Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

oh lawd.. Can we not turn this into F&F 3. Next thing you guys will be running for pinks.

Blue
    04 Mach 1

right, that is why i hate this fourm, queers like you!
    i have previously stated that i have respect for ls1 cars and then you go and name call, wow your cool.

black
    99z28/m6

hey im for pinks im sure i could sell that mach1 for a little money,and im not calling nobody names, i dont know how you guys are in your area but around here all the mustang guys think there cars can beat anything there is and im definetly not sayin i can beat anything but the majority of mustangs i can,so i wont dog on you or your car cuase i dont know you but the fastest mach1 i have seen around here went11.8 and thats not very fast

Black
    1999 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by jking
    I thought the M5 Mach dyno's about 15hp more to the wheels on average. 260 vs. 275?

It's the torque management that hurts the new GT's though. That can easily be removed with a tune. Evan Smith at MM&FF ran a 13.39 with a new GT, got a tune, and ran a 13.09. That dude can drive... He also ran a Z28 to 12.8's, an LS1 C5 to 12.7's, and 2 different Mach 1's to 13.1's.

I base my Mach experience from owning 2 LS1 Z28's, an LS1 C5, and a Mach 1, and running all of them at the track dozens of times. On several occasions, I ran my C5 and my 02' Z28 against a group of Mach 1 owners in Houston who were there. Some of them were running 13.0-13.1's bone stock, or with just a cat back. My Z was running the same times, and my C5 would run slightly faster than that.

It was running against them that opened my eyes to what a well driven Mach 1 can do. When I was looking for another sports car, that's what I got. My first trip to the track with my Mach 1 netted me a best of 12.90@106. That was with only drag radials and a not so hot 1.9x 60'.

By the same token, I talked to another Mach owner one night who couldn't run faster than a 13.90, and couldn't trap over 101. Dirvers and production variations make a difference.
    yes my buddy dyno'd 275whp and 289wtq bone stock.

Black
    1999 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird02
    over all man the mach is a very well respected car..... and thier bottom end is better than an ls1 but where we have the advantage is our top end... with both cars being stock if you can get the start you should have the race but when racing a mach with a good driver you cant let up even after you get out there.... Good Luck
    very true my buddy ran a 8.5 in the 1/8 mile bone stock, most ls1's run 8.6 to 8.7 bone stock. But in the 1/4 mile the ls1 will catch it.

silver
    99 trans-am

mach 1 are slow, don't worry, i had one by 3 cars and that was the first week i had my car

2007 GMC Sierra Duramax

Hmm.

We can't have this many junior members all in the same thread fanning the flames in the same illiterate posting style...

I sense trollery..

Quote Originally Posted by blk99z28
    im gonna say from expeirence that your gonna kill it man ur car vs a 04 cobra should be a closer race if its on stock tires then ur gonna kill it if its on tires then its gonna get u outta the hole but u will come around him on the big end
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbird02
    over all man the mach is a very well respected car..... and thier bottom end is better than an ls1 but where we have the advantage is our top end... with both cars being stock if you can get the start you should have the race but when racing a mach with a good driver you cant let up even after you get out there.... Good Luck
    Quote Originally Posted by foit3
    my bro's GTP laid the smack on a Mach 1 i was with him that day it was funny as hell. the guy in the stang was so pissed
    Quote Originally Posted by ponyeater
    mach 1 are slow, don't worry, i had one by 3 cars and that was the first week i had my car

'03 Mach 1

Grey
    2003 Mach 1

Quote Originally Posted by MIDNITELT1Z View Post
    ur just upset cuz car will lose to mine thats 12 years old, hahahah u stang guys are such pussys
    Quote Originally Posted by blk99z28 View Post
    im gonna say from expeirence that your gonna kill it man ur car vs a 04 cobra should be a closer race if its on stock tires then ur gonna kill it if its on tires then its gonna get u outta the hole but u will come around him on the big end
    Quote Originally Posted by foit3 View Post
    my bro's GTP laid the smackdown on a mach 1. it was funny as hell. the stang driver was so pissed and my 98 Z28 smashes his GTP so u should win
    Quote Originally Posted by foit3 View Post
    the gtp isnt highly modded but its enough mustangs blow unless its a cobra.. must people cant drive anyway i know the guy with the mach 1 now
    There's so many clueless folks posting in this thread I don't even know where to start...

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

A good place was to let this thread die.

Thread Information