Page 239 of 356 FirstFirst ... 3989139189199209219235236237238239240241242243259269279289339 ... LastLast
Results 4,761 to 4,780 of 7102

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by Decadence75 View Post
    HD are slow as all get out compared to pretty much any sport bike. I'm not saying it can't be done. I have yet to find a car that will spank my bike. Liter plus bikes usually start out running 10s in the quarter stock.
    Yeah, I didnt have too much problem pulling a away from an older HD, back when I had my (mildly massaged) 305 TPI T/A.

The guy, and his buddies were pretty much arse, the blocked both lanes of the highway, at below the speed limit, as to not let anyone past them, and I bolted past (safely, and properly) when I had the chance. Guy and his buddies tried to surround my car to block me in (pretty stupid of them) and he tried to fill the front gap but wasnt fast enough, and that engine was wailing.

Bright Red
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by kingls1 View Post
    Hey like your bike always liked that style, as far as hp numbers it's more like 96 with a great tourqe number. With a mid 11 second quarter mile time isn't to shabby but there are lots and I mean lots of STREET cars that will smoke that number..... CPops N/A car run's there. Have a buddy with a 8 second street driven T/A. I had a fully built Suzuki GSXR 955 that was rated at 150 h.p. And weight was around 450lbs and was a true monster and I thought could take anything until I started hanging around the track and seeing what times some guys were banging out in street cars they drove in to the track. My eyes were opened and my mouth closed. I'd watch before challenging a boosted LS1.....hahahaha
    Thanks! I prefer the naked bike look myself. The ZRX was a throwback to the Eddie Lawson GPZ AMA Superbike. The 96bhp was in stock form. Mine is sporting a Kerker meg full exhaust, air box replaced with individual pod filters for the carbs, ktric tps removed to stop it from retarding the timing, needle and jet kit and a +4 advancer. I still have larger cvk40 carbs I need to rebuild along with a set of ZX11 cams and a ZX11 cdi that needs installing.

Quote Originally Posted by RONS98TA View Post
    Some of the boosted cars out there are just plain silly. I've seen 1000+ hp street cars pull on bikes on the highway, I have also seen some bikes that are just crazy fast. Video's don't lie. I have myself beat a few street bikes, but I have no knowledge of what they had done to their bikes. They may have been stock, or just novice riders. Don't know. I myself have a 1984 Honda VFR1000R . I know my bike and my Procharged TA would be a close race. Never underestimate your opponent.
    Sorry gang, I didn't mean to insinuate that I would pull on anything with 4 wheels. I know there are some crazy boosted cars out there and my bird is slow compared to lot of the others out there. Ridding that thing makes by bird seem like it's slow though, haha. It is definitely a fun ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Whamhammer View Post
    Yeah, I didnt have too much problem pulling a away from an older HD, back when I had my (mildly massaged) 305 TPI T/A.

The guy, and his buddies were pretty much arse, the blocked both lanes of the highway, at below the speed limit, as to not let anyone past them, and I bolted past (safely, and properly) when I had the chance. Guy and his buddies tried to surround my car to block me in (pretty stupid of them) and he tried to fill the front gap but wasnt fast enough, and that engine was wailing.
    I've run into that with HD riders around here as well. Was getting gas one night and a couple squids decked in nothing more than leather vests and jeans yelled across the station that I was a pussy with their girls giggling up a fit on the back of their "hawgz". I guess if you aren't on an overpriced cruiser you must not be a real man, haha. I pulled out a little after them heading in the same direction, caught up to them and after a light change laid into it. I heard them crank it open but all I saw was fading headlights in the mirror.

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

Its bikers like those guys at the at the gas station that make a bad rap for decent people that ride Harley's. I know lots of good people that ride Harley's, as well as some a$$holes. Luckily, it seems that most of them are good with just a few bad apples. I also have seen (mostly younger guys) on crotch rockets that give a bad rap for crouch rockets too. I guess its also true for a bunch of mustang owners. I have even seen a few import owners that were cool. My point is, you really cant knock the product for a few individuals that make it seem like they fit into a category of bad people due to their choice of rides.
    1998 Pontiac TA, stock heads, FAST 90, FAST 90 TB, FLP LT, off road y-pipe with cat delete, flow master muffler, comp cams 54-457-11 223/231-610/617-112 LSA, Pro charger D1SC with FMIC @ 8psi, FROST tune, VIG 3200 stall, built 4l60e, snow meth kit, MOSER 12 bolt 373 gears, Derale 13900 trans cooler.

Bright Red
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by RONS98TA View Post
    Its bikers like those guys at the at the gas station that make a bad rap for decent people that ride Harley's. I know lots of good people that ride Harley's, as well as some a$$holes. Luckily, it seems that most of them are good with just a few bad apples. I also have seen (mostly younger guys) on crotch rockets that give a bad rap for crouch rockets too. I guess its also true for a bunch of mustang owners. I have even seen a few import owners that were cool. My point is, you really cant knock the product for a few individuals that make it seem like they fit into a category of bad people due to their choice of rides.
    That is true, there are bad apples in every group. I meet up with a group of riders at the reservoir here and we all get along just fine. We have Harley, BMW, Honda, Indian and Kawasaki. I am the only one with a sport bike but one guy has Kawi KLR dual sport. I was raised around HD bikes, my dad had a 71 sportster when I was young and they were my first introduction to motorcycles, so I don't immediately think someone who rides them are bad. Hell, alot of the HD riders are older guys who retired and was just finally able to afford what he couldn't before. The main reason that I knock on HD isn't some of it's riders, but in my opinion, the fact that he quality of the bikes have dropped while the price steadily increases. I've been thinking of adding a cruiser as a stable mate for the ZRX but I will be looking at something more like a VTX or maybe a VMAX.

