Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    I must be the only import driver ever that was disappointed with his Camaro Z28.

Quote Originally Posted by LeadFarmer View Post
    hahaha no not the only one. My friend with the sr20 240 which I've mentioned to you before was disappointed when he drove my car. The fact that it was an auto didn't appeal to him, he also said he liked the tq/power curve and sound of his car better
    The power surge of a turbocharged vehicle is appealing to some people. It makes the car seem faster than it is.

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    there is no sound better then a v8 imo
    Ehh, there are a couple exotics that produce a juicier note. The sound of a V8 is better than any 4 cylinder however.

My Z28 was setup with full bolt ons and full suspension. In my opinion, the F-body does not have the correct suspension geometry to handle well. The feedback and driver input was sloppy, the car understeered and oversteered harshly in certain instances even with excellent tires. The body also wanted to pitch and roll a lot and produced too much push in tight turns due to the weight.

There are people than can drive the car fast around corners, I just didn't find it enjoyable. So I did the next best thing and put and LS1 in an import.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

My Z28 was setup with full bolt ons and full suspension. In my opinion, the F-body does not have the correct suspension geometry to handle well. The feedback and driver input was sloppy, the car understeered and oversteered harshly in certain instances even with excellent tires. The body also wanted to pitch and roll a lot and produced too much push in tight turns due to the weight.

There are people than can drive the car fast around corners, I just didn't find it enjoyable. So I did the next best thing and put and LS1 in an import.
    Unbanned. Barely.

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Ehh, there are a couple exotics that produce a juicier note. The sound of a V8 is better than any 4 cylinder however.
    i will give you that im just more of a v8 guy but thats just my opinion

i see what you are saying about the cornering but where i live hardly anyone autocrosses we just go to the quarter mile to race and thats just a little out of my knowledge range as far as taking corners at 100+

Sunset Orange
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

=X in city, with 2 lanes on each side, when people do that I chose to catch up to a random truck and pace with them no matter how slow they are going. Prolly not the best of ideas to provoke road rage, but sometimes I like to be an ass... besides a tickets for fucking with the flow of traffic is much better than speeding/losing license

i will give you that im just more of a v8 guy but thats just my opinion

i see what you are saying about the cornering but where i live hardly anyone autocrosses we just go to the quarter mile to race and thats just a little out of my knowledge range as far as taking corners at 100+
    I agree, been a drag racer for years and don't plan to change. Never cared much for handling. I get in a stock 4th gen and it feels like a go cart to me There are plenty of mountains and curvy roads out here to play on, and I find the stock 4th gen to handle nicely for me. But I'm also not out here pushing the limits like some people, I'm not Mario Andretti.

Quote Originally Posted by Draik View Post
    =X in city, with 2 lanes on each side, when people do that I chose to catch up to a random truck and pace with them no matter how slow they are going. Prolly not the best of ideas to provoke road rage, but sometimes I like to be an ass... besides a tickets for fucking with the flow of traffic is much better than speeding/losing license
    You are right, that's not the best of ideas. I would expect it from Californians though

I don't generally break speed limits either, and tend to drive at or just below the limits. But to block traffic on purpose?? Not a smart move, especially since most of Arizonians carry guns Plus you run the risk of car damage.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

twisties and autox are under appreciated on this forum

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I like to watch, that's about as far as it goes. I never got into all that G-machine pro touring crap. Tired of seeing all the big wheel/big brake stuff.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    x2. While i am a Drag racer by heart..my car's suspension is nearly fully built and my shocks and springs are designed for handling..and once i tap into the front suspension it will be set up to hit the corners well ........and then go to the track ..slap on some meats and let the front end pop up and hit mid 60ft with my 4.xx gearing and 4k stall

i do agree with superlum. tho..the f body does have some slop to it in corners when you are in hot...BUT can be made to handle extremely well and much more predictable ...i believe i will have a watts link replace my panhard bar down the road. my car will have a identity crisis

