Page 214 of 356 FirstFirst ... 1464114164174184194210211212213214215216217218234244254264314 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,280 of 7102

Bright Red
    99 Firehawk #157 Roadster

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenWS6 View Post
    I want to lower mine, bu only a hair. Not a full 1.5" or anything crazy. The idea of getting it onto a trailer with ease sounds nice. Not that I have a trailer but someday would be nice. The Strano springs sound like my winner, good firmness and still comfy, not a drastic drop.
    The only issue with getting on a trailer is the length of the ramps, if you have 6' ramps should be no issue, 5' ramps you may need to drop some 2x6" pcs in front of the ramps or raise the tongue of the trailer, its all relative to the angle of which your trying to go up, if that makes sense? YMMV

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

I just love how timeless these cars still are. Even with being 10-15+ years old, they still look awesome IMO.

Dark metallic blue
    2000 WS6 vert!

Sweet ride Darren! Silver is such a nice color, especially with the dark accenting!
    Long ago...

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 99'CajunFirehawk157 View Post
    The only issue with getting on a trailer is the length of the ramps, if you have 6' ramps should be no issue, 5' ramps you may need to drop some 2x6" pcs in front of the ramps or raise the tongue of the trailer, its all relative to the angle of which your trying to go up, if that makes sense? YMMV
    Definitely get what your saying. I have helped Jeff a couple times loading up, it goes smooth, but being the one that sees how close it can fit in his trailer makes it pretty extreme feeling seeing the angles! I love these cars so much I couldn't stand to see anything happen.

Quote Originally Posted by udy2554 View Post
    Sweet ride Darren! Silver is such a nice color, especially with the dark accenting!
    Thank you, very much appreciated! As much as I really wanted red, I do not regret silver at all. I am anxiously planning some more black accenting, the front bird plate overlays, and Trans Am door badge overlays. Also waiting for a silver center light panel overlay since the original red had faded/been removed. That will be it for aesthetics probably. I want it to remain as original looking as possible because I feel that is how these cars look best. I can't wait!
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, QTP Longtube headers ORY, LS6 intake, EGR/A.I.R delete.
    Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays
    YouTube.com/DarrenWS6

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Where did you find the pump thingy for the gear oil?
    I got this a few years back
    Multi-Use Transfer Pump
    It works really well, I cut one hose short maybe a foot long used a step bit to drill the exact size hole just slightly smaller in the cap on the oil jug, feed the hose in until it bottoms, cut the other hose so I can reach the tranny or rear and then just pump away. Works really well it will actually crush the oil container as it sucks almost every drop out. If you use the same oil just leave the cap on the tube and just screw it on the next jug when your ready. Simple and cheap and works really well for me.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by kingls1 View Post
    I got this a few years back
    Multi-Use Transfer Pump
    It works really well, I cut one hose short maybe a foot long used a step bit to drill the exact size hole just slightly smaller in the cap on the oil jug, feed the hose in until it bottoms, cut the other hose so I can reach the tranny or rear and then just pump away. Works really well it will actually crush the oil container as it sucks almost every drop out. If you use the same oil just leave the cap on the tube and just screw it on the next jug when your ready. Simple and cheap and works really well for me.
    I had one like that before. Bought it at Walmart. It worked good for oils and fluids. I used it last to drain 9 gallons of fuel from my DD's fuel tank when I changed the fuel pump, and the last gallon it quit working on me. Not sure if fuel damaged it or not, but I tossed it since it was $8.00 and figured if I need it again i'll go buy another.

Navy Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 Conv

Find a good coupon and stop by Harbor Freight, they have the pumps you are looking for...Search results for: 'oil transfer pump'

Bright Red
    99 Firehawk #157 Roadster

Quote Originally Posted by sjgreen6 View Post
    Find a good coupon and stop by Harbor Freight, they have the pumps you are looking for...Search results for: 'oil transfer pump'
    I do buy stuff from harbor freight but I just returned a spring compressor I bought to lower my car, just too cheap...pins were falling apart before I could use it. But that pump should be fine.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

HF is a hit or miss for me.

Anything solar or battery = miss or massive fail.
    Floor Jack = Still going strong on 7 yrs now. Funny thing is it's the only one that is low enough to get under my car and raise it 29" in lift. All the others stop around 24-28".

