Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    2007 GMC Sierra Duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 00H/CGT
    To the one that said they run 13.5's... I am sorry but u have ur facts wrong. My buddie just had got his 04 Mach 1 5spd from dealer and ran 13.34 with a 2.25 60FT on street tires and on nitto dr's he ran a 12.96 with a 1.9 60FT.....anyhow as far as the race goes it should be really close... no more than a car on each other..if the other one doesnt know how it drive I am assuming
    Tell you buddy to air the DR's down to 12psi, get them hot as fuck and dump out at 4500.

I bet he'll knock at least couple of 10ths off of that time...

Pewter
    01 Ws6

Again.. my Auyto Ram Air was a factory runner from the start.. totally stock the car ran a 13.24.
    She factory dynoed at 321.69.... and found out later she had a Ls6 Block.

complete intake and exhaust bolt ons.. LS1 edit, dyno tuned suspension mods. + tranny mods....

Ran modified Machs, slightly modified Cobra sc i only lost once to a 425 rwhp Cobra... and only at the end of the 1/4.
    i too owned a 99 Gt stag.. with about 3-4 K in Steeda mods .. I know the Mach and cobra are fast bone stock.. i was lucky to have a great mechanic match my coponates... i could consistantly run 1.5x 60 foots times.. i feared very little in 0-70-100 runs on cars with mild bolt -on applications..or Stock z06( c5) even vipers, 911 turbo's and a few race prepped harleys..

Again i would never put down the mach or cobra.. i was just Lucky to have a strong runner and never ran into any mega hp Machs or Cobra's. And my tranny and suspension were up to the task of applyig all my Hp to the ground..

just as an Aside i remeber Pontiac performance magazine running a porker 2002 Ws6 Auto .. on stock tires .. and the car wass running 13.1's...

The Stang - Camaro/ Firebird rivalry was always close and in the end the firebird ram Air was still a viable champ... even in auto.. . my next project is a 96 C4 with a Lt4 base motor.... hoping to extract 425 hp to the wheels with some creative mods. or a factory 5 Cobra replica. .. Again i know i've been lucky with the Machs and cobra's i've run.. i attribute my winning streak to a balanced intake /exhaust bolt- on combination.. proper tuning, a kick aass tranny build.. and proper suspension geometry.
    and the fact that she was a stock HP freak to build upon.......i sweated my first couple Cobra's (03-04)
    stock.. but realized that my money was finally well spent on the modifications.... Balance .. as in life is the key to fun an success. with a litttle luck thrown in.

Torrid Red
    05 GTO

A race between those two cars, both stock, is a drivers race. Neither car is that much better than the other that one will smoke the other in an even up race.

Blue
    04 Mach 1

Sooo
    how did it go?

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Mach Ones Are Fast, But Ur Ss Is Gonna Take It, Ford Did Make A Fast Car And I Give Machs A Lotta Credit But Ls1's Still Got The Upperhand On Em

Blue
    04 Mach 1

not raced yet?

2007 GMC Sierra Duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1Mustang
    not raced yet?

No shit, right?

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebuell
    Again.. my Auyto Ram Air was a factory runner from the start.. totally stock the car ran a 13.24.

complete intake and exhaust bolt ons.. LS1 edit, dyno tuned suspension mods. + tranny mods....

Ran modified Machs, slightly modified Cobra sc i only lost once to a 425 rwhp Cobra... and only at the end of the 1/4.
    i too owned a 99 Gt stag.. with about 3-4 K in Steeda mods .. I know the Mach and cobra are fast bone stock.. i was lucky to have a great mechanic match my coponates... i could consistantly run 1.5x 60 foots times.. i feared very little in 0-70-100 runs on cars with mild bolt -on applications..or Stock z06( c5) even vipers, 911 turbo's and a few race prepped harleys..

Again i would never put down the mach or cobra.. i was just Lucky to have a strong runner and never ran into any mega hp Machs or Cobra's. And my tranny and suspension were up to the task of applyig all my Hp to the ground..

just as an Aside i remeber Pontiac performance magazine running a porker 2002 Ws6 Auto .. on stock tires .. and the car wass running 13.1's...

