to let it align itself then tighten down. Once it was snug then I'd take the chain off.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I've driven around 20 or so miles after the light comes on with it sitting on dead empty and still only put in about 12 gal. Wierd.

Roger that.
    Not a good idea to let the tank get that low. It'll destroy your fuel pump over time.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

^^

Also when I did my pump I notice that the bracket the fuel pump and sock attach to has a variation in the height off the bottom. You can bend it up or down depending on how much room you have. I had to bend mine down a little to get the sock lower

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Took some pics after doing a quick rinse less wash to get some of the pollen off.

Photos with new LED switchbacks in. First is just the DRLs during normal daytime use. Second is with the headlights on when it switches to white and the third pic is with the turn signal on and a little bit of my finger since the sun was bright and couldnt see the screen. Fog lamps will be replaced next. They look terrible next to the DRLs now.

Also finally gave in to the other half and am going to put seat heaters in once the new seat covers come in so got this in the mail this week.
    Last edited by raynor139; 03-30-2016 at 02:07 PM.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

^^ Nicely done!

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

I'am digging the idea of some seat warmers. That's 1 thing that I dont like about my TA. Stupid cold a$$ leather seats. My seats are in such decent shape though, that I just cant justify replacing them yet. (Id rather spend the $$$ on go faster parts) When I do though, I need to get that L lock/cutout/heat warmer switch that raynor139 got. That is AWESOME!
    1998 Pontiac TA, stock heads, FAST 90, FAST 90 TB, FLP LT, off road y-pipe with cat delete, flow master muffler, comp cams 54-457-11 223/231-610/617-112 LSA, Pro charger D1SC with FMIC @ 8psi, FROST tune, VIG 3200 stall, built 4l60e, snow meth kit, MOSER 12 bolt 373 gears, Derale 13900 trans cooler.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Had emblem pro make it for me. I just supplied the switches for the seat warmers. They came in the kit i bought. Gave Roger the specs on the switches and he cut the holes. They snapped in perfectly. Not the first custom item I've had him do. Probably won't be the last.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Page 246 of 356 FirstFirst ... 4696146196206216226242243244245246247248249250266276286296346 ... LastLast

Thread Information