Hand tools = 50/50
    Air tools = only had one go bad so far.
    Air compressors = I have a small one that's been fixed a couple of times but to my amazement still working. Not strong enough to do impact wrenches but works excellent for my nail guns.
    Sockets & wrenches = Only if I need something right now and don't care if it last past the job I need it for. Most of my stuff is Craftsman but with Sears closing stores I may start buying another brand.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

What did you do with your Trans Am today?

So an update on my build. Tick Performance just got my engine back from the machine shop so my engine should be ready for me to go get soon! So stoked! I'll finally go get my TA from VA when my engine is ready too and then hopefully it won't be long before my TA is road ready again. My neighbors are going to hate life at 5 am in the morning hearing the startup of 421 cubic inches of LS power with Kooks TDs, big ass thumping cam and massive Trick Flow heads!
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Turned 90,000 miles on Saturday, and took it for a ride today and went to the gym with it. Love driving it.

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    HF is a hit or miss for me.

Anything solar or battery = miss or massive fail.
    Floor Jack = Still going strong on 7 yrs now. Funny thing is it's the only one that is low enough to get under my car and raise it 29" in lift. All the others stop around 24-28".

Hand tools = 50/50
    Air tools = only had one go bad so far.
    Air compressors = I have a small one that's been fixed a couple of times but to my amazement still working. Not strong enough to do impact wrenches but works excellent for my nail guns.
    Sockets & wrenches = Only if I need something right now and don't care if it last past the job I need it for. Most of my stuff is Craftsman but with Sears closing stores I may start buying another brand.
    I have the same dilema. I decided to buy Craftsman since at the time there was a store in a town west of there, then relocated to my town, and then closed. Without the budget for Snap On, or Matco, I like Kobalt tools from Lowes very much. Far more than my remaining Craftsman pieces.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I have been wrenching with Craftsman for almost 35 years. The newer stuff is definitely not as sturdy as their vintage ware.

Navy Blue Metallic

I got my son a set of their multi-use sockets/wrenches. The set that pretty much covers every style of bolt head except torx heads. They are kinda black in color and seem to be stronger then some of mine.

So....dropped my transmission last night...Kinda proud it only took an hour (No lift, on jack stands, in hm garage, no trans jack, even had to take the center console apart too for the shifter), new personal best. This is getting old....

Get it out from under the car and I notice my input shaft has a lot of free play....like 1/2" to full inch side to side, like I can make it wobble. It wasn't like that when it went in.....

Gotta feeling this is going to be more expensive then I thought.....

Silver

Was home yesterday from work so I needed to update my project build book I have (Stacy David's Show Gears) and I started going through all the slips I've racked up since buying the car 4 summers ago, and hit a # of $10,437.32 in bolt on parts. That don't include tools and fluids I've purchased. Now I know for some of you that's not a lot but for me it's a chunk of change.
    I have everything documented in my build book and every slip from goods purchased.
    More to come I hope...lol
    99 Trans Am, SLP Lid, Blackwing filter, smooth bellow, Ported TB, LS6 intake, Ws6 lower ram air box, OBX LT's, Magna Flow cat back, LS7 clutch, Tick MC, Hurst Shifter, Frost Tune, UMI SFC,LAC, STB, PB, Torq Arm, Super Hawk hood, Torq Thrust II, Kee Audio.
    Strange S60 4:10's, D&S Rotors, S/S Brake Lines.
    Nitto NT05R Track Tire's, 12.7 @ 108 / 1.82 60'
    Wish list.
    Coil overs, Heads & Cam

Navy Blue Metallic

I have a folder that has most of them in. I don't look at it because if I did I might just stop.....

I look at it this way, it's going to go somewhere, this make me happy...

Also if the wife found out..... her reaction then with a
    Last edited by SMWS6TA; 07-28-2015 at 01:15 PM.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

My wife knows roughly what I have into mine and she doesn't care lol she thinks I am insane but she doesn't care that I have over $20k in it not including the car price.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

A couple of years back I figured out that I had officially spent more on upgrades than I did to buy the car. It's all good.

Silver

I really enjoy taking a already strong platform and making better and better and better..I'm just glad I didn't buy the second gen I almost got. I could only imagine the money needed to make one of them run and drive like my TA does!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

You'll have to go for a ride in our 2nd gen once we drag her home. Plan is to run up next Friday to pick her up.

Navy Blue Metallic

When you get a 2nd Gen TA Jeff?

Page 214 of 356 FirstFirst ... 1464114164174184194210211212213214215216217218234244254264314 ... LastLast

Thread Information