Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by jimmi7769
    Here's an import with power

THAT I can have pride in.
    WTF is that?
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Good links. I didn't see the show, but it looks like import's got a big ole slap in the face by REALITY. On national TV too!

Even the ricers are getting on the dude's ass about that embarassment.

Jeff Creech is the guy who put my springs and Ti retainers on, and tuned my car, its awesome to see my tuner on TV!

Quote Originally Posted by v8pwrdz28
    if i won that POS, id take a sledgehammer to it in front of the ricers.
    That's f*ck*ng hilarious!
    Last edited by Roastem; 03-24-2006 at 07:01 AM.

red
    04 pontiac gto

blame it on the fast and the furious movies.after seeing those movies people thought that all ricers are super fast.i cant believe he aske dfor 20 lengths at one point and his granny shifting wasnt helping him at all either

MAD
    Quote Originally Posted by Roastem
    WTF is that?

THAT is a TVR Speed 12. Another hot import is any 1000hp stock block supra

black
    2002 corvette coupe

Well built 300zx or 3000gt vr4 also beasts, true two door coupe-sports types not econoboxes with turbos. I know I just sold a vr4, and she was fast, nothing like boost, but there is definately no replacement for displacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Vette4LIFE
    Well built 300zx or 3000gt vr4 also beasts, true two door coupe-sports types not econoboxes with turbos. I know I just sold a vr4, and she was fast, nothing like boost, but there is definately no replacement for displacement.
    Yeah its a shame those "econoboxes" do everything those other imports you just listed better.

MrMiracle
    Quote Originally Posted by firebird99
    blame it on the fast and the furious movies.after seeing those movies people thought that all ricers are super fast.i cant believe he aske dfor 20 lengths at one point and his granny shifting wasnt helping him at all either
    I think the Gran Turismo and Need for Speed games may have something to do with it too. GT is a great game and all, but except for some of the race versions of most of the cars, the American vehicles don't get much respect.

I saw a preview for the next F&F movie when Barda and I went to see V for Vendetta. It looked like there's a GT350 thrown in there. Might be moderately interesting.

MAD
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMiracle
    I saw a preview for the next F&F movie when Barda and I went to see V for Vendetta. It looked like there's a GT350 thrown in there. Might be moderately interesting.
    They're in Japan and its all about drifting and street racing. Not sure how thrilled I am with the plot on that one, not that I expected much anyway. Although I did see a new viper in one of the shots so atleast there's some american muscle.

What do those econoboxes do better again? I've got a video on my computer somewhere of a Supra with a big single turbo (SP67) or something I think on it that tears down twin turbo corvette's, supercharged viper,Lambo Murcielago, and a turbo Trans Am like they were all nothing.

This is way off topic and I'm the last person that would tear down an econobox since I've owned a few in my day (spicey orange Mazdaspeed Protege comes to mind) but it was far from a top end performer.

black
    2002 corvette coupe

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983
    Yeah its a shame those "econoboxes" do everything those other imports you just listed better.
    I didnt mean factory-designed turbo econoboxes. The evo 8 is mean looking, but I prefer a more traditional sports car look. I was talking about hatch hondas cobbled together, that actually may run well and reliably, but I like style man, hence the vette ( I just got it so Im still having a lil vette tude, lol)

oh yeah, and I never raced an evo but i beat an sti at 140 on the interstate in my 92 vr4, just slowly pulled on by, and that was stock, on a 198,000 mile motor. He was probably stock too but it was a nice car, blue with bronze rims.
    Last edited by Vette4LIFE; 03-24-2006 at 08:51 PM.

Thread Information