Page 210 of 356 FirstFirst ... 1060110160170180190206207208209210211212213214230240250260310 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,200 of 7102

Red
    1999 TA | 2001 SW Z06

Sold it
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am - Borla[]Hurst Shifter[]CETA mod[]Stock wheels painted black[]Red Calipers[]LS7 Clutch[] sold
    2001 Speedway White Z06 [] Ruff Racing 278

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

^^ Sincere condolences.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Say the word. As long as we are home for the weekend, the garage is always open.
    Sounds good! Any suggestions on a seal since GM seem to just leak or is it a rear end flaw for leaks?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorch View Post
    Sold it
    Sorry to hear that. Any parts going in the classifieds anytime soon? That Borla catback for example?
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, QTP Longtube headers ORY, LS6 intake, EGR/A.I.R delete.
    Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays
    YouTube.com/DarrenWS6

Red
    1999 TA | 2001 SW Z06

^^ Sincere condolences.
    Thanks. Nice to see that car people understand. Everyone kept saying congrats and I'm thinking for what? Haha.

Red
    1999 TA | 2001 SW Z06

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenWS6 View Post
    Sounds good! Any suggestions on a seal since GM seem to just leak or is it a rear end flaw for leaks?

Sorry to hear that. Any parts going in the classifieds anytime soon? That Borla catback for example?
    Haha no, that went on the car. Besides my wife has a TA still for any of my spare parts.

Dark metallic blue
    2000 WS6 vert!

Everything is back together! Tick MC is bled and adjusted! Tomorrow I will install the new wheel/tire combo and let her down off the jack-stands and take her for a spin!

Concerns: after putting the battery back in I have a "service engine" light and an "airbag" light! I did disconnect the airbags as per the Haynes instructions and reconnected then via their instructions!

Any thoughts?

Not the same as a CEL?

Anyhow, I'm excited to be done...I hope!😊
    Long ago...

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

That's odd - a quick code scan would tell what the SES is all about. Not sure on the airbag though.

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenWS6 View Post
    Say the word. As long as we are home for the weekend, the garage is always open.

I wouldn't wast the time to fix it unless its pouring out. Top it off and keep a eye on it. Mine leaked for years about the same never really changed. You will have to get a new crush sleeve and set up the pinion bearing play. Sometimes you can count the number of revolutions you turn off the nut and return it plus a little but I don't really think that is the greatest idea. Especially if you plan on a swap down the road. If you don't get it right maybe sooner than later
    99 Trans Am, SLP Lid, Blackwing filter, smooth bellow, Ported TB, LS6 intake, Ws6 lower ram air box, OBX LT's, Magna Flow cat back, LS7 clutch, Tick MC, Hurst Shifter, Frost Tune, UMI SFC,LAC, STB, PB, Torq Arm, Super Hawk hood, Torq Thrust II, Kee Audio.
    Strange S60 4:10's, D&S Rotors, S/S Brake Lines.
    Nitto NT05R Track Tire's, 12.7 @ 108 / 1.82 60'
    Wish list.
    Coil overs, Heads & Cam

Dark metallic blue
    2000 WS6 vert!

Put her back on the ground after 2 weeks of wrenchin'! 😀

New clutch, MC, Speed Bleeder, wheels/tires, and TA!

Pretty excited!😝

Needs a good wash and wax!😳

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by kingls1 View Post
    I wouldn't wast the time to fix it unless its pouring out. Top it off and keep a eye on it. Mine leaked for years about the same never really changed. You will have to get a new crush sleeve and set up the pinion bearing play. Sometimes you can count the number of revolutions you turn off the nut and return it plus a little but I don't really think that is the greatest idea. Especially if you plan on a swap down the road. If you don't get it right maybe sooner than later

Method I use is to drop the drive shaft and then with a beam-style inch pound torque wrench get a reading on the drag by spinning the pinion nut. Mark the position of the nut before removal and then pull it all apart to replace the seal. Leave the old crush sleeve in place, tighten the nut to the position it was in before removal and then start taking readings with the inch pound torque wrench. Keep tightening the nut until the wrench readings are back to what they were before removal. Granted, replacing the crush sleeve and doing it right is the best option, but this method seems to work.

