Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Could be, I don't know what the 97 Cobra was actually rated at, but I thought it was 305HP at the crank, so it would seem the car would be in the 7psi range. I guess that sounds right now that I think about it.
    probably the 8psi kit with the intercooler.

Black
    1999 WS6

I'm finding 170 hard as hell to believe OP, but not impossible.
    Over on LS1Tech, we have a guy running 500rwhp (not counting his 150 spray) he found 180 in the mile. He can be quoted as saying "165 is hard as hell to get past without a lot of push due to the drag coefficient of our cars".
    Another 98 WS6 owner running 487rwhp, 476 torque pretty much has it limited to 165 bouncing off the limiter in 5th, because once he shifts into 6th it actually slows down.
    I've personally never had mine going that fast, nor tried past 150 so I really have no idea.
    As for the Cobra...GREAT kill. It's always nice to run against a S/C model being NA and win, the only trouble is making the guy believe you never hit the juice to accomplish the victory.
    1999 WS6 - Black - 414rwhp 401rwtq w/o NOS
    632rwhp 577rwtq with HSW 250shot NOS

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by kevnstac View Post
    Over on LS1Tech, we have a guy running 500rwhp (not counting his 150 spray) he found 180 in the mile. He can be quoted as saying "165 is hard as hell to get past without a lot of push due to the drag coefficient of our cars".
    Another 98 WS6 owner running 487rwhp, 476 torque pretty much has it limited to 165 bouncing off the limiter in 5th, because once he shifts into 6th it actually slows down.
    I've personally never had mine going that fast, nor tried past 150 so I really have no idea.
    As for the Cobra...GREAT kill. It's always nice to run against a S/C model being NA and win, the only trouble is making the guy believe you never hit the juice to accomplish the victory.
    Well I read about a guy posting his GPS mph around 180 and he had a cam and bolt-ons, dunno if it was an a4 or m6.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by kevnstac View Post
    I've read and heard the same exact thing about being able to achieve certain speeds. It takes a shit-ton of power...

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Could be, I don't know what the 97 Cobra was actually rated at, but I thought it was 305HP at the crank, so it would seem the car would be in the 7psi range. I guess that sounds right now that I think about it.
    My buddy's cousin had a black '97 cobra with all the bolt ons and a kenne bell @ 8psi and 4.10s. I beleive he had a 255 tire, not sure. All I know is he could drive!!! On street tires, he was able to keep it right on the brink of traction in first, and lay down double patches going into second and third. His best friend had a '98 or '99 silver Z28 that was an automatic with full exhaust/lid/3.73s/smooth bellows, full bolt-ons with no cam, but a good dyno tune. He never would say what he dynoed.

I was with them on two different occassions. From a dig, the cobra would jump out with not much room between them, until the top of his second, or atleast into third, when the camaro would start rolling by him. Mid 4th, it was always game over by no more than 2 cars. That LS1 was nice, but the guy was a little arroant and cocky about his typical bolt-on camaro

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Yawn,boring speed. 170 has to be on,or right after the mike mark. That's a hell of a drag race. Maybe,it FELT like 170.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    My buddy's cousin had a black '97 cobra with all the bolt ons and a kenne bell @ 8psi and 4.10s. I beleive he had a 255 tire, not sure. All I know is he could drive!!! On street tires, he was able to keep it right on the brink of traction in first, and lay down double patches going into second and third. His best friend had a '98 or '99 silver Z28 that was an automatic with full exhaust/lid/3.73s/smooth bellows, full bolt-ons with no cam, but a good dyno tune. He never would say what he dynoed.

I was with them on two different occassions. From a dig, the cobra would jump out with not much room between them, until the top of his second, or atleast into third, when the camaro would start rolling by him. Mid 4th, it was always game over by no more than 2 cars. That LS1 was nice, but the guy was a little arroant and cocky about his typical bolt-on camaro
    umm yeah, gonna call bullshit on all of that. Where to start.

4.10s with a kenne bell?? really...
    255s and he can 'brink of traction' in first with over 450 torque and 4.10s?really...
    and then a 425hp+ car more modified against a car that would maybe put down 350rwhp Max....really....

yeah bullshit. If he lost, the cobra is broken.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    umm yeah, gonna call bullshit on all of that. Where to start.

4.10s with a kenne bell?? really...
    255s and he can 'brink of traction' in first with over 450 torque and 4.10s?really...
    and then a 425hp+ car more modified against a car that would maybe put down 350rwhp Max....really....

yeah bullshit. If he lost, the cobra is broken.

Raise the BS flag on yourself squid...

Let's start at the beginning. Air... Fuel... Spark... goes KABOOM! And you make...?...?.... POWER!

