SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

99 Z28 vs. 99 VR4

I'm sitting in traffic waiting to turn left and I notice a 3000gt behind me. After the light turns green I turn left and almost immediately he swings wide into the next lane and he's coming kinda fast. I thought about it for a second trying to decide if a 3000gt is worth the time and about the time his front bumper is at my door I decide to go and drop the hammer. It didn't take long for me to realize something was up -he was still there. Through first he remained and by the end of second I had MAYBE pulled a length. I get off it and he gets some catless popping in his ears (I feel bad for him and his chick who had their window at my back bumper for so long) when he passed me I noticed the VR4 tag and didn't feel so bad about not pulling him harder. He was cool, we got a few words in about car years etc he said he'd upped the boost a little and that's about it then he gave a wave and a smile before he turned off. I hope to run into him again and talk to him in depth next time. I'd like to run that thing from a dead stop. I've never seen a VR4 in person before and didn't even think about it at first when he was hanging so good, I was more confused than anything. I got home and looked it up, looks like 320hp twin turbo AWD when stock, if I talk to him again I'll come back in here and post his non-stock boost.

'99 B4C - lid, K&N, mac mids, ORY, loudmouth

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

good run.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Yeah Those Vr4's Weigh Like 4000lbs Though

NBM
    '00 Z28

As far as imports go, if I had to have an import, the VR4 wouldn't be a terrible one to get.

Black
    2002 Camaro Z-28

I have a '97 VR-4. I love that car, but not more than my camaro. I dont have much done to it yet, but the camaro has more torque than the vr-4. Its a quick and fun car to drive and they weigh 3,750 LBS. :-P

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Good kill man.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

good kill dude, theres a guy in town around here with supposedly all kinds of shit down to it. he claims hes puttin down 450awhp and about to put in bigger turbos.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Nice kill...did your tranny kick down at all? I'm surprised he hung so close up top with the added weight and awd loss.

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    Nice kill...did your tranny kick down at all? I'm surprised he hung so close up top with the added weight and awd loss.
    My tranny always kicks down. I'm sure the farther we would have gone the harder I would have put it on him. I'm not gonna claim my car has been running great anyways since the header install with him and the new GT being such close races. I finally got my programmer (yesterday) and fixed the a/f and it helped more than I thought it would. I really like the feel of the shifts now too, they were stupidly soft before.

black
    2002 corvette coupe

I just sold my 92 vr4 with 300awhp, to get my ls1 powered corvette. I loved m vr4 but it's too much trouble. I am having a lot more fun with the displacement n/a (no worries), then having to watch and wonder why my knock sensor is going off and pulling the timing on me.

They are awesome cars if your a tuning tech, I was learning but got tired of it and wanted something better. a rwd american muscle icon, and its black.

Black
    2002 Camaro Z-28

yea...transversal engines suck. Mines up for sale too, lol. as i said in one of the other threads, im lovin the american side of the family, and im never going back to imports.

black
    2002 corvette coupe

dude me too. its a cool idea and all, but the ls1 is so smooth and responsive, you have a vr4 also? We both got da black chevy's tho, hehe.

Black
    2002 Camaro Z-28

Ha ha, yea thats awesome

black
    2002 corvette coupe

Pure Speed, I need to know how to post up pics, I got vr4 pics and mynew beast the 02 vette pics i want to show everyone, please advise, over.

Black
    2002 Camaro Z-28

To be honest boss, im new to this also, so i cant really help, otherwise i would be glad to. im sure anyone else on here would be more than willing to help

black
    2002 corvette coupe

well bro, whichever one of us figures it out first, we'll tell the other one, deal? I wanna show of my new shit, lol.

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

do you have somewhere to host them, so that you can just post a link here? if so just click the icon in the toolbar in your reply box that says insert image and put the link in the window that pops up. If you don't have somewhere to host it just reply advanced and attach the pics, it'll be a thumbnail we can click for the full size image

Thread Information