2000 Trans Am T56 Swapped - GMPP "HOT" Cam | LS6 Intake | PnP TB | 25% UD Pulley | Founders adjustable LCA/PHB/TA | Norris Catch Can | TSP 1-7/8 SS LT | TSP True Duals with bullets | SLP Lid | UMI Shock tower brace | Torq Thrust M 17x9 275/40 front 17x10.5 315/35 rear - YouTube Videos - My Car Site

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

As much as I like bikes and bike talk it's not the context of this thread. Can you guys take it to another thread or pms, please.

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

I walked into the garage today and seen my TRANS AM sitting there and I thought to myself boy I sure would like to have another bike. I uncovered my TRANS AM and thought how much I liked my VTX 1800 it was a Awsome bike. Then I put the cover back on my TRANS AM and went home to maybe read some cool bike stories but couldn't find any!!!!! so I began to work on customizing my new coil covers.
    99 Trans Am, SLP Lid, Blackwing filter, smooth bellow, Ported TB, LS6 intake, Ws6 lower ram air box, OBX LT's, Magna Flow cat back, LS7 clutch, Tick MC, Hurst Shifter, Frost Tune, UMI SFC,LAC, STB, PB, Torq Arm, Super Hawk hood, Torq Thrust II, Kee Audio.
    Strange S60 4:10's, D&S Rotors, S/S Brake Lines.
    Nitto NT05R Track Tire's, 12.7 @ 108 / 1.82 60'
    Wish list.
    Coil overs, Heads & Cam

Blog Entries

TransAm 30th alloy wheel road rash.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160229_124649_734.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	26555Here's the dings. NOT on blue part, lucky!
    Last edited by BobbyGFirebird; 03-09-2016 at 03:11 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gents, I luv my 2 bikes: modern HD Fatboy and a Yamaha Stratoliner. Both A+ in their own way!

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Put new sun visors in today. Old ones were all warped and faded and the cardboard inside had failed/broken in several spots. Used to ride with the t-tops out all the time and got them wet more then should have leaving the car outside over night with tops out and getting caught in the rain when i was younger and dumber about taking care.
    Last edited by raynor139; 03-09-2016 at 04:13 PM.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    Put new sun visors in today. Old ones were all warped and faded and the cardboard inside had failed/broken in several spots. Used to ride with the t-tops out all the time and got them wet more then should have leaving the car outside over night with tops out and getting caught in the rain when i was younger and dumber about taking care.
    I'm ordering the block-off plates and removing my visors overall for that reason. I don't want them anyway, I just wish they weren't $30.
    Camaro Firebird Aluminum Sun Visor Delete Plates F Body Trans Am LS1 Sunvisor | eBay
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, QTP Longtube headers ORY, LS6 intake, EGR/A.I.R delete.
    Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays
    YouTube.com/DarrenWS6

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyGFirebird View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160229_124649_734.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	26555Here's the dings. NOT on blue part, lucky!
    I'll post in your dedicated thread.

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

where did you get them and cost, were they complete such as bracket and such?

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenWS6 View Post
    I'm ordering the block-off plates and removing my visors overall for that reason. I don't want them anyway, I just wish they weren't $30.
    Camaro Firebird Aluminum Sun Visor Delete Plates F Body Trans Am LS1 Sunvisor | eBay
    How is your passenger side visor? Mine is missing completely and would like to replace....I could help you with the purchase of plates if it's usable!

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenWS6 View Post
    Considered doing that at first but I suffer from light sensitivity issues. Tried driving the car without them just using my sunglasses but it was still too much.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by kingls1 View Post
    where did you get them and cost, were they complete such as bracket and such?
    They aren't cheap with shipping I was around $150. That's with a mirror added to the passenger side. Only thing I didn't like is that I couldn't find any with a mirror on both driverside and passenger as an option. Wanted it just to keep them closer to stock appearance. Every spot I found only offered passenger which makes me think they all source from the same vendor. I got mine through firebird central. But a few other sites like hawks third gen offer them also.

As for the brackets they pull out of your stock ones and pop into the new ones. You can buy new ones if you need them too. Can't remember price off the top of my head.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Of course after I install the ones I got I find some with more mirror options through stockinteriors but they cost 300 by time you make them look like your stock ones. Think I'm good with the ones I got. GF is the only who uses the mirror anyways.

Blog Entries

Trans Am 30th Ed. ws6 Hurst 6speed T-top. 40kmiles.

drove her hard.... 5,500 rpm. taped up them seat airhoses so they'll never pop off again. Air adjustable racing lateral support !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20151104_205352_019.jpg  

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Just got a new flexplate since with my new engine I was worried it might break.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Blog Entries
    Bonus query: where do the UMI 3-bolt sub-frame connectors bolt into, and how much think a local mechanic would charge to bolt in (NOT weld)? Any risk of messing up the install, common errors?

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Umi performance sells them it's not that hard to do but IDK how much a mechanic would charge.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyGFirebird View Post
    Bonus query: where do the UMI 3-bolt sub-frame connectors bolt into, and how much think a local mechanic would charge to bolt in (NOT weld)? Any risk of messing up the install, common errors?
    You can't mess them up if you can read. It's so simple. They bold up using the holes in the body near the front, the inner brace bolts directly to the tunnel brace location and the rear slides over the same holes as the LCA's bolt to the frame. As far as setting the vehicle up while under it's own weight (if no drive on lift) is to sit the rear axle on jack stands and then raise the front to the same level.

Page 239 of 356 FirstFirst ... 3989139189199209219235236237238239240241242243259269279289339 ... LastLast

Thread Information