dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Jetta, lightning, and the good ole' SS

i was cruising home last on highway 9 west just minding my own business when i pull up behind a lightning and a VW jetta that are cruising side by side. i noticed that the jetta was toying with the lightning when all of a sudden i hear them take off. naturally i punch it to stay up with them and i just climed up on the jetta like he was sitting still (even thought it sounded as though he was floored) after a few pulls they stop when the vw get owned by the lighting every time. so i pull up to the lightning to see what he has got and we take off from a 55-60 roll or so and i just waxed his ass by about 4 lengths at about 80-90. wanting to be the nice guy i slowed down to see if he wanted to run at his sweet spot and of course i got a huge YES!!!!
    we ran from a 30 roll and that was even worse for him i had almost 6 lengths by 70 or so... im thinking HELL ya by this time

about 5-10 miles later after the lightning had exited the jetta comes up and asks if i wanna run so i figued WTH not he says hold on and let me turn my bottle on of course i let him. a few seconds later we were at it and that wouldnt even be considered a race i would consider it rape

he just hit the brakes and took the next exit maybe next time he will know NOT to mess with a LS1 car

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Silly 4 bangers

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Must be a Jetta thing,there is a guy I work with that has one,dude has spent like 14 grand on that car.says he will beat my t/a,been quiet lately though,burned up his turbocharger!lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

The older turbocharged Jettas sport a 1.8L engine and one of the smallest turbochargers to ever be put on a mainstream production car. You would be hard pressed to get over 200whp running over double the factory boost with supporting mods. Not impressive, not competition.

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

yeah but i really woulda thought that the lightning would have done way better seeing as though it was super charged

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    The older turbocharged Jettas sport a 1.8L engine and one of the smallest turbochargers to ever be put on a mainstream production car. You would be hard pressed to get over 200whp running over double the factory boost with supporting mods. Not impressive, not competition.
    Lies I have seen them make 204 and even 207whp with the stock turbo.

Black
    1999 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    yeah but i really woulda thought that the lightning would have done way better seeing as though it was super charged
    390HP from what I know about them. 0-60 in about 5.2, but its a truck.
    One thing I could never understand, if you want to go fast then why the hell would you buy a 2 ton anchor to drag around behind a nice powerplant?
    I asked myself that same question when we bought the 08 TBSS.. Nice to have 400HP, but dragging all that weight with it sucked.

As for a Jetta...I have no comment. I don't think the OP mentioned if he had a fart can on it or not, maybe if he had he would have won. Everyone knows those fart cans add mega HP to everything they're installed on.

Nice ass kickin you gave them all.
    1999 WS6 - Black - 414rwhp 401rwtq w/o NOS
    632rwhp 577rwtq with HSW 250shot NOS

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by kevnstac View Post
    390HP from what I know about them. 0-60 in about 5.2, but its a truck.
    One thing I could never understand, if you want to go fast then why the hell would you buy a 2 ton anchor to drag around behind a nice powerplant?
    I asked myself that same question when we bought the 08 TBSS.. Nice to have 400HP, but dragging all that weight with it sucked.

As for a Jetta...I have no comment. I don't think the OP mentioned if he had a fart can on it or not, maybe if he had he would have won. Everyone knows those fart cans add mega HP to everything they're installed on.

Nice ass kickin you gave them all.
    yeah he had a can it was all "riced" out that and 2,000,000 stickers all over the car (not the ones that you get when you actually buy the stuff but the wal-mart knockoffs)

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

ive never ran against a fast lightning...im sure there out there. but they are just to heavy unless they have seriously decked out there truck.

pulley'd, intake, exhaust. whatever else they do to push 500+ horsepower and i smashed it in the face with my dads GTO stock at the time.
    cool trucks just not impressive

good kill!

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post

Heres a pretty good detail of the lightning......http://www.trucktrend.com/roadtests/..._overview.html

Thread Information