Thread: 99 Z vs. 99 TA

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

99 Z vs. 99 TA

Got word that the local stang crew was at the typical hangout spot tonight, so figured I'd go on up there. Let the bottle soak in a bucket of hot water for a good 10-15 minutes, wrapped a towel around it, and shoved it in the backseat

Saw some good races tonight. '69 Camaro took on a '87 GT, camaro left early, but both cars couldn't pull away once they were up to speed, and both spun off the line and through second gear. '69 has a small block of some sort, and the '87 is a forged shortblock assembly, with trickflow heads, trickflow cam, and intake. Not sure of the specs. Some white Chevelle took on the '69 camaro, and mopped the floor with it. I mean it was pretty bad! Been hearing that the car is fast, just don't really know how fast, nobody knows much except that it's a BB. Guy with another foxbody that runs 6.80s won't even run him

So EVIL-LS1 and I were riding around in his car spectating. As we're coming back into town, we see another local fbody that he knew, pull in to DQ. He has a NBM 99 TA, A4, intake and exhaust, 3500 stall, and 3.23s on street tires (275s). He ended up running the '87 GT. Both cars spun through first and seemed to be a dead even race once they both hooked. The guy with the '87 GT is actually another buddy of mine, and has yet to get his timing set 100%. I'm going over to help him tomorrow with my timing light so we can get him running good.

Anyways, since I've yet to run a bolt-on, all motor LS1 yet, I asked the guy with the TA if he'd run me. He was kind of baffled that I wanted to spray, so I explained that I just wanted to see where I stood.

First race was from a 30mph roll. He honks 3 times, and on the start of the 3rd beep, he jumps out, as I nail it with my shifter in OD With the time it took to kick down into first and the nitrous to kick in, I finally came around him by about 60 or so. 100 shot pills in it with constant bottle pressure at 950. Told him I wanted to do it from a dead stop, and I'd give him the kick. So we did. He immediately jumps out about a half a car seperating us when I got all the way into it and kicked the nitrous in. I was on the brink of traction all of first gear. As I went into second, I somehow managed to a fender passed him. He said he was spinning, very well may have been, I was just too busy watching my tach, oil pressure, and focusing on keeping it in my lane. I was probably doing 80-90 tops when he let out, and I had a good 2, maybe 3 cars between us. My buddy with the '87 GT got it all on video on our closed, sanctioned course, so I'll be sure to post those up once he emails it to me here in a few. Awesome night, plenty of racing in the middle of nowhere, beautiful weather, awesome people, awesome cars, couldn't ask for a better time

2000 Z - Light Pewter Metallic - A4 - 130k - Bolt Ons - My Pride and Joy
    2002 C5 - Electron Blue - M6 - 32k - My Dream Car

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Short clip from my buddie's droid... God, I can't wait till the tracks open

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Damn, two LS1s (and EVIL-LS1 tailing behind) racing, on video, and nobody leaves a comment???

Thread Information