This 4.6L DOHC Cobra makes a pretty over-rated 305HP in stock form. I beleive in one of my old MM&FF magazines, when the '01 came out, they compared dyno numbers to that of the '99 and also a '96. I know for a fact that the '96 put down somewhere in the neighborhood of 235-240 to the brakes. Yes, amazing, I know! Very comparable to that of a stock LS1 that may put down 280-290

Then you do the typical intake/exhaust/gears, put some rubber under it, and throw a kenne belle on it. I don't remember mentioning any fuel upgrades, as he never spoke of any, but it would be stupid not to upgrade the system, the kit may have even come with it all, who knows. But in any event, you are NOT going to see anything near 425hp in one of these. 400RWHP isn't even attainable. With 8lbs of boost, you are realistically looking at 330-350 to the brakes. Max. I rode in the car years ago, I know what it felt like. And let's not forget the ole' rule of thumb. There's no replacement for displacement. 40-50% increase with that KB is what they advertise.

I'm not going to threadjack here. I believe you probably need to sit back and think about the numbers before you start spatting off at the mouth. With 3.23s and a baby-ass stall, I can lay into my right pedal on bald 245s and still cut better 60' times than the guy with slicks and 3.90s in the other lane. Anything can happen. Not everybody knows how to launch and/or drive. It's life

2000 Z - Light Pewter Metallic - A4 - 130k - Bolt Ons - My Pride and Joy
    2002 C5 - Electron Blue - M6 - 32k - My Dream Car

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

Let's start at the beginning. Air... Fuel... Spark... goes KABOOM! And you make...?...?.... POWER!

This 4.6L DOHC Cobra makes a pretty over-rated 305HP in stock form. I beleive in one of my old MM&FF magazines, when the '01 came out, they compared dyno numbers to that of the '99 and also a '96. I know for a fact that the '96 put down somewhere in the neighborhood of 235-240 to the brakes. Yes, amazing, I know! Very comparable to that of a stock LS1 that may put down 280-290

Then you do the typical intake/exhaust/gears, put some rubber under it, and throw a kenne belle on it. I don't remember mentioning any fuel upgrades, as he never spoke of any, but it would be stupid not to upgrade the system, the kit may have even come with it all, who knows. But in any event, you are NOT going to see anything near 425hp in one of these. 400RWHP isn't even attainable. With 8lbs of boost, you are realistically looking at 330-350 to the brakes. Max. I rode in the car years ago, I know what it felt like. And let's not forget the ole' rule of thumb. There's no replacement for displacement. 40-50% increase with that KB is what they advertise.

I'm not going to threadjack here. I believe you probably need to sit back and think about the numbers before you start spatting off at the mouth. With 3.23s and a baby-ass stall, I can lay into my right pedal on bald 245s and still cut better 60' times than the guy with slicks and 3.90s in the other lane. Anything can happen. Not everybody knows how to launch and/or drive. It's life
    Good comeback bro! I fully agree
    2002 Camaro SS/M6. Volant CAI, 80mm TB w/spacer, cat delete w/ ory, borla XR-1 w/ cme, custom tune, 3.73's, 8,000k HID headlights and foglights, 19" staggered ruff 278 wheels.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

thats how its done lol

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

money in the bank lol

midnight metalic blue
    98 Pontiac Trans Am

owned!!! lol

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

owned!!! lol

So what is your 60' time ?
    Last edited by Z28Thunder; 01-26-2011 at 09:40 PM.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    I was going to ask the same question just out of curiosity.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Bald 245's lol

I was going to ask the same question just out of curiosity.

Last edited by Smittro; 01-26-2011 at 09:21 PM.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

We were asking MrMasterCraft not the OP

White
    2008 Hummer H3

We were asking MrMasterCraft not the OP

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post

Hey now I thought we were talking about numbers...

I believe you probably need to sit back and think about the numbers before you start spatting off at the mouth.
    Last edited by Z28Thunder; 01-26-2011 at 09:40 PM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Hey now I thought we were talking about numbers...
    My bad.. I did'nt realize it was a cut and paste..

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Last one was a 2.19 in the pewter car, but that's with 2.73s and shitty track prep

Besides, I've got the DRs on the 2.73 car and the bald 245s on the 3.23 car. No times yet, so as stated above, I can still own the local supercharged 4.6s running around with Hoosier slicks

Hey, not my fault they can't drive. I need to get it on video one night. Pretty bad a few months back my buddy and I asked why they hate camaros so much. Never heard it get so silent before... guy with a blown silver stang said "Because they're fast... you guys have a racecar from the factory... they're just shitboxes in every other aspect". Whatever

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information