Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    hey all I ran into this "kid" (19-20) while at lunch. He actually came up and ask if I was the one that spanked him last week? I looked a little puzzled I guess then he points to his Fit (I'm still laughing inside). I almost choked on my burger when I saw it. His long story goes that he thought I was one of his buds that had got a Firebird and that they constantly race one another. So that's why he wanted so bad to go for it.

I told him mine is not a Firebird and if his bud loses to him he needs to give it to me because it desperately needs a driver mod. He asked what gear I was running, told him the first time it was just in 4th, the second I started in 3rd then into 4th. He then asks.........wait for it.................."Are you running ................Nos?

My reply was all engine man. You got beat by all engine and I wasn't even trying that hard. I let off because I didn't want to hurt your feelings. <<more inside

I then told him - here's some friendly advice " don't believe wholeheartedly the Fast & Furious movies. It takes 1000's of dollars to get muscle cars to run 10 seconds. Even more for tuner cars. For every car you beat today, another guy is waiting to beat you. Educate yourself on your car and educate yourself on your competition. Otherwise you come off as an ignorant douche bag.

after that it was a polite goodbye and off he went.....
    Sounds like you handled it well, laughing inside instead of at his face. Good job! Some people just need an education, that's all. I have done it many times with ricers at work the past 10 years, one 5 mile drive in Too Fast and they have a whole new appreciation for V8 and RWD. Especially after I tell them I can get over 28 MPG highway.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

haha thats funny op what a pathetic ricer. Atleast you spanked him, why didnt you drop it into 3rd at 65 and 2nd at 50 to really put lengths on him?

Yellow
    67 nova

Haha that ricer got what he deserved I have a twin turbo 427 nova it's a sleeper I love blowing away pussy's but a fit that's just pathetic
    Last edited by Twinturbs4fun; 09-16-2010 at 10:10 AM.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Should have told the kid to try his luck with the mid 90's 4.6 mustang gt verts,with a auto they were 15.20 cars in the quarter.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I don't think it could have taken my wife's Jeep or Irocs Iroc

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Lol,maybe he should try racing it at go-kart tracks!
    Posted via Mobile Device

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Twinturbs4fun View Post
    Haha that ricer got what he deserved I have a twin turbo 427 nova it's a sleeper I love blowing away pussy's but a fit that's just pathetic

good lord that must be scary beastly got pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    The fit is such a piece of shit. I don't understand why anyone would buy one in the first place, let alone turbo one.

I remember reading "Honda Tuning" one time when I was bored, and they did some stupid Fit k-series swap. It cost like $8,000 and it ran something like a 14.9. Ricers are stupid.

The Fit is such a piece if shit, that it actually got out-braked from 70-0MPH by a Ford F-Series SuperCrew King Ranch in a Car and Driver test. Now thats just plain pathetic, a tiny 2500lb car getting outstopped by a 6000lb truck.
    Are you really surprised that a full size diesel truck brakes better than an econo-car? The brakes on a Fit are tiny and designed to stop a small car. The brakes on that truck are designed to stop it sometimes carrying or towing many tons of weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinturbs4fun View Post
    So you ride around like this Chevelle...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wXcgq9s3Iw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wXcgq9s3Iw[/ame]

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    Are you really surprised that a full size diesel truck brakes better than an econo-car? The brakes on a Fit are tiny and designed to stop a small car. The brakes on that truck are designed to stop it sometimes carrying or towing many tons of weight.
    Are you serious??

Yea, you're damn right I'm surprised, and appalled.

A full size truck like the F-Series Supercrew weights a few tons, and is not designed to stop on a dime. Its designed to tow and haul weight safely, but short stopping distances are not is priority, safe and reliable stopping is it's goal. Its not a track vehicle

The Honda Fit is a 2500lb car, which in todays world, is light as a feather. It should be able to stop very easily in a short distance. However, in typical Honda fashion (cheap) they put substantially undersized brakes on the car, causing it to have poor braking performance and be deemed basically unsafe. No surprise there, only an idiot would think its acceptable for a 2500lb compact to get outstopped by a 3 ton pickup truck.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Well the ram 2500 has 60-0 in 136ft no bad at all, most 98-02 f-body reviews are around 125-130ft. not too far off our sports cars. Trucks are made to stop, the generally have big brakes, i even heard the new chevy hd will have a jake brake.

