Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What to do?

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

There is definately NO FI there.. Unless they're ozmosing thier FI from some work bench I just see a HAI. Or hot air induction..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

^^^uh, look again at the pictures. SC is in under the intake.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    ^^^uh, look again at the pictures. SC is in under the intake.
    I'll be honest I have no idea about Fords.. I still don't see it even tho I just noticed it says, "supercharged" in red lettering..

Strange! I don't even see a pully.. Wierd setup?? Gear driven?? I'm lost
    Last edited by Smittro; 09-23-2010 at 02:35 AM.

2011 Genesis coupe 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    I'll be honest I have no idea about Fords.. I still don't see it even tho I just noticed it says, "supercharged" in red lettering..

It's a twin screw supercharger instead of a roots like roush or a centrifugal like vortech

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by garner View Post
    It's a twin screw supercharger instead of a roots like roush or a centrifugal like vortech
    Thank you sir! Dam Fords!

silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

OK i just talked to one of my mustang friends and he says that is a pieced together something or another that is a supercharged 4.6 its not a saleen because it has a roush front bumper and the rest is a stock gt seems like a turd like most mustangs and if it claiming 570hp its not putting that to the wheels just go have some fun beat that ass!

Black
    1999 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by REVNORR82 View Post
    OK i just talked to one of my mustang friends and he says that is a pieced together something or another that is a supercharged 4.6 its not a saleen because it has a roush front bumper and the rest is a stock gt seems like a turd like most mustangs and if it claiming 570hp its not putting that to the wheels just go have some fun beat that ass!

That's what I've been saying, its pieced together, except of course that I didn't think it had a blower. I'm still looking for the intercooler tank actually.
    This car does not look like a factory Saleen and if his engine isn't forged and he pounds it,he will drop a rod with those numbers. The 4.6 rule of thumb is stay at 500 or less at the crank unforged and you'll probably have an engine that holds up awhile.

If he is making 570 (and he definately could be with a twin screw) I have a TVS2300 on my 4.6 but the engine is forged. Stock form on my P-51B Roush is 625 at the crank on 15psi of boost and 90mm S/C pulley. Easy as shit to upgrade to 73mm pulley to push 18.6 psi and tune to put 725 at the crank. I know they advertise 510HP all over the place, but they pretty much guarantee that to the wheels so if he has a blower, the 570 at the crank is probably an easy fact even with the safest of tunes to drop off boost.

Now that I am enlightened, you will keep up pretty close with him until about 60 because he will be spinning all the rubber off his tires, but when he grabs traction he will either leave you sit like a cheating girlfriend, or blow his engine while racing. From 60 and up, these TVS2300 or twin screw Mustangs WILL walk away from a newer Z06 down the highway.
    I say get N02 and give yourself a fighting chance. A 150 shot may help for a few seconds anyway.
    I would now think twice howver, especially if he is asking to put up large green$$$. Sorry...and good luck with this one.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    Am I seeing things? Or is that something else? It kinda looks like it to me? But I don't know Ford for shit either
    Click for full size
    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post

See? I was right!

Black
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE

He wants you to put your money up because he needs the money to make that car payment. Not a bad looking Stang but needs a hood, a color change and a hardtop. Does your bud look like Sonny Crocket? (Think that was his name..ie..Don Johnson in Miami Vise, never watched the show but it was big to some back in the day).

Black
    1999 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by MeGoFast View Post
    He wants you to put your money up because he needs the money to make that car payment. Not a bad looking Stang but needs a hood, a color change and a hardtop. Does your bud look like Sonny Crocket? (Think that was his name..ie..Don Johnson in Miami Vise, never watched the show but it was big to some back in the day).

LMFAO...that was priceless.
    1999 WS6 - Black - 414rwhp 401rwtq w/o NOS
    632rwhp 577rwtq with HSW 250shot NOS

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by kevnstac View Post
    That's what I've been saying, its pieced together, except of course that I didn't think it had a blower. I'm still looking for the intercooler tank actually.
    This car does not look like a factory Saleen and if his engine isn't forged and he pounds it,he will drop a rod with those numbers. The 4.6 rule of thumb is stay at 500 or less at the crank unforged and you'll probably have an engine that holds up awhile.

If he is making 570 (and he definately could be with a twin screw) I have a TVS2300 on my 4.6 but the engine is forged. Stock form on my P-51B Roush is 625 at the crank on 15psi of boost and 90mm S/C pulley. Easy as shit to upgrade to 73mm pulley to push 18.6 psi and tune to put 725 at the crank. I know they advertise 510HP all over the place, but they pretty much guarantee that to the wheels so if he has a blower, the 570 at the crank is probably an easy fact even with the safest of tunes to drop off boost.

