pewter
    2002 z28

Talking GT gets owned and does ricer flyby

I was leaving my parents house after putting on my new MSD wires. I pulled up at the red light that turns into Research Park Blvd. ( Huntsville ) When the light turned green I noticed in the rear view a 96 or 97GT convertible come flying up and weave in between the car in the left lane and my rear bumper. He went by and gave me a you don't want none look. I just slowly merged over behind him and as we were coming out of a curve he nailed it. He pulled about a car and a half before I realized my foot needed to push the gas pedal to go faster. I hit it at about 40 which sucks for my 3:23 geared A4. I was about 2 1/2 or 3 bus lengths ahead when I let off at about 120 for traffic ahead. I was already slowed down to about 60 or so behind a tahoe getting ready to get off at my exit. He comes flying up behind me, doing about 100 and jumps into the emergency lane and trys to pass me and the Tahoe. He runs off in the grass and almost tags the concrete wall. He somehow manages to get back on the road and turns off on my exit. I speed up a little and end up behind him at the stop sign. He turns around in his seat and revs at me and was like you want to go again. I said no thanks I am not to big into off road racing. He turned around and took of flying down a side road.
    2002 pewter z28 a4 stripper
    Performance: slp lid, k&n filter, cold air kit, borla exhaust wide open,1.8 crane roller rockers,
    Vinci Tuner
    18'' chrome Z06, NT555 275's front, BFKADW2 295's rear, red calipers

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am M6

That was awesome what you said to him after he asked if you wanted to go again. Off road racing
    Also what sucks about 3:23 gears in a4? Just curious.

pewter
    2002 z28

It doesn't drop down into first , you just get stuck in the bottom of the powerband in second. Takes a good second to get going.

SRT4SC
    Yeah I don't get GT drivers. I had one today next to me at a stoplight in an 01 up bodystyle convertible, I figured he would punch it so I let him get the jump and as soon as I heard him go I nailed it in first and was amazed at how quickly I put car lengths on him, I was shocked and figured it had to be an auto. I even looked over and went wow when I was pulling past him. After I'm really ahead I slow down and then he comes up on my ass and I throw it in 3rd ready to go but he just sits there and doesn't go. Then he pulls up beside me and is looking at my car I guess trying to figure out how a neon just beat his ass. Gave him the thumbs up but he just went on his way. Almost every GT owner I have done this with has done similiar things. Why do people always act mad when they race? They look like their trying to be gangsters or something. I'm usually grinning from ear to ear, and my legs will start shaking when it's over from adrenaline. I can barely mash the clutch after running with people.

NBM
    '00 Z28

Ah, you get the shakes too. I thought I was the only one. Good to know not everyone is the the cool collective Fonzie.

I just get so pumped before/during/and after. Almost like when I lost my virginity.

SRT4SC
    Quote Originally Posted by toneloc60
    Ah, you get the shakes too. I thought I was the only one. Good to know not everyone is the the cool collective Fonzie.

I just get so pumped before/during/and after. Almost like when I lost my virginity.
    Yeah afterwards maybe a minute or two later I can barely drive home because of the adrenaline surge. It's kind of like when I get a deer hunting, I'm good for that first shot but after that the adrenaline is pumping so hard I can't hold the gun steady. Plus I'm use to killing these GT's in my old LS1 but wasn't sure of the SRT4 so that made it a little more when I put so much length on him so quickly. The skittle made me proud!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

yea, i get the shakes too. but whats sad is that since i don't get the oppurtunity to race much my adrenaline gets going even if a gt pulls up next to me. ha!ha!

Torrid Red
    05 GTO

Some GT owners are like those kids that watched Fast and the Furious too many times. They put some stickers, a wing and a 150 shot of nitrous on a stock civic and think they have a drag car.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    YEAH ONE OF MY BUDDYS WIT A V6 CAMARO, EXHAUST, INTAKE AND SOME OTHER LIL MODS SMOKED THIS GUYS 96 GT AUTO, THOSE THINGS ARE IMITATION MUSCLE CARS

00ls1bird
    Quote Originally Posted by pewter02z
    It doesn't drop down into first , you just get stuck in the bottom of the powerband in second. Takes a good second to get going.
    I have been trying to figure out why my car took so long to gain speed at a 30-40mph roll. I thought something was wrong.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 00ls1bird
    I have been trying to figure out why my car took so long to gain speed at a 30-40mph roll. I thought something was wrong.

Get some 3:73's and a 3200 stall and you will stop wondering what's wrong

00ls1bird
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711
    Get some 3:73's and a 3200 stall and you will stop wondering what's wrong
    I wouldn't think that there is that much difference between 3.23 and 3.27 gears. I am pretty sure that I will be getting a stall very soon.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 00ls1bird
    I wouldn't think that there is that much difference between 3.23 and 3.27 gears. I am pretty sure that I will be getting a stall very soon.

Please re-read post....3.73 gears...NOT 3.27 3.73 will get you to your powerband quicker then the 3.23's

00ls1bird
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711
    Please re-read post....3.73 gears...NOT 3.27 3.73 will get you to your powerband quicker then the 3.23's
    Sorry typo

black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

I thought I was the only one with the shakes, makes it real hard to get a good luanch when my left wont stop trembling, I'll usually compensate by giving it to much gas.

black
    2002 corvette coupe

you guys, the 96,97,98 mustnags are the slowest of the slow with barely 205 hp. they are slow by mustang status.

Its not even as fast as some Honda's.

Thread Information