Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

what are my chances

so this guy i know has been talking trash about how much faster his car is and how he would pull 5 car lengths in a quater mile he has a 2005 LS2 GTO k and n intake and dual slp loudmouths A4 i have a 2001 camaro ls1 M6 loudmouth exhaust, lid, and lotsss of suspension work. how much would he really pull on me if i hit my shifts good

2000 Trans Am

It will probably just be a drivers race. He makes more power but hes got more weight. Just run him and see what happens.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

It will be close if you can drive. But only way to know and tell is to race.

black
    1998 transam ws6

just race and see.

PEWTER
    2001 TRANS AM WS6

Me and a buddy of mine are .01 off in our times he has headers high flow cat m6 04 gto with drag radials Im a m6 ws6 ta with a lid and a borla cat back drag radials im runnin 13.1 at 108mph. It should be a drivers race.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY View Post
    Me and a buddy of mine are .01 off in our times he has headers high flow cat m6 04 gto with drag radials Im a m6 ws6 ta with a lid and a borla cat back drag radials im runnin 13.1 at 108mph. It should be a drivers race.
    Yes it should be but ls2 is better than ls1

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

Race and see, misshift and he'll be correct on his prediction. Keep in mind that he's making maybe 420 with his mods vs. your 330+. Your advantage would be the suspension and hopefully a better launch vs. the Goat. Anything can happen, hell he might sit and spin and leave you wide open.

Artic White
    1999 z28 camaro

For you it will be all in your launch. I have raced my friends 06 goat and he hooks and takes off. While I was spinning. From a roll he has the slightest edge and this was when both of us was stock, and both a4's. With him being mostly stock and your mods I say u get him by a length or half a length.
    Hedman torque stepped headers, muffler delete, k&n air filter

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

allow me to be the first to say he'll beat you.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

As said depends on your shifts, if you lose it's not your cars fault.

White
    1998 Trans Am

It should be a drivers race since he is heavier and you have some suspension work and without a tune the a4 is trash in a race. My friends z28 would walk me until I got the tyranny tuned and raised the shift points if changes the way the cars drive at wot. Also with the GTO using 3.23's I am guessing that is another killer in the 1/4 compared to when I swapped mine to 3.73's on my TA . Do I would say he has the HP advantage but not anything you shouldn't be able to compensate for with good driving. Go race him I am curious since most 6.0 GTO's around hear have a lot more mods so I am waiting to go goat hunting after the 3200 stall and cam to even the playing field. I'll try to vid some soon as everything is in an tuned in a week or 2.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

hmmm i bet you could take him if you can launch and shift. but it will be like maybe 1 car length

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY JERZY View Post
    LS2 = 50+ more hp over LS1 plus 35 lb/tq and higher 6600 rpms vs the 6250 in the LS1 (GTO speaking).

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    It should be a drivers race since he is heavier and you have some suspension work and without a tune the a4 is trash in a race. My friends z28 would walk me until I got the tyranny tuned and raised the shift points if changes the way the cars drive at wot. Also with the GTO using 3.23's I am guessing that is another killer in the 1/4 compared to when I swapped mine to 3.73's on my TA . Do I would say he has the HP advantage but not anything you shouldn't be able to compensate for with good driving. Go race him I am curious since most 6.0 GTO's around hear have a lot more mods so I am waiting to go goat hunting after the 3200 stall and cam to even the playing field. I'll try to vid some soon as everything is in an tuned in a week or 2.
    Wrogn! GTO's do NOT use 3.23, they use 3.42. Yes, all of them, not an option, all GTOs come with the 3.42 rear, manual and automatic. Also, the 05/06 gets a better tranny than the F-body LS1 and the LS1 GTO. It doenst have quite the same issues with torque management and coupled with the 3.42 gears and the higher RPMs of the LS2 he should walk away from the Camaro. I am saying it will probably be close at the 60' and then the GTO ahead by .2 at the 1/8 and then .3 to .4 at the finish......no whear near 5 cars though......lol .5 seconds is roughly what, 1.5-2 cars at the finish?

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    hmmm i bet you could take him if you can launch and shift. but it will be like maybe 1 car length
    I dont think so. I am picking the GTO. If he has drag bags ($110/1 hour mod) he will hook up and be gone. He SHOULD be in the 12s if he can drive and hook up decent.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    I dont think so. I am picking the GTO. If he has drag bags ($110/1 hour mod) he will hook up and be gone. He SHOULD be in the 12s if he can drive and hook up decent.
    im just basing that one what i have seen personally. i raced an ls2 gto at the track with LTs and full exhaust. i was full bolt ons with my 3.42s still in. we both launced good but i beat him several times

.5 seconds is roughly what, 1.5-2 cars at the finish?

Depends on how fast you are going.

Just race em' and find out. Dissecting the cars really doesn't show anything. On paper is one thing, on the street is entirely different.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

LS2 = 50+ more hp over LS1 plus 35 lb/tq and higher 6600 rpms vs the 6250 in the LS1 (GTO speaking).

Wrogn! GTO's do NOT use 3.23, they use 3.42. Yes, all of them, not an option, all GTOs come with the 3.42 rear, manual and automatic. Also, the 05/06 gets a better tranny than the F-body LS1 and the LS1 GTO. It doenst have quite the same issues with torque management and coupled with the 3.42 gears and the higher RPMs of the LS2 he should walk away from the Camaro. I am saying it will probably be close at the 60' and then the GTO ahead by .2 at the 1/8 and then .3 to .4 at the finish......no whear near 5 cars though......lol .5 seconds is roughly what, 1.5-2 cars at the finish?

um what ?

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

traction traction traction ..the car is a 13 second car as it sits ...so man up and race him...he wont be putting lengths on you by any means...maybe 1 car length max...as long as you shift right..also worth noting...the higher you take it the more your gearing my help

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    .also worth noting...the higher you take it the more your gearing my help

Uh oh, this is going to turn into another one of those,,,,,"I raced to 150 but the guy was a panzy because he let off" threads....

Black
    1999 WS6

I'd put money on the GTO in front at the end of the 1/4...just my $0.02
    1999 WS6 - Black - 414rwhp 401rwtq w/o NOS
    632rwhp 577rwtq with HSW 250shot NOS

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    um what ?
    Both launching and running to full potential the GTO should win. In saying that I figure this will be within 2 cars at the end of the track and 2-4 mph.

But the camaro could win, not saying it wont happen but all signs point to the GTO winning. A well driven F-body though is nothing to sneeze at. Equal launches the GTO wins but if the camaro can get a good launch he could be neck and neck or pull out the win.

Either way just race and hace fun.

Thread Information