Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MrMiracle
    These days, Mazda = Ford.

Hotrod
    Dont those things have the Rotary Engine? What a F'ing dumbass! I mean really! Yeah that look sporty, but I might as well try to race your SS in my Saturn Ion Sport! I'm gonna rev that 4 cylinder and burn some SS a$$!

Red
    1998 Z28

okay so maybe i'm just a dumbass but does anyone else think that a ls1 powered rx8 would be bad ass or what. if it would fit of course and a few mods to the drivetrain that sucker would be awesome. my neighbor had one and it looked great interior was nice too. just really slow. is impressive though that such a small engine can produce so much power

anyway i respect ya for not wanting to diss his car but hey he had it coming to him. since gas has gotten so high rather then race them i'll rev up at the rice and just let them fly out from a dig. i just have to crank my monsoon up to drown out the wet fart coming from the back of their car

Silver
    2002 Firebird T/A - WS6

Yeah- nice kill-
    BTW- what is it with these guys and their rice with the lousy sounding 'wet fart' mufflers anyway?! They just don't get it do they? I have rice all over my general area and the sounds they make are SOOOOO annoying. Anyone have any ideas why this is becoming such a popular but utterly ridiculous muffler for these guys? I can't figure out why you'd ever WANT to make a car sound like that.

Legend Lime
    2005 Mustang GT

My theory on why it is popular is this:

It's cheap (the muffler and the Honda) and the car doesn't have to have power (the Honda) to get the desired effect. Any 4 banger can do it. Any retard with a hand-me-down civic can act like the big dogs.

Who you callin a wankel? transam kid 01's Avatar

Black
    2004 RX-8 6 Speed Manual

Quote Originally Posted by s197
    Doesn't the auto have something like 198 or something like that? Anyway, you see a ZOOM ZOOM commercial and think you can beat anything.
    Less i believe

Who you callin a wankel? transam kid 01's Avatar

Black
    2004 RX-8 6 Speed Manual

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWS6
    Before I left for spring break the other day, I stopped by the dealership where I just bought my 02' SS to pick up the registration sticker. I noticed a couple of guys looking at an RX8. Silver... nice looking car. The salesman told me that the guy had just bought the car. On my way out, the guy acknowledged MY car as SLOW. I didnt think anything of it. I pulled out and headed towards the interstate and when I hit the ramp and looked in my rear view... there he was!! He apparntley wanted to race pretty bad. I really didn't feel like changing this guys mind about the car on his first day, so when he pulled up next to me I declined. He punched it anyway and I just watched. I knew it would be nasty if I raced him. He slowed down and drifted all the way back, the passenger flipped me off and at that point I decided that it really didnt matter if he liked the car or not, so I told him he was number one as well. We hit at about a 50 roll and I had numerous lenths on him by 110 and he took the next exit... I just know he was thinking, damn I should have bought that camaro. Not a great race, and maybe he didnt know just how to drive it yet, but still. A kills a kill
    Do you know if it was auto or manual?
    Auto=9 second 0-60 with a 4 port rotor pushing out a whopping 190 hp and 180 tq (i think)
    manual=5.9 with a 6 port rotor putting out a more respectable 238 hp and 170 tq (i believe)

Either way....stock RX8s cannot hang with fbods...plain and simple. Am i the only level headed 8 owner?

Black
    02' SS

believe it was an m6. Not for sure... havent seen many RX8's that are eager to race, unless they want to see you do something stupid...

MrMiracle
    Quote Originally Posted by BlinkFan0072
    okay so maybe i'm just a dumbass but does anyone else think that a ls1 powered rx8 would be bad ass or what. if it would fit of course and a few mods to the drivetrain that sucker would be awesome. my neighbor had one and it looked great interior was nice too. just really slow. is impressive though that such a small engine can produce so much power
    Doesn't the RX8 use the T-56? Fitting the motor to the trans wouldnt' be the hard part. The rotary is small enough that it can sit much lower than a regular V or inline engine. The oil pan on an LS1 would drag on the ground. The low CG is the RX-8s only major advantage.

White with silver stripes
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWS6
    I knew it would be nasty if I raced him. He slowed down and drifted all the way back, the passenger flipped me off and at that point I decided that it really didnt matter if he liked the car or not, so I told him he was number one as well.

at that point i would have fucked em up. maybe he hasnt ever seen what rice does to birds? rice can get u killed

Thread Information