Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by MIDNITELT1Z
    OH REALLY?? WELL THEN...WHAT EXACTLY ARE UR MODS, PLZ ENLIGHTEN ME, N THEN ILL TELL YA MINE, MAYBE U R FASTER WHO KNOWS?? WHATYA GOT
    Right now, I just got some CAI and tune that is supposed to be one of the best. It should give me from 20 to 30 RWHP or so and about the same increase in torque. I'll find out when we have our dyno day. Coming soon will be my X pipe with Hi flow Cats, and maybe some shorty headers. If you have an LT1, you may have had the time to really build that thing up. You would have to do that to be able to smoke my car. That depends on what you call "smoked" too.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

I went cruising today. Saw some T/A's and CAmaro's but didn't catch a race. I want to see for myself if these things run with jets.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Camarofan
    Right now, I just got some CAI and tune that is supposed to be one of the best. It should give me from 20 to 30 RWHP or so and about the same increase in torque. I'll find out when we have our dyno day. Coming soon will be my X pipe with Hi flow Cats, and maybe some shorty headers. If you have an LT1, you may have had the time to really build that thing up. You would have to do that to be able to smoke my car. That depends on what you call "smoked" too.
    those stangs i was tellin u bout racing i beat with, cai, twin 52mm tb, edelbrock headers, borla exhaust, stage 2 jet chip, 4.10 gears, t/a racing girdle, stage 2 spec clutch, and freemods(descrenned maf, tb bypass) that was b4 i got le2 head n cam package from lloyd elliots, soon will have a 75 shot of zex...im noy just some lt1 guy with an old camaro, i love my car n wouldnt trade it for nething, i also have 51k original on my car

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Last edited by Camarofan; 04-10-2006 at 12:54 AM.

Silver
    1997 Pontiac Firebird

my friend recently raced a 05 GT in his 2000 ss
    the Gt was stock and maunal
    the ss was stock with flowmaster exhaust no cats, and a hypertech programmer its a4.
    the ss beat the gt bad at the launch the gt had him, but when the ss hit 2nd he passed him and kept making a bigger lead through the rest of the 1/4 mile.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by 97formula
    my friend recently raced a 05 GT in his 2000 ss
    the Gt was stock and maunal
    the ss was stock with flowmaster exhaust no cats, and a hypertech programmer its a4.
    the ss beat the gt bad at the launch the gt had him, but when the ss hit 2nd he passed him and kept making a bigger lead through the rest of the 1/4 mile.
    That's believable. These GT's launch like crazy! Having no cats and a tune makes a huge difference, I must say though.

Some guys on here say that Lightly modded LT1's are crushing the 05/06 stangs, but I guess it depends on what forums you go to.

Here's a kill story from Mustang Forums regarding the LT1

So last Saturday a buddy of mine purchased a '96 z-28 camaro with the LT1. 6 speed manual. He wanted to race my '05 GT, so later that night (1 a.m. to be exact), we went out on a back road with about a 2 mile long straight away. We lined them up and as you all are thinking already, I ate him up! I shot out about 4 car lengths in front of him right off the line. In the end I was about 1/4 mile in the lead and had hit 150 mph! It was a great ride! Going to the track on April 23rd. I'll post my times after that

Silver
    04 Cobra

Well, I have an 05, and I've driven a 98 LS1 that my best friend used to have. I'll tell you this. It feels like this stang can launch better and will hold the lead for about the first two gears, BUT I think the LS1 will still pull ahead barely stock for stock. This stang will COMPLETELY DESTROY the other stangs stock, not to insult the other generations(stangs). I'm still wondering why Ford is lazy about throwing away the 4.6. We need the 5.4 .
    They are faster than ever, but I strolled a 05 to about 140 about 6 months ago.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

That's believable. These GT's launch like crazy! Having no cats and a tune makes a huge difference, I must say though.

Some guys on here say that Lightly modded LT1's are crushing the 05/06 stangs, but I guess it depends on what forums you go to.

