Impounded

Acura and Nissan

So when me and my friend are bored...we shop around on Autotrader, Craigs list, Ebay for cars just to see what we can find.
    Naturally we love our American Muscle (camaro and ws6) but we like to take a look at the ricers for fun

He seems to favor Toyota and Hondas (civics and supras)
    while i seem to favor Nissans and Acuras (350z Altimas RSX and Maximas)

Im wondering. Does anyone own an Acura RSX or a Nissan 350Z?
    Last edited by BashamWS6; 02-28-2011 at 06:39 PM.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by BashamWS6 View Post
    So when me and my friend are bored...we shop around on Autotrader, Craigs list, Ebay for cars just to see what we can find.
    Naturally we love our American Muscle (camaro and ws6) but we like to take a look at the ricers for fun

He seems to favor Toyota and Hondas (civics and supras)
    while i seem to favor Nissans and Acuras (350z Altimas RSX and Maximas)

Im wondering. Does anyone own an Acura RSX or a Nissan 350Z?
    RSX= gay heavy integra. 350z is ok but the manual trannys are weak as hell and the engine doesnt make good power until 5500rpms. I have never owned either car but I did trade my subaru to my friend for a week and he has a 04 350z. They handle nice stop decent accel isnt bad but it just leaves me wanting more. My turbo subaru is a trq monster compared to the nissan vq v6.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Zinergy, how do you like your LGT? It was one of the cars I was considering before I settled on my Z28. I would have bought the Subaru, but I couldn't find one with less than 200,000 miles on the clock for under $12,000.
    Any mods on your car? 5 speed or auto?

As for the original topic, I'm not particularly "loyal" to American muscle, but I do enjoy my Camaro more than any other car I've owned or driven extensively. Nissans and Acuras/Hondas and Toyotas... well... my favorite car of all time is the NSX. I would never consider buying an RSX (though I might go for an Integra). FWD in general, though is something I avoid spending money on if I can. Other than the NSX as an individual car, Nissan is my favorite Japanese auto maker. But I find the 350z ugly. I like the previous incarnations of the Z, and the 370 is better looking than the 350, but still not as nice as the 90s 300zx. If the Skyline GT-R were available in the US, it would definitely be on my "dream list" of cars to buy. For Toyota, the stupidest thing they ever did was get rid of the Supra. They did eventually put out the LFA, but that thing is way too far out of reach for me to even consider a real car. They also have the FT86 coming out, but if they price it like I bet they will (lower $30k), I doubt it will sell well. If they can price it at $20k ($25k with maxed out options) I think they will have a hit.
    Last edited by Naaman; 03-18-2011 at 09:04 AM.

Arctic White, red/gray

I like it alot, i traded my T/A and sold my supra right before i bought this car. I was trying to get a reliable DD and baby hauler that was still somewhat fun. Its a 5 speed.... auto lol. I couldnt find any manuals for as cheap as i did this auto. It has a couple mods, up pipe/down pipe and a tune. 17.5 psi and it runs out pretty well. Been modded since 35kish miles and now has 94k with no problems yet. Plus living in WI it does well in the snow.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Even now that I have my Z, I see some LGTs driving around and there is a part of me that wishes I would have been able to find one in my price range. My favorites are the 05-08... that was the best era for looks for Subaru, in my opinion.

Best looking Subaru ever built. The rainy season where I live is LONG and the snow can get a little overwhelming, but not for significant portions of the year... still, it's the inclement weahter that makes me wish I had a Legacy on stand by.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

hondas and toyotas are gay,, i dnt like those cars at all.. acuras i have had many problems with them.. nissan is the best cheaper and better,, and i think more power,, than the other 3 makers..
    350 is a nice car, and quick but its must be an m6..
    00 ss blk m6 " STOCK" strano springs, slp bilstein shocks, adj LCA, adj panhard bar, relocation brackets, 2 point SFCs welded,OEM zo6 rims black, magnaflow exhaust, CME exhaust,E/cutout, slp grille, custom front plate mount, HIDs, whistler mod, side moldings delete, slp air lid, ported and polished TB, strut tower brace, 3.73s gears, and some other parts to list!
    next to come,4.10s,ls7 clutch, ms3 or 228r cam, ported 243s, ls6 intake, ls6 oil pump. ls2 timing chain, longtube headers no cats, with a tune..
    02 tahoe Z71 blacked out
    00 jeep grand Cherokee limited on 22s.
    07 Dodge Charger R/T Inferno Red, Sold
    98 z28 red m6 sold
    07 zx6r ninja flat/black sold
    08 zx6r ninja sold

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Well... ever since they quit the Supra and the 4WD Celica, Toyota pretty much went down the drain. Honda dropped the S2000 and the NSX and pretty much went the way of Toyota, rather than updating their flagships to remain competitive with other brands. Nissan dropped the Z, but brought it back and saved their whole brand, in my opinion. The GT-R put them on the premium sports car map, and now they're on the top of the Japanese pile.

