Page 161 of 355 FirstFirst ... 1161111121131141157158159160161162163164165181191201211261311 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,220 of 7099

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

just realized how screwed up my window is

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I did something I said I would never do... cut a hole in the floor pan to access the fuel pump.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    I did something I said I would never do... cut a hole in the floor pan to access the fuel pump.
    How well did that go? I'm not sure I would attempt it or just pay through the nose for someone else to drop the tank.

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

I never gave it a 2nd thought when I cut my floor out to the fuel pump. If in the future IF I need to upgrade to twin pumps, It will be a 1 min job to get to the pump. No brainer as far as I'm concerned. I know, I hear some of the peeps saying how I cut up my car, but the org car was long gone when I welded in sub frame connectors.

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

I have to agree with you on that. I have been selling the original stuff so it's long gone...
    Last edited by kingls1; 04-14-2014 at 08:49 AM.
    99 Trans Am, SLP Lid, Blackwing filter, smooth bellow, Ported TB, LS6 intake, Ws6 lower ram air box, OBX LT's, Magna Flow cat back, LS7 clutch, Tick MC, Hurst Shifter, Frost Tune, UMI SFC,LAC, STB, PB, Torq Arm, Super Hawk hood, Torq Thrust II, Kee Audio.
    Strange S60 4:10's, D&S Rotors, S/S Brake Lines.
    Nitto NT05R Track Tire's, 12.7 @ 108 / 1.82 60'
    Wish list.
    Coil overs, Heads & Cam

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by RONS98TA View Post
    I never gave it a 2nd thought when I cut my floor out to the fuel pump. If in the future IF I need to upgrade to twin pumps, It will be a 1 min job to get to the pump. No brainer as far as I'm concerned. I know, I hear some of the peeps saying how I cut up my car, but the org car was long gone when I welded in sub frame connectors.
    How do you put the panel you cut back on after you cut it? Do you use some liquid gasket or something? I need to drop my tank I think especially since I need to drain all the gas out before I fill it up with e85. Is there another way to drain the tank?
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RONS98TA View Post
    How do you put the panel you cut back on after you cut it? Do you use some liquid gasket or something? I need to drop my tank I think especially since I need to drain all the gas out before I fill it up with e85. Is there another way to drain the tank?
    I have seen where others used a small piano hinge then sealed it with rtv.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Say it ain't so. You even have a hoist
    -------------------------------------
    Kooks 1 7/8" race headers, Kooks ORY, Borla catback, Nitto 555R, LS6 intake manifold, Shaner S3 ported stock throttle body, SLP lid, smooth bellows, JAAM Ram Air kit, Elite Engineering catch can, LS6 valley cover, EGR and AIR deleted, Frost tune, and Simpson Racing child car seat in the back. 13.2 @ 108MPH

Black / White

crawled under my car yesterday and scrubbed the bottom down...cleaned up everything and it looks 1000 x's better. I dont drive my car in the rain, so hopefully it'll last for a while...the guy who had it before me "only other owner" apparently lived down a dirt road because it had some red clay under it that looks like its been there for a LONG time. Still gotta get the engine bay the way I want it, but I hit quite a few metal pieces with polish this weekend and it made them pop big time...really considering a coil relocation kit now.

Black/ Silver

Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    crawled under my car yesterday and scrubbed the bottom down...cleaned up everything and it looks 1000 x's better. I dont drive my car in the rain, so hopefully it'll last for a while...the guy who had it before me "only other owner" apparently lived down a dirt road because it had some red clay under it that looks like its been there for a LONG time. Still gotta get the engine bay the way I want it, but I hit quite a few metal pieces with polish this weekend and it made them pop big time...really considering a coil relocation kit now.
    Strangely the undercarriage of my car is clean (relatively anyway) but I have been thinking of cleaning it. What did you use? I was going to have this Black Magic wheel spray I have which works very well on wheel lines but if there is something better I would use that. I am then thinking of using POR-15 on the entire undercarriage for a cleaner look.

Black / White

Strangely the undercarriage of my car is clean (relatively anyway) but I have been thinking of cleaning it. What did you use? I was going to have this Black Magic wheel spray I have which works very well on wheel lines but if there is something better I would use that. I am then thinking of using POR-15 on the entire undercarriage for a cleaner look.
    honestly, since I have never done it to this car I used dawn soap...which I NEVER and I mean NEVER use on cars. I wanted to get all the grease off the bottom and the dirt...it actually did a great job. I've got some specific spots I need to hit with some spray to make some grease fall off, but other than that dawn did a great job. Did my wheel wells too while I was under it.

since mine looks like it hasnt been done in like 10 years I scrubbed a lot of stuff...you would probably be ok with an actual spray and then just hose it off...I wanted mine to look like it just came out of the factory "not like that is going to happen" but I wanted to get it as close as I could...
    Last edited by theorangeguy; 04-14-2014 at 10:46 AM.
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

Silver

if you have a dollar General close the get some Mean Green, that stuff work's on everything. I put mine up on stands covered the floor with plastic and started from front to rear it came out great.

which one?
    which one?

Ours had road rash on the liners when we bought the car in '09.
    Damn, I hate buying used cars.

which one?
    which one?

Polished just about every piece of metal I could get my hands on under the hood...it's amazing how much that stuff pops once you hit it with some polish.
    Amen to that,man. The more you look, the more you'll find. Subtle, yet powerful.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by kingls1 View Post
    I have seen where others used a small piano hinge then sealed it with rtv.
    Get a new piece of metal and cut it bigger. YOu can get aluminum from Home Depot for cheap. Or, cut something up you have at the house or shop/office. Caulk up the perimeter, and paint it. Just watch the length of screws you use.....

Black/ Silver

Sounds pretty easy. Is there a good way to drain the tank other than pulling the tank? I need to get every ounce of gas out.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Sounds pretty easy. Is there a good way to drain the tank other than pulling the tank? I need to get every ounce of gas out.
    Cutting a hole in the bottom of it also works...just need to patch it back up

Black/ Silver

I guess I could tap a drain plug in the tank as well.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by hvactechfw View Post
    How well did that go? I'm not sure I would attempt it or just pay through the nose for someone else to drop the tank.

It was real easy to do. I laid it out with tape and drilled starter holes at all four corners. These were then drilled out to around 1/4" for radiused corners and then I cut two parallel slits about an inch long with my die grinder and a mostly gone cutoff wheel. The outer slit was up against the tape and the inner parallel slit was maybe 1/4" over. I grabbed the metal between the slits with my needle nose pliers, bent it up and broke it off to create an opening for an air nibbler. After marking the width of the air nibbler's head on the tape, I drew an outline to follow as you cannot actually see where it is cutting. The only area I had to then cut through with the die grinder is the area at the back where there is a bead rolled in the floor pan. It worked very slick and all the metal shaving stayed on the bottom side, so very easy clean up afterwards. I'll post pics after they upload.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlass View Post
    Say it ain't so. You even have a hoist

I know. Not one of my prouder moments.

It was the fact that it would be easily accessible that made me finally do it.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Here be the pics:

Page 161 of 355 FirstFirst ... 1161111121131141157158159160161162163164165181191201211261311 ... LastLast

Thread Information