Here's a kill story from Mustang Forums regarding the LT1

So last Saturday a buddy of mine purchased a '96 z-28 camaro with the LT1. 6 speed manual. He wanted to race my '05 GT, so later that night (1 a.m. to be exact), we went out on a back road with about a 2 mile long straight away. We lined them up and as you all are thinking already, I ate him up! I shot out about 4 car lengths in front of him right off the line. In the end I was about 1/4 mile in the lead and had hit 150 mph! It was a great ride! Going to the track on April 23rd. I'll post my times after that
    It isn't natural for a stock LS1 to get an 06 out of the hole, but a 1/4 mile lead by 150 for an 06 vs an LT1 is unusual also. A lightly modded LT1 and a stock 06 would be a good race IMO, but to say an that a lightly modded LT1 would CRUSH an 06 is rediculous as you and I both know. I think our problem here is that driver vs driver stats aren't equal for any of these races we keep hearing about
    stock: LS1>06GT>LT1
    stock for stock AND mod for mod the 06>LT1
    The bottom line is that an LT1 has to be modded just to hang with an 06 if drivers are equal and light mods on the LT1 merely level the playing field and by no means lead to an outstanding victory

indigo blue met. gm.506
    1999 Camaro Z-28

I was at the track last week in my 99 Z-28 a4 I'm 1 for 1 with two different 05/06 all I have is a lid and freemods.
    The first race the guy works at the local ford plant out drove me from the green. lost by 1 3/4 cars {mods ??}
    The second race guy about my age he had me out of the hole but I hit second and pulled out in front by 1 1/2 car at the end of the 1/4{ stock}

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    It isn't natural for a stock LS1 to get an 06 out of the hole, but a 1/4 mile lead by 150 for an 06 vs an LT1 is unusual also. A lightly modded LT1 and a stock 06 would be a good race IMO, but to say an that a lightly modded LT1 would CRUSH an 06 is rediculous as you and I both know. I think our problem here is that driver vs driver stats aren't equal for any of these races we keep hearing about
    The bottom line is that an LT1 has to be modded just to hang with an 06 if drivers are equal and light mods on the LT1 merely level the playing field and by no means lead to an outstanding victory
    I think you are probably the most honest on here. I still haven't raced an Ls1, but I look forward to racing one.

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Z-28
    I was at the track last week in my 99 Z-28 a4 I'm 1 for 1 with two different 05/06 all I have is a lid and freemods.
    The first race the guy works at the local ford plant out drove me from the green. lost by 1 3/4 cars {mods ??}
    The second race guy about my age he had me out of the hole but I hit second and pulled out in front by 1 1/2 car at the end of the 1/4{ stock}
    Yep, things like that happen. That's why I was saying that these guys that were saying an ls1 driver has no worries racing an 05/6 Mustang when that's not true. Had you run the same race with previous generation stangs, you would have caught up with him very quickly.

Black
    99 SS

today i watched an 05 GT run a 15.5, im not to worried about them
    95 WS6, 6 speed, FULL suspension, 9" spool, Vortech S/C HARD TOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

99 Z28/SS Vert Triple Black, H/C

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner
    I wouldn't worry about them either, if they ran that consistently.

Black
    99 SS

well it was stock at the track was about 100* today so i would say it COULD run a 15 hihg 14???

Black
    05 mustang GT modded

well it was stock at the track was about 100* today so i would say it COULD run a 15 hihg 14???
    He or she couldn't drive, or they was in high elevation or something because they've run anywhere from 13.5 thru 14.3ish or so stock. I've heard of one 13.4. They are starting to approach the 11's with certain mods.

Black
    99 SS

yea like i said it was really hot and humid today so thats prolly why

Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1

There is no way with a good driver the LT1 would have lost that bad against a stock GT. stock for stock the GT has an edge but its not that big. Out of the whole I expect the GT to win due to the fact they launch smooth. But I have a small amount of bolt ons and outran 2 05 GT auto's at the track already"barely" and I trapped EXACTLY the same as them. This of course is in my LT1 wich does have a CAI,Muffler,Airfoil. Thats it! My bhuddies new 05 5speed even lost to me in one race" he blew his launch" But he took me the next 2 Buy a 0.1 and the next race bye 0.2 and trapped 1mph higher. He of course was stock as well.

I cant comepletly rule out the Lose as B.S becasue LT1's are up there in age and all of them cant be running strong.

Must have been driver error.

Artic White
    2001 Camaro

I did not think that ther was that much differance between A SS and a Z.
    There really isn't a difference. The SS has the 3.23s in the autos, 17 in wheels , and the ram air isn't goin to do much either. The Z28 has either 2.73s or optional 3.23s, 16 in wheels and are generally lighter then the SS. Both of the cars were undereatted from the factory to.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information