Now that I am enlightened, you will keep up pretty close with him until about 60 because he will be spinning all the rubber off his tires, but when he grabs traction he will either leave you sit like a cheating girlfriend, or blow his engine while racing. From 60 and up, these TVS2300 or twin screw Mustangs WILL walk away from a newer Z06 down the highway.
    I say get N02 and give yourself a fighting chance. A 150 shot may help for a few seconds anyway.
    I would now think twice howver, especially if he is asking to put up large green$$$. Sorry...and good luck with this one.
    570 at the crank...compare to the LS1 with his mods being around 400 at the crank(guessing). Add 150 shot and he said he's the more experienced driver. I say go for it, it may be a good race, it probably will be fun. If it doesn't work out, as someone else said...there's no shame in being outrun by a faster car but if it does...give him hell forever and post the kill story. Just sayin'

Torch Red
    2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1

Wow! Okay, let me enlighten you guys, because you obviously have no clue what you're dealing with.

First, that is NOT a Saleen vehicle. Most likely, it's just a Mustang GT with some Lemans stripes, and Roush body kit.

Second, it is indeed supercharged. That is a Saleen twin screw 2.3 supercharger that runs about 8lbs. of boost on a stock 4.6L 3V motor.

Third, that setup is good for 475 flywheel horsepower, so the buddy fibbed a bit on the power output. See below.

2005-09 Mustang GT Saleen Supercharger Kit . It has a unique inverse design and open bends coupled with twin screw blower assembly, pushes air directly into the combustion chamber. It is compact, lightweight and highly efficient, the blower housing, assembly and intercooler in one compact unit nestles neatly in the valley between the heads. Maximum air flow with less than 8 lbs of boost - less engine stress and heat.

2.3L Twin Screw Saleen Supercharger Head Unit - Pre Oiled
    3.87 Inch Pulley - 7-8 PSI
    Saleen Intercooler
    Air Box Top
    Air Inlet tube - uses stock mass air meter
    39lb Injectors - 8
    New Serpentine belt
    All lines and hoses are included in this kit
    Fits 2005-09 Mustangs Auto and Manual
    475 Flywheel HP - Around 410 Rear Wheel HP
    450 Flywheel Torque - Around 400 Rear Wheel Torque
    2003 Torch Red Ford Mustang Mach 1 5-speed
    FRPP Aluminator 32V Long Block + Kenne Bell 2.1
    657 RWHP 635 RWTQ @16psi on 93 Octane
    Custom Tuning by Tillman Speed

Black and Gold
    03 Ford Mach 1

First of all, you can not look at that picture and tell how much HP it has, mine looks the same and I'm running a Brenspeed stage 2 kit which is 500+ HP, I'm running 3.6 pulley (came with the kit) and it is my DD, he could have a 3.4 or 3.2 pulley. If he can drive he will whip your tail, I would run him for fun but no money. the 426 was at 5500rpm, I was checking A/F it was still climbing and mine redlines at 6600RPM.
    2012 Shelby GT500 DD

08 GT/CS Vert 426/430 a couple of bolt ons. (sold)
    03 Mach 1 Black and Gold (sold)
    33 Ford 5 Window
    57 Chevy

Black and Gold
    03 Ford Mach 1

The intercooler tank is located on the passenger side shock tower!

2011 Genesis coupe 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by TRMach1 View Post
    Wow! Okay, let me enlighten you guys, because you obviously have no clue what you're dealing with.

First, that is NOT a Saleen vehicle. Most likely, it's just a Mustang GT with some Lemans stripes, and Roush body kit.

Second, it is indeed supercharged. That is a Saleen twin screw 2.3 supercharger that runs about 8lbs. of boost on a stock 4.6L 3V motor.

Third, that setup is good for 475 flywheel horsepower, so the buddy fibbed a bit on the power output. See below.

2005-09 Mustang GT Saleen Supercharger Kit . It has a unique inverse design and open bends coupled with twin screw blower assembly, pushes air directly into the combustion chamber. It is compact, lightweight and highly efficient, the blower housing, assembly and intercooler in one compact unit nestles neatly in the valley between the heads. Maximum air flow with less than 8 lbs of boost - less engine stress and heat.

2.3L Twin Screw Saleen Supercharger Head Unit - Pre Oiled
    3.87 Inch Pulley - 7-8 PSI
    Saleen Intercooler
    Air Box Top
    Air Inlet tube - uses stock mass air meter
    39lb Injectors - 8
    New Serpentine belt
    All lines and hoses are included in this kit
    Fits 2005-09 Mustangs Auto and Manual
    475 Flywheel HP - Around 410 Rear Wheel HP
    450 Flywheel Torque - Around 400 Rear Wheel Torque
    That's not a roush bodykit, only custom things on the exterior are the shelby wheels, side scoops, chin spoiler, and stripes. He could've swapped pullies and built the motor so he could be making that much

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

raced him yet?

Cardinal Red
    1999 Trans Am

he wants a 500 bet which i wont put down so now according to him im the b*itch

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

So do ET's with him. Call your's something like a 12.8-13.1 (whatever you think) and his a 12.2 or whatever...get yourself a second head start and take his money...(numbers are for reference only...I've got no idea but you get the idea.

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

hes the bitch for not wanting to race at the track lol.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

What a dick. get a nos kit,tune,and kick his ass. Then you'll get half your money back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information