Sunset Orange
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    You are right, that's not the best of ideas. I would expect it from Californians though

I don't generally break speed limits either, and tend to drive at or just below the limits. But to block traffic on purpose?? Not a smart move, especially since most of Arizonians carry guns Plus you run the risk of car damage.
    I only do this when people tail gate/rev @ me, its how i acknowledge people who are bothering I, =X still not a good idea i know but i find it better then just bolting off or moving out of the way, if people follow not to close and dont provoke me. i tend to drive a lil over the speed limit. I just get annoyed when people are really impatient when i am already slightly speeding, or when people just try to race.
    Although i tend to turn a blind eye @ damage i've alrdy been rearended in my Trans Am by someone when i was driving down a back road, went to make a turn wham bam slammed and spun in circles. So i dislike tailgaters especially if they dont pay attn, figure if you slow em down less chance of heavy dmg
    To the guns =X road rage to a new level, note to self stay out of Arizona =X

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    x2. While i am a Drag racer by heart..my car's suspension is nearly fully built and my shocks and springs are designed for handling..and once i tap into the front suspension it will be set up to hit the corners well ........and then go to the track ..slap on some meats and let the front end pop up and hit mid 60ft with my 4.xx gearing and 4k stall

i do agree with superlum. tho..the f body does have some slop to it in corners when you are in hot...BUT can be made to handle extremely well and much more predictable ...i believe i will have a watts link replace my panhard bar down the road. my car will have a identity crisis
    lol the uncertainty of it all is what makes it fun

Quote Originally Posted by Draik View Post
    I only do this when people tail gate/rev @ me, its how i acknowledge people who are bothering I, =X still not a good idea i know but i find it better then just bolting off or moving out of the way, if people follow not to close and dont provoke me. i tend to drive a lil over the speed limit. I just get annoyed when people are really impatient when i am already slightly speeding, or when people just try to race.
    Although i tend to turn a blind eye @ damage i've alrdy been rearended in my Trans Am by someone when i was driving down a back road, went to make a turn wham bam slammed and spun in circles. So i dislike tailgaters especially if they dont pay attn, figure if you slow em down less chance of heavy dmg
    To the guns =X road rage to a new level, note to self stay out of Arizona =X
    I can understand that completely. I tend to slow down more with tailgaters, not to irritate, but to minimize damage if they slam into me. The way people drive anymore scares the crap outta me. I primarily stick to back roads and light traffic hours because of it.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I can understand that completely. I tend to slow down more with tailgaters, not to irritate, but to minimize damage if they slam into me. The way people drive anymore scares the crap outta me. I primarily stick to back roads and light traffic hours because of it.
    it's because you are old jonesy

it's because you are old jonesy
    Always getting the jab in

It's owning these classic cars that make you paranoid. They have grown to outragious prices now to the point I'm a little nervous to take them out.

I don't worry much if someone wiped out another of our 4th gens,,,I'd just use the drivetrain for a retro swap in a classic car

My car had almost completely aftermarket suspension as well, and I dialed it in. It might have been a combination of the live axle and the weight of the car, but I just didn't enjoy driving it. I like my car light and easy to throw around as well as predictable. All my Nissan needed was a set of coilovers and that's it... and an LS1 of course.

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

Thats the MO of an American Sports car. They don't go around corners well they do it in true flamboyant, smoke rippin, V8 Beast unleashed, Heavy fat pig American style!!! lol Oh wait I thought we were talking about Mopars or MOPARTS as I like to call um. Or MOsheet metal is MO fitting. lol

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by JaycenK View Post
    Thats the MO of an American Sports car. They don't go around corners well they do it in true flamboyant, smoke rippin, V8 Beast unleashed, Heavy fat pig American style!!! lol Oh wait I thought we were talking about Mopars or MOPARTS as I like to call um. Or MOsheet metal is MO fitting. lol
    Do not blaspheme Mother Mopar or some little old lady in a Super Stock Dodge wil rip yer doors off as she goes flying by...
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information