Page 234 of 356 FirstFirst ... 3484134184194204214230231232233234235236237238254264274284334 ... LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,680 of 7102

Bright Red
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I have done that several times. Works great and eliminates any chances for a shammy, towel, or whatever else you'd use to scratch the paint.
    Guess I'm not that hardcore about mine, hehe. Maybe if I ever repaint it with a good place I might rethink it.

2000 Trans Am T56 Swapped - GMPP "HOT" Cam | LS6 Intake | PnP TB | 25% UD Pulley | Founders adjustable LCA/PHB/TA | Norris Catch Can | TSP 1-7/8 SS LT | TSP True Duals with bullets | SLP Lid | UMI Shock tower brace | Torq Thrust M 17x9 275/40 front 17x10.5 315/35 rear - YouTube Videos - My Car Site

Pewter
    2002 WS6 TA

Quote Originally Posted by Whamhammer View Post
    But I actually want to have readings from my rear O2's. It's not like their total operation was borked, it just took longer for the O2's to heat up.
    Interesting..... I know this may be a bit of a blanket statement but isn't it "what most people do"
    when they do a tune after some mods?? Just delete them from the tune?

That is to say, "all" that the rear O2's do is tell the car that the cats are working?! and that the front ones
    are the essential ones for the correct running of the car?

Bright Red
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by speedyWS6 View Post
    Interesting..... I know this may be a bit of a blanket statement but isn't it "what most people do"

That is to say, "all" that the rear O2's do is tell the car that the cats are working?! and that the front ones

Correct, the front O2s are responsible for A/F ratio while the rears check O2 levels post cat. No cats, no reason for rear sensors.

black
    02 TransAm Ramair WS6

Speaking of no cats.... when I my headers and duals installed, I eliminated my cats and had them tuned out ( along with the AIR system too). I love the sound and what feels like a few HP's too BUT the smell of the exhaust is very pungent w/o them. And not even the 'good' smell that you get with the older cars. Has anyone else noticed that with their cats eliminated?? ....not bad enough the reinstall them ,, just sayin' !
    '02 Black RamAir M6--Kooks LTH, Magnaflo, Lowered Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks, Tuned By Frost, K&N & SLP box, Smooth bellows, polished TB, Spohn perf. suspension, shock tower brace. UMI 3point SFC. Front & side splitters w/ canards. American Racing 18" wheels & Mich. Pilot SS titres
    '76 LagunaS3 - 355ci , 350 turbo, 3:55's

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

If I sit at a light too long with windows down it can get rough but otherwise I don't notice the smell too often. But that could be me just being used to it.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

Yes, I smell the smell of cats being deleted. I believe it's the carbon burning. It isn't pleasant, but I love the fact that it's 2 less sensors I no longer worry about going bad and setting an SES light. Also the added sound and power of less restriction is a plus.
    1998 Pontiac TA, stock heads, FAST 90, FAST 90 TB, FLP LT, off road y-pipe with cat delete, flow master muffler, comp cams 54-457-11 223/231-610/617-112 LSA, Pro charger D1SC with FMIC @ 8psi, FROST tune, VIG 3200 stall, built 4l60e, snow meth kit, MOSER 12 bolt 373 gears, Derale 13900 trans cooler.

Blog Entries
    I'm now a CONTRIBUTOR, and I bought some LS! bling too ! Very appreciative to you guys and gals for the last 6 months advice.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

You should take a ride out to Carlisle in June and join us at the GM Nationals. Always a good time!

black
    02 TransAm Ramair WS6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    You should take a ride out to Carlisle in June and join us at the GM Nationals. Always a good time!
    Jeff, when is that exactly in June. I SO wanted to go last year but Sat. was a complete rain-fest washout. Hopefully my schedule will allow it.

Blog Entries
    so, my almost last "UNKNOWN" thing on the "new used '99 TransAm. Does anybody know if there is SUPPOSED to be a little black wire with a connector or fuse (???) coming off the back-right side of driver seat and going into the floor right near the seat support? It has sort of an after-market look, and I can't believe GM would have placed it so vulnerable to rear passenger's feet? Is it simply the wire for seat-pressure-sensor?

p.s. do any of you guys carry a spare GM PassKey2 key if one fails? Other words, do these keys lose their resistance, or they only go bad if the chip loosens, or falls out? Can I get a new key made at AutoZone ? I just don't want to get stranded outside Sturgis at 2a.m. ! :-)

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

The only key you could get form parts stores are the door keys, for the ignition you'll have to get them clone at the dealership. Cost me $25 when I needed a spare. Just make sure you take your registration in with the VIN #.

