Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    Unless it's a 03 or 04 Cobra their usually nothing to worry about. When my car was just a bolt on A4 with the 3.23's I walked away from pretty much every mustang I raced easily including a 07 5spd with the same mods as my LS1. Only car I couldn't pull on was the termi cobra I.raced of course his car just has a catback and Cai but we were pretty even to 120. If he had a dull exhaust and swapped his blower pulley he would.have walked me. Now I added the cam , stall , and 3.73's I am dying to run into him again. Least he was cool and complimented my car for giving him a good run. I had many.Mustang from old 89 fbody hatch cars with h/c/I/and a 6lb blower to newer 4.6 GT's and none were as fast as my cammed LS. Though my 89 was close. I still have a 93 5.0 AOD vert that is a spare dd and cruiser, just a.few minor bolt ons not in anyway a race car but it's allot of.fun and I have to say it's no where close to my car even when.it.was stock bit I.do love that old 5.0 sound with a.set of flowmaster mufflers. Wish people would.stop trying to race me in it though, it's a mid 14 second car at best. Never have anyone pull up on me the few times I take out my TA lately. I don't mind if it is a hemi or a 370 Z that I race I never talk I.see no point in talking sht, if they are cool I can appreciate that everyone has their preference in cars. Hell I'd like to.have a mid.90's TT Supra for a toy.
    definately man i love supras there bad ass lol but yeah i like any driver of a sports car in general as long as the owners cool i just hate like in this case where the owner was a complete douche bag

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Z-28 View Post
    Hahahaha!!! Nice kill wicked. Stock for stock, an LS1 F-body racing a 2 valve GT is almost like racing a V-6.

I raced a 2 valve GT 5 speed a couple months ago from a 40 roll. I pulled 3 or 4 cars before i even hit 80. It was pathetic. My auto car just has an SLP lid and cat-back too.
    yeah i dont usually get too many that try and race me i will mess with one every so often when im feeling froggy and i can usually get them to race (especially if its a kid) but some will just look at me and shake their head no cause they know they will get owned

Pewter
    2002 Z28 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Packy View Post
    It kind of fits with his location because the car I raced had plates that are from the state he claims to be in. Either way he is a punk. Hopefully I see that Super Snake or whatever it is when I am back in Florida for the Holidays. It will be on and if not I just need to get the real scoop on that car as for now it is being said that it is a GT 500 with almost all S.S. body parts.
    Thanks for clarifying, I was going to say if it was a Super Snake, I think he would have raped you. Not that I know anything about your car.... just sayin

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by ccusum View Post
    Thanks for clarifying, I was going to say if it was a Super Snake, I think he would have raped you. Not that I know anything about your car.... just sayin
    Actually you should find out what a person has done to there car before you claim they would get raped by another car. Packy is a friend of mine and a super snake would have nothing to offer his trans am. And the guy he is talking about is a douche bag to say the least. Try find out about someones ride before making claims, just saying......

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by dennis ss View Post
    Actually you should find out what a person has done to there car before you claim they would get raped by another car. Packy is a friend of mine and a super snake would have nothing to offer his trans am. And the guy he is talking about is a douche bag to say the least. Try find out about someones ride before making claims, just saying......
    id sell my left nut for packys t/a

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    id sell my left nut for packys t/a
    I'm right there with ya wicked. You should see it in person

Mystic Teal Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

yeah i dont usually get too many that try and race me i will mess with one every so often when im feeling froggy and i can usually get them to race (especially if its a kid) but some will just look at me and shake their head no cause they know they will get owned
    Every 2 valve I've ever come across was more than willing to run me. Whether it be in my camaro or GTP's.

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

I'm right there with ya wicked. You should see it in person
    shit me and a few buddies are flying out to miami this summer to have a good time and go to the beach and what not but im not too sure how far that is from you

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

shit me and a few buddies are flying out to miami this summer to have a good time and go to the beach and what not but im not too sure how far that is from you
    Only a couple hours south of me. Give me a heads up when your leaving and I will take a weekend vacation bro.

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

alrigh man i will let you know when it comes time

black, black Twins
    93 Supra , 94 Supra Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    Hell I'd like to.have a mid.90's TT Supra for a toy.
    ME TOO !!!....LOL

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by nomolos1 View Post
    ME TOO !!!....LOL
    Click for full size
    i hate to say it but i would trade the ss for that in a heartbeat (that is if it was worth the same)

black, black Twins

They are fun. An LS1 would have a good chance at beating a(auto)supra out of the hole, in a short race. But when the turbo is spooled....., OH MY GOD!!!!! hold on, and hope the car is aim in a straight line.

They are fun. An LS1 would have a good chance at beating a(auto)supra out of the hole, in a short race. But when the turbo is spooled....., OH MY GOD!!!!! hold on, and hope the car is aim in a straight line.
    Actually, it's the other way around. Launching a stick shift turbo car is much more difficult than stalling up the boost in an auto and letting out the throttle. Also, the performance of a stockish 2JZGTE and a LS1 are pretty similar. However, when you ditch the twin turbos for a nice single unit, the 2JZs accelerate as your described. I've seen a few that were pretty much unbeatable.

black, black Twins

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    Actually, it's the other way around. Launching a stick shift turbo car is much more difficult than stalling up the boost in an auto and letting out the throttle. Also, the performance of a stockish 2JZGTE and a LS1 are pretty similar. However, when you ditch the twin turbos for a nice single unit, the 2JZs accelerate as your described. I've seen a few that were pretty much unbeatable.
    It's rare to find MK4 Supras with stock turbos anymore. We got rid of the stock turbos a long time ago.
    I think everyone should get to feel the rush of the 60 mph punch. The Supra lays down 100+ foot drags.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by ccusum View Post
    It is kind of hard to rape someone when you can't find traction. I have little traction worries with my grossly under powered TA.

navy blue metallic
    2002 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by Packy View Post
    It is kind of hard to rape someone when you can't find traction. I have little traction worries with my grossly under powered TA.
    It is a bit underpowered, can it even break the tires?

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

It is a bit underpowered, can it even break the tires?
    na the wheels are just to make it look fast and the procharger is hollowed out jk

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

It's rare to find MK4 Supras with stock turbos anymore. We got rid of the stock turbos a long time ago.
    I think everyone should get to feel the rush of the 60 mph punch. The Supra lays down 100+ foot drags.
    there is a guy here at my work that has one that looks just like your red one and he didnt have it a week before he changed the factory turbo

black, black Twins

there is a guy here at my work that has one that looks just like your red one and he didnt have it a week before he changed the factory turbo
    The red one belongs to a friend.
    I think the stock turds are like governors on these cars.
    basic APU mod list is something like this
    1. turbo kit= $2500.00
    2. ebay front mount intercooler $500.00 (yes they work well)
    3. exhaust $500.00
    4. Fuel system $1500 to 1800.
    5. Engine management system (Map ECU)= $800
    6. Dyno tuning= $300 to $500.
    7. Labor Option (you pay to have it done or do it yourself)
    This grocery list will take these cars from 280 rwhp to well over 500 depending on the size turbo and fuel injectors. sorry

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information