The Stang - Camaro/ Firebird rivalry was always close and in the end the firebird ram Air was still a viable champ... even in auto.. . my next project is a 96 C4 with a Lt4 base motor.... hoping to extract 425 hp to the wheels with some creative mods. or a factory 5 Cobra replica. .. Again i know i've been lucky with the Machs and cobra's i've run.. i attribute my winning streak to a balanced intake /exhaust bolt- on combination.. proper tuning, a kick aass tranny build.. and proper suspension geometry.
    and the fact that she was a stock HP freak to build upon.......i sweated my first couple Cobra's (03-04)
    stock.. but realized that my money was finally well spent on the modifications.... Balance .. as in life is the key to fun an success. with a litttle luck thrown in.

Auto?????

What correction factor? Maybe a dyno session in 40-50 degrees uncorrected.

I find it hard to believe you can consistently beat a Z06 or '95 up Viper when those cars run mid-11's near bone stock with tires and you with only minor bolt-ons. Most F-Bodies will run mid-low 12's with full bolt-ons and tires NA. You also mentioned suspension mods without saying anything about the rear gear. You say you're running consistent 1.5x 60 footers. Not on the stock rear. I barely run consistent 1.5x's at 600 rwhp but that is with the stock IRS. You have to hit one pretty damned hard to get 1.50's. To beat a mid-11 car with your power levels you would have to pull 1.2-1.3 60 footers.
    Last edited by Pumped03; 03-31-2006 at 08:10 AM.

Pewter
    01 Ws6

Funny , when Pontiac performance magazine tested a full porker auto Ws6 2002 Collector yellow ...they ran in the 13.1x range multiple times on stock tires..../ as they say your milage may vary!... and older Vipers and i believe the Zo6 weren't driven to potential

myothercarisaambulance rigdoctormark's Avatar

artic white
    2002 camaro ss

no haven't raced him yet.

Black
    1999 Corvette

My Buddy has a 04 Mach 1 5-speed. He can run 8.5's in the 1/8 mile! im not sure what his 1/4 mile would eqaul out to be. But ls1's are monsters on the top end.

Blue
    04 Mach 1

Then again so are the DOHC mach motors. They love the high rpms.

2007 GMC Sierra Duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1Mustang
    Then again so are the DOHC mach motors. They love the high rpms.

It was my experience that my LS1 cars were noticably stonger than my Mach after 100.

Especially when the Mach has to go to 5th around 140 or where ever. It fell on it's face where my Z28 would still be pulling hard at 155. The Mach would still pick up, but it wasn't close to the same.

By the same token, the Mach seemed quicker to 70 or so. I was running 8.20's 1/8th with just drag radials. I don't think my LS1 cars could do that in stock trim with drag radials. It's the launch, rev and gearing advantage in 1st and 2nd that I think makes them run so well.

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Rebuell

Let me get this strait. So your cutting 1.5 60's and running 13.1's and your beating vipers, Z06's and turboed porche's. Are you serious??? And then you bring up a magazine test to back up your retarded claims!!! Do us all a favor, trade your TA for a Honda.

BLACK
    S281 SC

ls1's are monsters, but dont underestimate the mach's. when i had my auto mach with gears and exhaust i never lost to an ls1 in a dig race, but roll races i never won, by around a car or so my buddy with his 5speed mach with the same stuff i had & tires and ran a best of 12.6's, and consistant 12.8's .. but dont take that the wrong way cause i know there are plenty out there that would and could have walked me i just never found them

2007 GMC Sierra Duramax

Quote Originally Posted by ragu1585
    ls1's are monsters, but dont underestimate the mach's. when i had my auto mach with gears and exhaust i never lost to an ls1 in a dig race, but roll races i never won, by around a car or so my buddy with his 5speed mach with the same stuff i had & tires and ran a best of 12.6's, and consistant 12.8's .. but dont take that the wrong way cause i know there are plenty out there that would and could have walked me i just never found them
    I never lost to an LS1 when I had my Mach either. I complemented a GTO owner at a gas station one time and he gave me a 15 minute speech about how fast his shit was, and how Ford just isn't cutting it with the Mustang GT, refering to my Mach which had the stickers removed. I plead guilty for leading him on by acting all wide eyed and impressed.