As of right now, Honda and Toyota are worthless, in my opinion... The least they could do is build SOMETHING in RWD.... That would be a start.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Not a fan of Acura or Nissan. An Acura is nothing more than a restyled Honda, literally. They drive exactly the same - same engines, same transmissions, same brakes, same everything. My Mom has an '06 TL and its one of the most boring cars ever. Honda also has the worst automatic transmissions in the industry. If you have an automatic Honda, you can count on it failing anywhere between 75,000 and 150,000 miles. Most fail around 100K miles.

As for Nissan, their quality is terrible. 350Z's are junk, a guy I work with had one and it went through a transmission, rear, and a timing chain all before 75K miles. The VQ is know for burning oil and being rather course, especially near redline. Nissan also has extensive problems with their 2.5's burning oil, and head gaskets problems are everywhere.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    Even now that I have my Z, I see some LGTs driving around and there is a part of me that wishes I would have been able to find one in my price range. My favorites are the 05-08... that was the best era for looks for Subaru, in my opinion.

Click for full size

Best looking Subaru ever built. The rainy season where I live is LONG and the snow can get a little overwhelming, but not for significant portions of the year... still, it's the inclement weahter that makes me wish I had a Legacy on stand by.
    Dont feel bad, everytime I see a trans am driving by I wish I still had mine.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Not a fan of Acura or Nissan. An Acura is nothing more than a restyled Honda, literally. They drive exactly the same - same engines, same transmissions, same brakes, same everything. My Mom has an '06 TL and its one of the most boring cars ever. Honda also has the worst automatic transmissions in the industry. If you have an automatic Honda, you can count on it failing anywhere between 75,000 and 150,000 miles. Most fail around 100K miles.

As for Nissan, their quality is terrible. 350Z's are junk, a guy I work with had one and it went through a transmission, rear, and a timing chain all before 75K miles. The VQ is know for burning oil and being rather course, especially near redline. Nissan also has extensive problems with their 2.5's burning oil, and head gaskets problems are everywhere.
    Wow, havent seen you post in a while. You been hiding?

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    I like it alot, i traded my T/A and sold my supra right before i bought this car. I was trying to get a reliable DD and baby hauler that was still somewhat fun. Its a 5 speed.... auto lol. I couldnt find any manuals for as cheap as i did this auto. It has a couple mods, up pipe/down pipe and a tune. 17.5 psi and it runs out pretty well. Been modded since 35kish miles and now has 94k with no problems yet. Plus living in WI it does well in the snow.
    Any plans to get back into a Fbod? I can understand why you went for the Subaru: I only get maybe a month of snow here, and when it manages to ice over, it's a royal PITA. There were a few days this winter that I had to drive my wife's car to work because I just couldn't get any traction with my 275s.

How much did you make from your Supra (was it a MkIV)? Those are hard to find at a decent price (or, even at a price that is less than the original retail!). That's a car I think I would enjoy a lot, though, I probably get the same enjoyment from my Z that I would from a SupraTT.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    Any plans to get back into a Fbod? I can understand why you went for the Subaru: I only get maybe a month of snow here, and when it manages to ice over, it's a royal PITA. There were a few days this winter that I had to drive my wife's car to work because I just couldn't get any traction with my 275s.

How much did you make from your Supra (was it a MkIV)? Those are hard to find at a decent price (or, even at a price that is less than the original retail!). That's a car I think I would enjoy a lot, though, I probably get the same enjoyment from my Z that I would from a SupraTT.
    The supra was a 87 mkIII targa turbo, one of the cleanest bodys I ever saw on a 87 supra. It wasnt a 2jz car or even a 1jz it was the American 7mgte engine. I got it pretty close to stock and modded it at its peak it made 500whp. Once i got the trans am the supra went to the back of my mind. I was amazed at how nice it drove even with 420whp and how much better the gas mileage was and it was just as fast if not faster with the 100 shot. And it gave me ALOT less headaches. It takes alot of work to get a 7mgte to stay running for longer than 6 months at 500whp lol.

As far as getting back into f-bodys, i thought about trading the Typhoon for another trans am but i think I am going to keep it and make it into a nice truck again. Its a rare project and something new, I have been working on GM small blocks since i was 16.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 03-22-2011 at 08:01 AM.

Thread Information