Page 142 of 356 FirstFirst ... 4292102112122138139140141142143144145146162172182192242292342 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 7102

which one?
    which one?

Quote Originally Posted by Joels1 View Post
    Raynor that lid looks friggen awesome.Finished wet sanding car.... cleaned her up nice ..nice an ready for paint.As you can see the first owner must of used the rocker panel to jack the car up,thank god it doesn`t affect the factory ground effects.Called my uncle to make sure he can`t still paint it in his works spray booth,looks good.Getting ready to prime the rear spoiler.[IMG]Click for full size[/IMG]
    I came across the pic associated with this post & lmao (hard). Seeing that white bird with space savers on it looks ridiculous. My chrome firehawk wheels were pitted & peeling, so I was gonna take them off & send them to California to get rechromed. I didn't want my hawk sitting on jack stands while they were gone, so I thought about space savers since I have 3 of them already. I own 3 2002 trans ams, While surfing the net for firehawk parts, I saw a pic of a nbm hawk in a junkyard. It too was sitting on space savers, & there as well, I busted out laughing. I made up my mind then & there, ain't no way in hell I'm gonna disgrace my iroc spoiler firehawk with space saver spares. I found a set of chrome firehawk wheels online & bought them. Those are the wheels that went to got rechromed. Meanwhile, my hawk enjoyed looking cool on it's o.e. wheels & tires.
    Last edited by 02 red hawk; 01-19-2014 at 12:25 PM.

which one?
    which one?

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I did the wire mod today. Wife got off early so I can't do my next project.

Yes, I know I need to clean her. That's my 3rd project this weekend.

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

There is something that is so scary just before you start cutting a big ass hole in your car. I swear I heard "Don't Fuck this up!" from someone and I was alone in the garage.
    As long as you know.

which one?
    which one?

Quote Originally Posted by fbodyNATION View Post
    detailed it real good i even tried to polish my Speedline rims they came out ok i guess,but im going to let my dad wax & buff it sunday,he loves to detail cars so he might even detail it again LoL!
    Speedlines are clear coated, you don't polish. Treat them like the paint. Wash, claybar, wash again, wax. They will glisten & be slick as ice.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Several members have stripped the clear off their rims and polished them with great results.

Maple Red Metallic
    2001 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Several members have stripped the clear off their rims and polished them with great results.
    True that Jeff.
    I just sent Trevor (SpeedyWS6) a Speedline and he's doing that to all 4 of his. The one I sent was so he will always have 4 Speedlines on his car while he does the work.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I purchased a spare set from another site member a couple of years ago and have them stored right now. Our rims have some curb rash on them from prior owners so I may someday try to strip and polish them.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    just do a UMI short stick...its pretty cheap and is VERY solid. Makes a huge difference...

UMI Performance Short Stick Handle (1993-2002 Camaro & Firebird) [2105]
    The problem with that is that while it improves shifting, it does not change the fact that you do not have solid stops to protect the transmission from over-shifting - the OEM Hurst shifter does not come with them. This is a critical benefit to installing an aftermarket shifter like a MGW, Hurst Billet, or Pro 5.0.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Bright Red
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    The problem with that is that while it improves shifting, it does not change the fact that you do not have solid stops to protect the transmission from over-shifting - the OEM Hurst shifter does not come with them. This is a critical benefit to installing an aftermarket shifter like a MGW, Hurst Billet, or Pro 5.0.
    From what I gather, the T-56 has built in stops that prevent overshifting. The MGW for F-bodies also does not have stops but I believe that the Hurst billet, 5.0 and ripper do.

2000 Trans Am T56 Swapped - GMPP "HOT" Cam | LS6 Intake | PnP TB | 25% UD Pulley | Founders adjustable LCA/PHB/TA | Norris Catch Can | TSP 1-7/8 SS LT | TSP True Duals with bullets | SLP Lid | UMI Shock tower brace | Torq Thrust M 17x9 275/40 front 17x10.5 315/35 rear - YouTube Videos - My Car Site

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Decadence75 View Post
    From what I gather, the T-56 has built in stops that prevent overshifting. The MGW for F-bodies also does not have stops but I believe that the Hurst billet, 5.0 and ripper do.
    Interesting. I have never heard that before about the T-56.