We got on the feeder in front of the gas station and hit it from about 20mph. This is when I was running consistent 12.60's with very few mods and he had an A4.

I pulled the living shit out of him and put at least 10 cars on his ass to 100.

It was guys like that who made owning a Mach fun.

I probably ran a dozen stock or mildly modded LS1's on the track and never lost.

Like you say, I know that there are LS1's out there that would have killed me, but I can drive pretty good, and could handle any that were modded similar to mine. CAI, DR's, tune and Xpipe = lid, ORP, tune and DR's.
    Last edited by jking; 04-03-2006 at 06:02 AM.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by jking
    I never lost to an LS1 when I had my Mach either. I complemented a GTO owner at a gas station one time and he gave me a 15 minute speech about how fast his shit was, and how Ford just isn't cutting it with the Mustang GT, refering to my Mach which had the stickers removed. I plead guilty for leading him on by acting all wide eyed and impressed.

We got on the feeder in front of the gas station and hit it from about 20mph. This is when I was running consistent 12.60's with very few mods and he had an A4.

I pulled the living shit out of him and put at least 10 cars on his ass to 100.

It was guys like that who made owning a Mach fun.

I probably ran a dozen stock or mildly modded LS1's on the track and never lost.

Like you say, I know that there are LS1's out there that would have killed me, but I can drive pretty good, and could handle any that were modded similar to mine. CAI, DR's, tune and Xpipe = lid, ORP, tune and DR's.
    I have had the exact opposite experiences Machs have always been a little faster the LT1s and unable to handle an LS1 in my experience. This is one that will never be settled. I would equate the Mach with the new gt, which is faster than I hear people around here giving it credit for. If you give than any leeway you might not catch up before the end of the 1/4, but a driver that's on his toes is an LS1 won't lose, stock for stock. I don't think "similar modded" is a good argument for what a stock for stock race would be, different cars react to different mods in different ways. It's crazy that we've had exact opposite experiences with them though, I've been trying to run one down that I see in my neighborhood lately but the oppotunity hasn't been there yet. I hope to freshen up my Mach experiences, most of my experience comes from when they were brand newish so were most likely to be 100% stock, and we all know that any LS1 willing to race at minimum probably has a lid and maybe exhaust and is still claiming "stock"

Blue
    04 Mach 1

the new gt has about the same peak hp as the mach but the power band on the mach is much better. A mach will almost always out run a new gt. When i was stock i raced a Trans Am with a lid and catback and it was a good race. He won by a 1/2 car.

2007 GMC Sierra Duramax

I thought the M5 Mach dyno's about 15hp more to the wheels on average. 260 vs. 275?

It's the torque management that hurts the new GT's though. That can easily be removed with a tune. Evan Smith at MM&FF ran a 13.39 with a new GT, got a tune, and ran a 13.09. That dude can drive... He also ran a Z28 to 12.8's, an LS1 C5 to 12.7's, and 2 different Mach 1's to 13.1's.

I base my Mach experience from owning 2 LS1 Z28's, an LS1 C5, and a Mach 1, and running all of them at the track dozens of times. On several occasions, I ran my C5 and my 02' Z28 against a group of Mach 1 owners in Houston who were there. Some of them were running 13.0-13.1's bone stock, or with just a cat back. My Z was running the same times, and my C5 would run slightly faster than that.

It was running against them that opened my eyes to what a well driven Mach 1 can do. When I was looking for another sports car, that's what I got. My first trip to the track with my Mach 1 netted me a best of 12.90@106. That was with only drag radials and a not so hot 1.9x 60'.

By the same token, I talked to another Mach owner one night who couldn't run faster than a 13.90, and couldn't trap over 101. Dirvers and production variations make a difference.

2007 GMC Sierra Duramax

The only way to really settle it is go to the websites and look at the 1/4 mile list.

Most Mach 1 owners net mid 13's. Same as LS1 owners.

I know of 1 Mach owner who hit 12's bone stock. He post under the name "Foster" I believe. Lots of them hit low 13's, but as they mod, they move up the list...

There have been several Fbody owners hit 12's, but it's not very common. I saw a guy doing it one night at HRP with a 99' stripper Z28.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information