Page 207 of 356 FirstFirst ... 757107157167177187203204205206207208209210211227237247257307 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,140 of 7102

Black
    2001 Pontiac Trans am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    I need to do that to mine. That looks really good. Did you buy blacked out covers or did you use that spray stuff?
    I found a place that sells blackout kits, it's just four lens pieces that pop on in front of the fogs and drls.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Hit 2 car shows this weekend and fixed my driver side DRL socket...I'm actually glad its going to rain this week

Almost forgot the picture...I mean what good is a post without a picture of the car right? Can you say "mirror"?

Last edited by theorangeguy; 06-07-2015 at 07:25 PM.

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

I have a story from the weekend myself, took my Mother-in-Law for a ride for her birthday Sunday nite. I got on it a few times then she told me she was never in a convertible so I popped the tops and when we got back to the house we ripped a big burn out while she was waving out the top. Everyone liked it.
    99 Trans Am, SLP Lid, Blackwing filter, smooth bellow, Ported TB, LS6 intake, Ws6 lower ram air box, OBX LT's, Magna Flow cat back, LS7 clutch, Tick MC, Hurst Shifter, Frost Tune, UMI SFC,LAC, STB, PB, Torq Arm, Super Hawk hood, Torq Thrust II, Kee Audio.
    Strange S60 4:10's, D&S Rotors, S/S Brake Lines.
    Nitto NT05R Track Tire's, 12.7 @ 108 / 1.82 60'
    Wish list.
    Coil overs, Heads & Cam

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Not today, but on Thursday my bud wanted to go for a little cruise in my car so we wen't to Troy and back. Started talking about how it sounds which lead to me offering to let him drive it by a couple times making his night. Now I know how my car sounds too, not too shabby for Flowmaster.

2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, QTP Longtube headers ORY, LS6 intake, EGR/A.I.R delete.
    Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays
    YouTube.com/DarrenWS6

Dark metallic blue
    2000 WS6 vert!

Lost my clutch today...in traffic! Made it around the corner to an empty parking lot! Fluid is dripping behind and inside of passenger front tire!😳. Slave cylinder?
    Long ago...

Red
    '00 TransAm RamAir WS6 M6

Two years ago, I purchased two window motors from Autozone and a passenger side window fix kit from Autotrix. Not having a garage or covered parking nor electricity did not allow me to install any of it. However, I recently got a garage with electricity!!! I finally got the window motors replaced on both sides and installed the new window circuit for the passenger side. I also did the VATS bypass this morning because I got tired of having to sit for two minutes waiting for it to reset itself. I cut the two white wires close to the connector, inserted the resistor into the existing lugs that the white wires were crimped by and soldered the resistor in. It cranked the first time!! Such a relief to know that I will not be embarrassed to have to just sit there and wait again, specially when I'm in a hurry. Sure is nice having a garage to park the bird in!!!
    Ported/Polished throttle body, Lingenfelter launch module, SLP line lock, QTP exhaust cutout, LS7 clutch, K&N, Ceramic coated longtubes, no cats, 3" exhaust, Flowmaster "B", Eibach springs, Midwest Chassis 9" rearend w/4.10's

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by udy2554 View Post
    Lost my clutch today...in traffic! Made it around the corner to an empty parking lot! Fluid is dripping behind and inside of passenger front tire!😳. Slave cylinder?

That sounds more like the master or a line to the slave cylinder.

Dark metallic blue
    2000 WS6 vert!

I
    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    That sounds more like the master or a line to the slave cylinder.
    Anything is possible right now! I have the car on jack stands, by haven't had the chance to look yet...I'm camping for the weekend!

I gotta figure out how to get an album going! All my pics are on Shutterfly and my I-phone!

I chased the line from the reservoir, but all I know about this setup I've read here! I've done mechanical clutches, but nothing hydro! (I swapped a 465/205 into a K5 Blazer that started as a 700r4 auto)

I ordered a Luk Pro Gold with flywheel, the existing clutch has 30,000 easy miles, so I figured it's about time to replace? New master and slaves will be ordered after some reading...maybe Tick?

Time for another beer😋, I'm camping ya know😊!

I've heard of some kind of an "easy-bleeder"? Do rear main seal too?

Great day to y'all!😎

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Our car is an A4, so I am not too familiar with the clutch hydraulics on these cars. Tick sounds like the way to go and they do offer a kit for remote bleeding of the system. I have always utilized a Mity Vac in lieu of manual bleeding on hydraulic systems and it certainly speeds up the process. The rear main seal on an LS1 is mounted in the rear cover plate. If the plate is removed it needs to be aligned properly when reinstalled. They make alignment tools that probably cost around $100.00.

