Navy Blue
    2001 Camaro SS

99-04 GT Vert vs my 01 SS M6

Well I was heading to work on the highway listening to the radio when I noticed a car was just sitting next to me. I looked over and it was a 99-04 GT vert and the kid was looking over at me...I actually couldn't help but to laugh at him. He jumped on it (auto) and I was in sixth...I looked up ahead and noticed there wasn't any cars for a couple hundred yards so I dumped it into 3rd. We'll I reeled him in like we were connect by a bungie cord and pulled up and passed him @ about 110. Then I backed off because I figured I proved my point and of course he kept on hammering along....because he was the big winner in his real fast car.
    I caught up with him later at the tolls, he had to pay and I have EZ pass so I rolled out right behind him. Well he hammered on it (I guess) and I had to keep backing off the throttle so I didn't run into him...no place to pass. Anywho when we were doing around 90 or so I pulled in real close even though he was trying to get away just to prove my point again.

I had never raced a GT of the same model year before and new I would be faster but didn't realize how much faster. I guess alot, huh?

Kimball

01 CAMARO SS M6 NBM...Pacesetter LT, SLP Hiflows, Eibach Sportlines, Magnaflow catback, KN FIPK, SLP SFC's

99 K3500 4x4 350fi - Flowmaster 50's -295/70/17 Terragrappler on Black H2 wheels

Artic White
    1999 z28 camaro

The only thing those stangs have going for them is that they do sound nice. But that is about it

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

Haha nice kill man. I agree with some of them sounding nice but I really dislike stangs. I mean if he really just wanted to race for fun or hear your car or something fine but... The fact that he kept on it is stupid. Something a ricer would do lol.

I had a stang incident like 3 weeks ago. Was cruising on the highway with my girl (car freak like myself, granted loves camaros more haha) and a white mustang v6, like '08 or something came up behind me and just passed me going like 90-95 consistently. I don't have a radar detector yet and have had my share of tickets but never going higher than 86 so... I'm afraid to start a race already 25mph over the speed limit ya know? I mean... It wasn't even worth it for a non gt however I still tried getting him to look or start at 60 but whatever. So eventually my girl talks me into it, I drop to like 4th from 80 and do a nice 130 flyby in 5th then let off. He kept going but I caught him way down the road at a light and was going to say something smart ass but when we rolled our windows down he actually said "man, I ain't got NOTHIN' for that car. That thing is beautiful.". I just said thanks, gave him a nice rev, and followed suit. That sorta thing is respectable. :P . Granted a gt would have perhaps at least tried to race but when they just drive "fast" I always think they're assholes. Like that dumb fart canned focus... Ugh whole other story haha
    Last edited by Ant71130; 10-12-2010 at 12:05 AM.
    2002 Black/Ebony M6 WS6: Lid, Filter, Smooth Bellow, P&P TB (!Bump Stop), Magnaflow Cat-Back (dumped after the axle), 4.10s, Hypertech ME Tune, eibach springs 4/4, LCA relocating brackets, PHB, free mods, 17" TTMs.

Navy Blue
    2001 Camaro SS

Yup he was sure staring at me like he had something for me. Not sure if he knew better or not. The annoying thing was he was just willing to go faster then me. The first round I reeled him in after he took off before me and passed ahead at around 110 and I figured that was fast enough. Then when we rolled through the tolls he just kept going after I hit fourth and backed off. Obviously if he was in a Cobra it would be a different story...still looking forward to racing one of those.

I agree though...I truly hate mustangs

Thread Information