Silver

Got some seat time today, went to my buddies auto parts store and picked up some Lucas oil (Strange Recommended)for my rear end as I'm getting closer to completion of break in. $20.32 for 2 bottles. Then headed out into the country back roads for a really nice drive for a good hour or so. Then back out this evening for a quick run for supplies for the weekend before the rain moved in. I will tell you this a LS1 + six speed + 4:10 gears = Smiling Driver.
    I'm totally stoked with this combination

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I took mine out with the g/f for some Papa V's dinner this evening. Reved it up at a few folks setting fireworks off in their yard to enhance the hell yeah America mood

Silver

Was on my way to a picnic today and was a little hungry and little did I know the Trans Am was a lot HUNGRY. As my wife and I were heading out the four lane we were in a construction zone and some dick was merging on and just about took off my front end off in his 300c with a big bad Hemi the wife knew what was coming as we approach the end of the one lane as this is her rout to work, she began to tell me where the cops set. I told her "you got me all wrong" (with a big smile)! So any how when we got to the end of one lane I shifted into 3rd and dick immediately went for the passing lane and jumped all over it and the feeding frenzy began I went past him like he was tied to a stump as I was shifting into 4th ran it to 125 had him by at least 5 cars then backed off to 70 and he stayed behind me until I turned off and just before I exited he ran up to my bumper and then continued on. Sure was fun. After the picnic wife talked me into grocery shopping so I then turned it into a bad ass grocery getter.....

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Was on my way to a picnic today and was a little hungry and little did I know the Trans Am was a lot HUNGRY. As my wife and I were heading out the four lane we were in a construction zone and some dick was merging on and just about took off my front end off in his 300c with a big bad Hemi the wife knew what was coming as we approach the end of the one lane as this is her rout to work, she began to tell me where the cops set. I told her "you got me all wrong" (with a big smile)! So any how when we got to the end of one lane I shifted into 3rd and dick immediately went for the passing lane and jumped all over it and the feeding frenzy began I went past him like he was tied to a stump as I was shifting into 4th ran it to 125 had him by at least 5 cars then backed off to 70 and he stayed behind me until I turned off and just before I exited he ran up to my bumper and then continued on. Sure was fun. After the picnic wife talked me into grocery shopping so I then turned it into a bad ass grocery getter.....
    They gotta learn somehow! Nice job.

I wanted to take mine for our ride to Horseheads NY and back today, but I also wanted to redeem some recyclables so we took the girlfriends 2012 Focus hatch. Still a bit pissy about that . In the process we also took a ride to Chemung NY to get a visual of where I applied for a better job was at and have an interview Tuesday. Hoping for the best, I would like this place and I could take the WS6 there a time or two since its all pavement and clean on the way there.
    Last edited by DarrenWS6; 07-05-2015 at 06:41 PM.

Silver

^^^^^^Wish you Luck. ^^^^^^^

black
    02 TransAm Ramair WS6

Now that's the kind of fun I like to have !!! I take 4 lanes of I-95 to and from work and there's ALWAYS somebody who needs a good flogging !! Good job on shutting the Hemi down !
    '02 Black RamAir M6--Kooks LTH, Magnaflo, Lowered Eibach springs and Bilstien shocks, Tuned By Frost, K&N & SLP box, Smooth bellows, polished TB, Spohn perf. suspension, shock tower brace. UMI 3point SFC. Front & side splitters w/ canards. American Racing 18" wheels & Mich. Pilot SS titres
    '76 LagunaS3 - 355ci , 350 turbo, 3:55's

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmTerry View Post
    Now that's the kind of fun I like to have !!! I take 4 lanes of I-95 to and from work and there's ALWAYS somebody who needs a good flogging !! Good job on shutting the Hemi down !
    Yes, the power of the douche-bag is strong on the MD part of 95, especially with vehicles that have no purpose doing NASCAR/the-Dumb-and-the-Clueless stunts.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Swapped over to the drag wheels for a cruise in and an upcoming Test & Tune. We'll see if any of the local law enforcement types have an issue with my Hoosier QTP's out back.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Swapped over to the drag wheels for a cruise in and an upcoming Test & Tune. We'll see if any of the local law enforcement types have an issue with my Hoosier QTP's out back.
    Hope this means I will be seeing it this Thursday!

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

That's the plan. A couple of the guys will probably be absent as they will be heading to the Chrysler show in Carlisle, but we hope to be there.

Page 210 of 356 FirstFirst ... 1060110160170180190206207208209210211212213214230240250260310 ... LastLast

Thread Information