Our car had an oil drip when we purchased it in 2008. I swapped out transmissions a few years back and was all set to change the rear main seal, however, it wasn't the culprit. After I pulled the transmission I found that the back of the engine was bone dry. The issue was a weeping oil pan gasket and it just appeared to be emanating from the joint between the engine and transmission. I elected to leave the rear main alone and have had zero issues with any more weepage under the car.

Good move on the new flywheel - the service manual recommends against resurfacing the stock flywheel as it actually has a tapered surface.

Silver

Yep what Jeff said, I have the 6 speed with a LS7 clutch and flywheel along with a Tick mc and speed bleeder. I ended up just using my mity vac in the reservoir cause it was just that easy. But I do recommend getting it cause you need the trany out to install it and the factory set up is a pain to get to. Also ditto on the rear seal I have a brand new one as well as a new cover gasket still in boxes cause mine was also bone dry. The oil pan and the factory PCV hose (cracked behind intake) was the source of my oil leak.

black
    1998 ws6 trans-am

I put woofer speakers in my car sail panels ( 1998 ws6 trans-am ) and put new turn signal bulb in hubbys car ( 2000 trans-am ).

Black
    2001 Pontiac Trans am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by udy2554 View Post
    I

Anything is possible right now! I have the car on jack stands, by haven't had the chance to look yet...I'm camping for the weekend!

I gotta figure out how to get an album going! All my pics are on Shutterfly and my I-phone!

I chased the line from the reservoir, but all I know about this setup I've read here! I've done mechanical clutches, but nothing hydro! (I swapped a 465/205 into a K5 Blazer that started as a 700r4 auto)

I ordered a Luk Pro Gold with flywheel, the existing clutch has 30,000 easy miles, so I figured it's about time to replace? New master and slaves will be ordered after some reading...maybe Tick?

Time for another beer😋, I'm camping ya know😊!

I've heard of some kind of an "easy-bleeder"? Do rear main seal too?

Great day to y'all!😎
    The Tick MS is great, just be sure if you have cruise control to bend the limit switch on the clutch pedal so that when the clutch is not depressed it makes contact with that switch, if you don't then you will essentially not have cruise control anymore. Also if you are going to pull the whole assembly out get the tick speed bleeder too, it installs with the trans off to the upper slave cylinder hydralic line and it will make bleeding it super easy. Lastly when you are installing the tick ms on the clutch pedal there are 2 springs that help pull the pedal from the floor don't be alarmed if they are broken the tick unit does not really need them. Other then that its a tight fit to get that thing in there and the adjusting on the ms can be kind of a pain but its well worth being able to shift through all the gears with out having to deadlift the shifter into gear lol.

Dark metallic blue
    2000 WS6 vert!

Thanks for all the help/suggestions y'all! I hope to be able to contribute one of these days!

I'll figure out the pics too! I can download them, but don't know what to do next! No computer, just I-phone 4s!

Black
    99 Trans Am

Soldered in some new lamps for the steering wheel controls. After seeing how easy it is, I kicked myself for not doing it sooner.
    `99 Trans Am: Vigilante 2600, Stroked (383), Cammed, TSP Catback and Headers,Strano/Koni STR.T, Strano 35/22 Sway Bars, Elite E2 Catch can, 400,000 miles
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    79 Firebird: Pontiac 400 4-speed, Borg Warner Super T-10, XE-268 Cam, Hedman headers, Edelbrock RPM intake, dual exhaust & Flowmasters
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    `08 Corvette Base M6 LS3, Morimoto Headlights and Taillights, SLP Blackwing CAI.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

^^ Any pics?

Black
    99 Trans Am

Absolutely. No pics ... it didn't happen. LOL.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG-20150620-00151.jpg   IMG-20150620-00152.jpg   IMG-20150620-00153.jpg   IMG-20150620-00154.jpg   IMG-20150620-00155.jpg   IMG-20150620-00156.jpg  

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Thank you!

Silver

As the rain continues to fall here day after day haven't had much time in the car. Went for a quick spin up to a buddies house I haven't seen for a while only knowing I had a hour before severe storm hit. Well pushed it a little to far and it started spitting as I left! That's when it got fun as I made a quick 2 mile charge for home. My neighbor got a good view and a ear full of Magna Flow as I looked like a drift car coming up my street. ended up with a few hundred rain drops on her and a big smile on my face so nothing hurt.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Keith - I am both sad and happy for you. I know you loved your WS.6 and enjoyed every minute of owning her.
    True. Except for a few times it frustrated the crap out of me. I am still in an LS, though. Prob always will be. Time to update my sig I guess....

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Looks like we are heading your way again this November. Looking forward to another trip out there - always a good time.

Page 207 of 356 FirstFirst ... 757107157167177187203204205206207208209210211227237247257307 ... LastLast

Thread Information