A huge amount of braking comes from tires, and im willing to be they dont put the best or widest on a fit since the stock tires are 195s.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 09-20-2010 at 10:16 AM.

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Well the ram 2500 has 60-0 in 136ft no bad at all, most 98-02 f-body reviews are around 125-130ft. not too far off our sports cars. Trucks are made to stop, the generally have big brakes, i even heard the new chevy hd will have a jake brake.

A huge amount of braking comes from tires, and im willing to be they dont put the best or widest on a fit since the stock tires are 195s.
    still though it works completely against common sense, stick a F350 next to a Fit and logic would tell you that the fit should rape the truck when it comes to braking, def not the other way around. Just out of curiosity does anyone know how the breaking distance of a sport compact like a mini cooper s or golf gti compares to that of trucks?

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by LeadFarmer View Post
    still though it works completely against common sense, stick a F350 next to a Fit and logic would tell you that the fit should rape the truck when it comes to braking, def not the other way around. Just out of curiosity does anyone know how the breaking distance of a sport compact like a mini cooper s or golf gti compares to that of trucks?

Yes the truck is bigger and double the weight, but it also has double the brakes, bigger better, the fits rims are what 13s,14s? cant fit much rotor/caliper behind that and as i said earlier ALOT of stopping has to do with tires.

The GTI and mini S are in a completly different league than the fit, they are almost double the price. Fit is 14,000 msrp, mini S is 23,000, GTI is 23,400. Compare it to the aveo or yaris would be much closer in price and performance. The aveo 60-0 best is 127ft so pretty close.

Oh and most of the reviews for the fit put 60-0 at 123ft-133ft, almost dead on with a 98-02 f-body. So idk where this idea that they cant stop came from.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 09-20-2010 at 01:48 PM.

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

The GTI and mini S are in a completly different league than the fit, they are almost double the price. Fit is 14,000 msrp, mini S is 23,000, GTI is 23,400.

Oh and most of the reviews for the fit put 60-0 at 123ft-133ft, almost dead on with a 98-02 f-body. So idk where this idea that they cant stop came from.
    I realize they're in a different league but they're of about the same size/weight so I'm just curious what the difference is/ what the potential of something like a Fit could be with better brakes.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by LeadFarmer View Post
    I realize they're in a different league but they're of about the same size/weight so I'm just curious what the difference is/ what the potential of something like a Fit could be with better brakes.
    Check a Lotus for that. Stops on a dime. Not talking about super high dollar Lotus, I mean the 4 cyl version.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Check a Lotus for that. Stops on a dime. Not talking about super high dollar Lotus, I mean the 4 cyl version.
    Lol thats all of them except for the evora. Even the 4cylinder N/A lotus are still 50k+

Arctic White, red/gray

The fit S and ford king ranch both say 70-0 is 196ft on motor trend website.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Lol thats all of them except for the evora. Even the 4cylinder N/A lotus are still 50k+
    Thought it was the Evora, but couldn't remember for sure. Thanks!

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Thought it was the Evora, but couldn't remember for sure. Thanks!
    Yes, that beast gets a toyota stamped 3.5 liter v6 from a camry. I'm excited to see what new direction the CEO of lotus was speaking of. He said the company and its cars will start to become different from what they are now. Right now they are all about low power, light weight amazing handling cars but they did have some great engiens back in the day. The 3.5 liter twin turbo v8 for example and they designed the heads for the LT5 so its not like they dotn have the talent.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 09-20-2010 at 02:12 PM.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Yes, that beast gets a toyota stamped 3.5 liter v6 from a camry. I'm exited to see what new direction the CEO of lotus was speaking of. He said the company and its cars will start to become different from what they are now. Right now they are all about low power, light weight amazing handling cars but they did have some great engiens back in the day. The 3.5 liter twin turbo v8 for example and they designed the heads for the LT5 so its not like they dotn have the talent.
    Oh yeah, forgot they put the 3.5 in. They used to use the 1.8 supercharged/turbo'ed 4 cyl.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information