Thread: New aquistion

Red
    98 Trans Am

New aquistion

Well I aquired a 2000 Chevy Malibu with a 3.1L V6. Got it for $200. All I gotta do is replace the intake manifold gasket and it will run like new. Only 99
    Ive seen a few body panels for cheap on ebay to update its exterior. Ive alreay found a good sport muffler to make it sound beefer without having the typical "honda" muff everyone puts on everything else. New D&S rotors and Hawks performance pads. A cold-air intake.
    Is there anything i can do to the motor for more hp? I know its only a little 3.1L but hey, its a little DD car that i want to have a little different. Its gonna be my winter car while the birdy sleeps now

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

$200? What kind of overall condition is the car in?

Red
    98 Trans Am

Its actually in pretty decent condition. Im in Germany stationed in Bamberg so cars get tossed around for cheap all the time. We had an idiot here working on 3rd gen camaro trying to build it up here and coudnt get it running and pass german inspection and had to JUNK IT!! He even had offers of $2-3000 for the whole car 2 weeks before he had to ship off and he just didnt get it done and instead of having money in his pocket, he donated it to the US government were it was parted it and the body is now in the stripyard awaiting crushing poor maro.
    As for the Malibu, its still in running condition. The original owners just didnt have the money to get it fixed and didnt want to deal with it. So there were gonna junk it, but i got it and now im gonna do the Intake manidfold gasket swap. (thanks GM)Pics will follow soon.

Red
    98 Trans Am

Finally got pictures of it. couldnt find my camwera for the manifold gasket replacment but it was a success

Thread Information