Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    FASTER THNA SPEEDINtICKEt BANDITO's Avatar

White
    2002 trans-am

Quote Originally Posted by bstuby View Post
    If your doing 140 and the cop is coming towards you in the other lane, what chance do you think he has of actually catching you if you stay on the gas. I think he would try for a min then be like, ahh the hell with it
    yep I got away from a Texas state trooper like that except I was in a 2002 montecarlo ss and topped at 120.

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    Yeah anything over 30 over is a mandantory court date in FL. You would end up paying a shitton of $$ for that one
    i did 50 over. paid the $500 maximum fine and did the 8 hour class.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I was gonna race a ricer once but he neutral dropped his auto and him and his mouthy buddy had to push his car off the road..lol

Car sat along the highway for about a week with a white t-shirt in the driver window..

I stopped one day and left the number for AAA on his windshield, "from your 01 Camaro buddy"..

Funny stuff op..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

hahah wow thats funny

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

If your doing 140 and the cop is coming towards you in the other lane, what chance do you think he has of actually catching you if you stay on the gas. I think he would try for a min then be like, ahh the hell with it
    Be careful with that. A lot of agencies have a policy about chasing vehicles in excessive speed. Basically an officer trying to catch a vehicle going that fast would cause more danger than just letting them go. However, depending on the quality of the video system and how close they are and all kinds of specifics, you could get home to find someone waiting on you to get there. A lot of the camera systems in patrol cars are on a constant loop activated by the light bar. It's constantly recording at 30 seconds or so prior to the lights coming on. So if they get a plate...you could be in a world of shit. Now at 140 it's going to be iffy on them placing a face in the video and that's if they are close enough to get it on video. But your car could get impounded. Roll of the dice either way.

Pewter
    2000 Pewter Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by IH8EVRY1 View Post
    Be careful with that. A lot of agencies have a policy about chasing vehicles in excessive speed. Basically an officer trying to catch a vehicle going that fast would cause more danger than just letting them go. However, depending on the quality of the video system and how close they are and all kinds of specifics, you could get home to find someone waiting on you to get there. A lot of the camera systems in patrol cars are on a constant loop activated by the light bar. It's constantly recording at 30 seconds or so prior to the lights coming on. So if they get a plate...you could be in a world of shit. Now at 140 it's going to be iffy on them placing a face in the video and that's if they are close enough to get it on video. But your car could get impounded. Roll of the dice either way.
    They can impoundmy car even if they don't know who was driving it?

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

the fastest car in the world cant outrun a Motorola.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by camaroluvr447 View Post
    It depends on a lot of factors...do they not impound abandoned cars? You don't know who was driving those then they were left. I've never impounded one that got away that I had a tag number but I know people who have.

black
    '02 trans am ws6

Quote Originally Posted by camaroluvr447 View Post
    Go read the story on the BMW M3 owner who admitted on a Beemer forum he did 120+ in a residential and another one on the Vette owner who's posted a 160+mph vid and they both got nabbed for these things, although neither set of authorites had first hand sight or knowledge on the incidents.

Be carefull, technology paired with a "confession" (OP posted this vid and story) gives them probable cause and a reason to get you.
    '02 ws6.....mods? nope

Mystic Teal Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

That's why it's just better to wait until no one is in sight before you go that fast. It's also so easy to wreck at those speeds. Unless you're on like a 8 mile straight away.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

The bridge the video was shot on is too small for a car to be pulled to the side without someone hitting it when going by so i was definately in the clear for speed. The video would give the cops the evidence though that would make me guilty :/

Thread Information