Thread: Autocross

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

Autocross

I had my first ever autocross yesterday and figured i would share the outcome..... my best time was a 47.023 and the best time of the event was a C6 corvette that ran a high 41. I had a great time and people were more willing to help unfortunately on my last run a lost it on a shift to 2nd and got a DNF.. any other f body autocrossers? and what set ups are you running i had ZERO traction in the rear

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

I autox for fun, I will never be "competitive". Best way to keep the rear in check is get better tires and a rear sway bar. After adding some stiffness to the rear my car is a lot safer in oversteer situations. Try throwing some weight in the trunk to help out. I recall when I had 80lbs of mortar in the trunk, the car hooked a lot better

If you want to master the car learn the quirks it has now. The biggest mod is the driver. When you can let an experienced driver take your car and not beat your time or close to it, it's time to mod more.

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

ive got front and rear sway bars, adj. panhard bar, lca relocations, lowering springs, bilsteins, and sub frame connectors. I think some race tires would have made a world of difference in my times.

Red
    2002 Chevy Camaro SS LE

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    If you want to master the car learn the quirks it has now. The biggest mod is the driver. When you can let an experienced driver take your car and not beat your time or close to it, it's time to mod more.
    I agree with the above comment. The loose nut behind the wheel has the most opportunity for improvement. Seat time and getting advice / help from knowledgeable drivers are a great way to improve. Unless, you are unusual being humble and asking for help will be required to get significantly better.

I really like autocross and made several mods to my car, noted in my sig. I run Street Mod Street tire and my car is more capable than I am, but I am slowly getting better.

It sounds like you have the basic mods to make the car fun and do fairly well.

If you have specific questions feel free to PM me. The FRRAX website and Sam Strano are two additional resources I utilize with excellent results for autocross information.

Good luck, I am glad to see another person enjoying autocross.
    02 Camaro SS, 35th Anniversary Limited Edition #1021, 6-speed, T-Tops, 345HP SLP option, CME, 3.73's, J&M LCA's, UMI 3-pt SFC's, Strano springs, KONI SA's, Strano 35mm front sway bar, Hellwig adjustable rear sway bar, Hawk HPS, UMI adjustable PHB

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

I can only think of two reasons people don't like auto x
    1. Doesn't last longer
    2. Haven't tried it yet

Red
    02 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    I can only think of two reasons people don't like auto x
    1. Doesn't last longer
    2. Haven't tried it yet
    Well it lasts longer than I do