From what I've been told by a few different shops/builders now, including RPM Transmission, it does not but they could be wrong I guess. I broke my synchronizer keys from hard shifting at 12K miles on my T-56...at least that was the reason I was told. Bought a Hurst Billet shifter and adjusted the stops for shifting and haven't had an issue since and I shift pretty hard and fast...you have to with my setup lol.

Bright Red
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Interesting. I have never heard that before about the T-56.

From what I've been told by a few different shops/builders now, including RPM Transmission, it does not but they could be wrong I guess. I broke my synchronizer keys from hard shifting at 12K miles on my T-56...at least that was the reason I was told. Bought a Hurst Billet shifter and adjusted the stops for shifting and haven't had an issue since and I shift pretty hard and fast...you have to with my setup lol.
    My info was primarily from reading various forums posts where folks said they either spoke to or received an e-mail from Tremec about the T-56 having internal stops. But there are just as many posts stating that this is incorrect and stops are needed on the shifter.

This is a quote from the Borg Warner T-56 wikipedia page:
    The transmission uses a hydraulic clutch, except for the Cobra which is mechanical and had an 11 inch clutch disk. The entire case, including the bell housing, is made of aluminum. The T-56 has a synchromesh made up of brass synchros for the GM and Ford applications, and stainless steel in the Dodge application. The transmission also features internal stops which render stopbolts on the shifter mechanism unnecessary.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Decadence75 View Post
    My info was primarily from reading various forums posts where folks said they either spoke to or received an e-mail from Tremec about the T-56 having internal stops. But there are just as many posts stating that this is incorrect and stops are needed on the shifter.

This is a quote from the Borg Warner T-56 wikipedia page:
    The transmission uses a hydraulic clutch, except for the Cobra which is mechanical and had an 11 inch clutch disk. The entire case, including the bell housing, is made of aluminum. The T-56 has a synchromesh made up of brass synchros for the GM and Ford applications, and stainless steel in the Dodge application. The transmission also features internal stops which render stopbolts on the shifter mechanism unnecessary.
    Seems like a good source of information to me. You might very well be right. Anyone else have any input? I wouldn't be surprised if it did and all the hype about the aftermarket shifters was just "marketing".

which one?
    which one?

Quote Originally Posted by Furious1 View Post
    That is exactly what we thought...where is a NMB when you need one?
    In my garage, but mines an 02, on speedlines.

which one?
    which one?

Quote Originally Posted by laserredgt View Post
    threw on the spare set of 19" hp's i had to clean up the black ones
    Click for full size
    Too many spokes to clean, I'll stick with 5.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Try cleaning Snowflake wheels sometime....

which one?
    which one?

Finally got my drivers window motor in from RockAuto. Took a week. Not sure if saving $15 is worth a week of not being able to roll my window down. Sucks donkey balls trying to get a coffee in a drive thru. I guess I know what I'm doing tonight or tomorrow morning.
    Maybe it's your car's way of telling you not to drink that crap in it. It doesn't like the smell.

which one?
    which one?

Try cleaning Snowflake wheels sometime....
    No thanks. I like a wheel that looks good & is easy to clean. To me, that's a 5 spoke, chrome or polished-no paint. Unless it's a magnum from 1968. Ford & Chrysler versions.

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by 02 red hawk View Post
    Maybe it's your car's way of telling you not to drink that crap in it. It doesn't like the smell.
    how far back are you reading???? I can't even remember this post...

Bright Red
    2000 Trans Am

how far back are you reading???? I can't even remember this post...
    They've been diligently replying to posts from 2.5 years or so ago. :P

Navy Blue Metallic

must be using Internet Explorer..

which one?
    which one?

Quote Originally Posted by fbodyNATION View Post
    Had to pull it out of storage because the GTP had to be fixed,so i decided to take the plasti dip off my speedlines 2 rims down 2 more to go,i liked the look of the black rims but im going back to the polished aluminum look

Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Good thinking regarding the wheels. Looks much better polished. That's all my '02 pewter ws6 will ever wear, so I'm biased.

Page 142 of 356 FirstFirst ... 4292102112122138139140141142143144145146162172182192242292342 ... LastLast

Thread Information