Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What to do?

Cardinal Red
    1999 Trans Am

What to do?

Got a bozo buddy who is always downing my 99 LS1 TA. He just bought a 09 Mustang Saleen, and keeps gripping about put my money up so I can see what a real car is about. He is going on and on about 570 HP from the factory, etc etc. The pics he sent are here.

The specs on my car are pretty much bone stock A4, with a shift kit, 1 7/8 Kooks Longtubes, Y pipe, NO CATS, and borla muffler, SLP Lid.

I want to run him just for shits n giggles, but of course he wants to do it for money, but won't go to the track cause that costs money. We even have a nice bridge to do it on that is just shy of exactly 1/4 mile.

Thoughts and opinions please. FWIW I am the more experienced driver in this scenario.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

What are you looking for as far as thoughts exactly???

You have 200+ less HP. You will lose.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

He is going to beat you while spinning in every gear. What stage shift kit you got? I ask because the firmer ones tend to bark the tires harder and actually hurt e.t.
    The only way I could see you winning in the 1/4 would be with dr's and unfortunately (at least on the track) the stock stall won't handle it. Quickest way to beat him is a small wet kit.

Ray Charles blue

Let all the air out of his tires......you will win.

He has a fast car, no shame in losing to a faster car my friend.

Time for heads, cam, intake, tune, 3.73 gears, and maybe a power adder. If not you will go down faster than a girl at her first kegger in college.

Black
    1999 WS6

I look at the car and I say race him, if this is in fact the car he is talking about. He's probably got 350HP by the looks of the aftermarket Steeda CAI. No intercooler is visible, I call complete bullshit.
    I think its a S281 with a CAI and Borla exhaust, not an extreme version. I see no S/C in these pics. Looks like your typical generic piece together Mustang.
    Blow his ass away and grow some balls and call him out.
    I have more then that at my wheels in my 09 Mustang and looking under the hood, he is definately missing what is needed to be pushing 570.
    Once again, I call bullshit.
    P.S. In case I'm blind, bet small $$$$ LOL.
    1999 WS6 - Black - 414rwhp 401rwtq w/o NOS
    632rwhp 577rwtq with HSW 250shot NOS

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

If its doesnt have FI, meaning supercharger/turbos it isnt making 570hp with the 4.6 3 valve in it. If it doesnt have FI ask him if the sales man is where he got his 570hp information lol. I had a dealer tell me a charger r/t would have walked my 2000 T/A because they make 500hp and have lighter CHROME!!! rims lol.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

If he doesn't have a supercharger on it, you should race him. I've beaten them before, and I'm assuming they didn't have the supercharger on, cause I've won. Same thing as a 40k Roush. Nice car, but without the supercharger, different animal. Put $50 on it, and let us know what happens. Get your tires good and sticky, and let er rip.

Black
    1999 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    If he doesn't have a supercharger on it, you should race him. I've beaten them before, and I'm assuming they didn't have the supercharger on, cause I've won. Same thing as a 40k Roush. Nice car, but without the supercharger, different animal. Put $50 on it, and let us know what happens. Get your tires good and sticky, and let er rip.

He is right. The Roush Stage 1 and Stage 2 are cosmetic only, unless privately modded with a blower and run 315HP.
    Same goes for the Saleen models. They may have some tuning upgrades to give them a bump over stock, but without a blower, there is NO way this guy is making 570.
    He's blowing smoke up your ass, I suggest you run him and show him you're not scared. I'd bet once called out, his tune will change.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Looks like a high Intake Plenum and not be a supercharged and its stupid putting saleen supercharged on the intake when its not, but i see no belts or pullies looks like its just intake and exhaust unless its underneath the intake elbow and its hard to see. If thats the case i would race him and should be able to pull on him.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

Black
    2002 TA WS6 M6

I wish this guy was talking shit to me. I'd bet high and gut his ass. lol. It's a GT with a little roush package.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Am I seeing things? Or is that something else? It kinda looks like it to me? But I don't know Ford for shit either

Silver
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    Am I seeing things? Or is that something else? It kinda looks like it to me? But I don't know Ford for shit either
    Click for full size
    Isnt that the belt tensioner or are you jokin

Do all saleens have that three color paint job on the hood? 1 is orange-yellow next school bus yellow then black?

Ray Charles blue

Hrm....if it was a power adder why is it not plumbed up to the TB? lol

I am calling BS on this guy now. I didnt look at the pics very closely the first time around.

Smoke his A$$!

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

even if supercharged, i really dont think he would be making 570 with the stock super charger being the 4.6. I think u will get him. Go race him get on video win or lose post on here. Good luck!

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by LS1_ws6 View Post
    Isnt that the belt tensioner or are you jokin
    I was being serious I have no clue what these 4.6's are like. I thought the roots style s/c would be under that and get air through the upper thing on it. Idk crazy idea.

Anyways, run him OP!!

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

i would tell him to race at the track...if he has all that power(which i am kinda leaning on no S/C but that is a pretty high lookin intake so it could very well be
    and i can not tell if that pulley is the S/C or idler lol

...but if he has ALL this friggin money to buy that nice ford pickup and SUPERCHARGED SALEEN then tell his cheap ass to fork out 15$ for a track run
    he probably doesnt want to race a track because he wont know how to launch at the track. i say a 60' time of 2.5 or higher lol
    to me most mustangs owners are bullshit

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

yes it is supercharged. just looked it up and it is the supertard mustang.

track race him and beat him at driving skills.

2011 Genesis coupe 2.0T

I'm pretty sure that has a supercharger. It looks like a clone saleen though because there are no numbers on the front bumper to show that it is a real saleen, no saleen badge on the fenders, and doesn't have a saleen bodykit

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

How about he just has a saleen intake? However figuring out if it is or not was only a google search away.

IS supercharged. If he cant driver, smoke his ass or pray he misses a gear. However id go back and check since you now have this information.
    Last edited by 95camaroZNC; 09-22-2010 at 10:24 PM.

Cardinal Red
    1999 Trans Am

He added another pic
    Last edited by str8poolbanger; 09-22-2010 at 11:33 PM.

Thread Information