Option 2 - VATS delete.

I know there are some wires that work the seat controls. Without a pic it's hard to say.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I look forward to driving mine this spring when the good weather returns. Otherwise, this talk of catless Y pipes has me anxious to get my LTs and OR/Y in.
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, QTP Longtube headers ORY, LS6 intake, EGR/A.I.R delete.
    Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays
    YouTube.com/DarrenWS6

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by speedyWS6 View Post

Most people do but I invested in a catted y-pipe, I would like to know when they aren't working, especially when they may be clogged up. I look at it as an added bit of insurance.

My '89 T/A engine went down when that cat' clogged and overheated the engine and the head gasket went.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyGFirebird View Post
    so, my almost last "UNKNOWN" thing on the "new used '99 TransAm. Does anybody know if there is SUPPOSED to be a little black wire with a connector or fuse (???) coming off the back-right side of driver seat and going into the floor right near the seat support? It has sort of an after-market look, and I can't believe GM would have placed it so vulnerable to rear passenger's feet? Is it simply the wire for seat-pressure-sensor?

p.s. do any of you guys carry a spare GM PassKey2 key if one fails? Other words, do these keys lose their resistance, or they only go bad if the chip loosens, or falls out? Can I get a new key made at AutoZone ? I just don't want to get stranded outside Sturgis at 2a.m. ! :-)
    I have never heard of a key losing its resistance. What I do know is that sometimes the wire for the ignotion cylinder that measures the signal from the resistor can eventually get severed with enough use/play from the tilt-wheel.
    SLP Air Lid/Smooth Bellows
    L76 6.0L block, PRC Ported 243 heads, Texas Speed 224R cam.
    Kooks Emissions LT Headers/Catted Y pipe
    NGK TR55 plugs
    Magnaflow Cat-back
    Spohn Front Upper Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Lower Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Sway Bar
    UMI Rear Lower Control Arms/ Adjustable Panhard Rod
    UMI Welded-on Two Piece Subframe Connectors
    Factory C5 Z06 17x9.5 wheels w/ 285-40-17 Continental Extreme Contact Sports all the way around.
    Dyno Dynamics dynoed @:
    415 rwhp

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by udy2554 View Post
    I ordered some TSP LTs and carted Y-pipe! Considering the Rumbler cat-back vs my LM! Hmmm!

Any thoughts or recommendations?
    I totally love my GMMG. What a beast system.

After LTs and OR/Y I am hoping for this tone/output.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I have never heard of a key losing its resistance. What I do know is that sometimes the wire for the ignotion cylinder that measures the signal from the resistor can eventually get severed with enough use/play from the tilt-wheel.

Had that happen to my 96FB. Had to fix it 2x
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Yep. 99.99% of the time the ignition cylinder wires break. Sometimes, but rarely, the key is at fault.
    Always good to have a spare though.
    -------------------------------------
    Kooks 1 7/8" race headers, Kooks ORY, Borla catback, Nitto 555R, LS6 intake manifold, Shaner S3 ported stock throttle body, SLP lid, smooth bellows, JAAM Ram Air kit, Elite Engineering catch can, LS6 valley cover, EGR and AIR deleted, Frost tune, and Simpson Racing child car seat in the back. 13.2 @ 108MPH

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmTerry View Post
    Jeff, when is that exactly in June. I SO wanted to go last year but Sat. was a complete rain-fest washout. Hopefully my schedule will allow it.

Here is the link to the show: Carlisle GM Nationals - Collector Car Show and Swap Meet, Everything GM, Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, Cadillac, Oldsmobile

We also have a thread up on here somewhere that covers all the chatter about our plans and past glory.

I made up a resistor pack for our car and simply keep it in the car ready to go if our system ever craps out:

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

I think the tiny black wire goes to the seat belt. Its suppose to turn the light off when the seat belt is engaged. Just my guess, but I really cant think what else a tiny thin gauged wire could go to.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

^^ Good a guess as any. I can check the books for our '02 if it isn't this.

Page 234 of 356 FirstFirst ... 3484134184194204214230231232233234235236237238254264274284334 ... LastLast

Thread Information