Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

00 Z28 vs. C5 Coupe vs. C5 Z06

Ok, these are two seperate races, but I figured I'd knock 'em out in one post. They each happened within the last 2 months, both around 2 weeks apart. My power mods at the time, were a K&N open filter intake with functional ram-air (WHOOO! not), and unknown LTs, catted Y, Borla muffler. Car ran damn rich, sometimes it would roast 'em through second, sometimes it would barely wanna chirp one tire... needed a tune (and still does). A4 with 2.73s as well.

Me vs. Red C5

I have no clue whether or not it was a 6 speed or automatic. Not sure of the year, but it was a removable top coupe. Car had 30 day tags on it. Guy driving was wearing a buton up shirt, atleast mid 30s with a lady riding. I usually don't like to play on the street anymore, but I've yet to ever run a vette, so I tried to egg him on Half the reason being, because his girl looked at my car like it was an '88 yugo There is a break on I-95 where its over a 2 mile stretch with no places for cops to sit. I figured he would bite as soon as we went under the over-pass and, and passed the last median. I look in my rear-view mirror, and see him shoot out to my driver's side. I immediately hit it, while doing 70mph. As I see him start to pull past me, I'm thinking "damn, he's got me..." But as I wind out second gear, I stop his pull, and we're door-to-door. The trans didn't wanna shift, and bounced off the box two quick times, before it went to third, yet I still kept side-by-side. Went into 3rd, and started to barely pull past him. We shit it down at 125 with his front bumper somewhere around my rear 1/4. At that point, I didn't care what it was, those are the races that I LOOOVE! The close ones!
    So I let off, he does the same as he passes me, and he gets over into the far right lane, I remain in the center. As I pull up next to him to give him a thumbs up, he's already waiving his! What made my day was to see the jaw drop on the lady riding with him, like she just saw a ghost. Priceless

Me vs. C5 Z06

So not even 2 weeks later, my girl and I are coming down a local 4 lane road, when we come up to the last light before the speed limit runs up, and flat, straight road opens up. I see a Z06 coming up to my left, and am thinking "Wonder how bad this'll be". So I let him pull up beside me, real cool guy, asked him what he had, if he was spraying, etc. He said it was completely stock (even though it was loud as hell), and that he recently got rid of his '06 GTO that he was spraying 150 to, so that he could purchase his newly acquired vette. I told him sweet, nice car indeed, and asked if he was game. He gave a big grin and said sure, whaddya wanna do? Light turned green, I said 30mph roll, 3 honks, maybe it won't be so bad and yes, I laughed
    As soon as I begin to honk, he starts to slightly roll faster, so on the third honk we punch it, he's already a car out, and he put 6 cars on me by the time I came out of second around 90-95mph. Yeah, I got straight owned.

So I'm 1-1 for the vettes on my old setup. I'm still curious to know what all he had done to it. I mean damn, 6 cars and pulling hard ahead by 100mph? Thing was nice tho...

Artic White
    1999 z28 camaro

Good kill and respectable death.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post

So I'm 1-1 for the vettes on my old setup. I'm still curious to know what all he had done to it. I mean damn, 6 cars and pulling hard ahead by 100mph? Thing was nice tho...

the LS6 stock are putting down right around 380ish untuned...

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    the LS6 stock are putting down right around 380ish untuned...
    ^ that is crank tho correct ?

OP ..the reason you got walked is 1. He is lighter than you by a good amount

2. Has more power than you.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    ^ that is crank tho correct ?

OP ..the reason you got walked is 1. He is lighter than you by a good amount

2. Has more power than you.
    no... to the wheels... they are rated @405hp but are acttually sitting around 430-440hp at the crank...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

and don't forget he weighs a few hundred lbs less and is geared better...

98' trans am

no... to the wheels... they are rated @405hp but are acttually sitting around 430-440hp at the crank...
    production z06s ?? how can a ls6 intake a 243 heads get 440 to the crank?? i dont doubt you ryan...i am just really perplexed

98' trans am

i have seen 340-350ish to the floor average on ls6s which would make more sense to me personally..

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Thats way high, the ls6s i know of on local dynos are about 350-365whp.

Black
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE

You need to get rid of those granny gears. Either way, good reads.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

production z06s ?? how can a ls6 intake a 243 heads get 440 to the crank?? i dont doubt you ryan...i am just really perplexed
    different cam in them as well...

i have seen 340-350ish to the floor average on ls6s which would make more sense to me personally..
    they mor than likely were the first breed ls6 that was rated at 380hp...

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Thats way high, the ls6s i know of on local dynos are about 350-365whp.
    no that is not way high... and here's my proof below on my LS6...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

forgot my sig to go with my dyno tune...

Arctic White, red/gray

forgot my sig to go with my dyno tune...
    Well you had a couple bolt ons and tuning so thats not stock.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Well you had a couple bolt ons and tuning so thats not stock.
    right... but as you can see i didn't pick up all that much from my tune (but that may be a result from the previous tune)... also the OP isn't tuned and pissing fuel out the exhaust... it's not much of a wonder why a Z06 pulled on him as much as it did...

Arctic White, red/gray

right... but as you can see i didn't pick up all that much from my tune (but that may be a result from the previous tune)... also the OP isn't tuned and pissing fuel out the exhaust... it's not much of a wonder why a Z06 pulled on him as much as it did...
    So if you ls6 was bone stock o na stock tune it would probably have put out 360whp? what do you think? 360whp isnt horribly uncommon for ls6 but 380whp is.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

So if you ls6 was bone stock o na stock tune it would probably have put out 360whp? what do you think? 360whp isnt horribly uncommon for ls6 but 380whp is.
    i could see around 365-370 or so... i don't think just a cat back and a lid (all i had at the time besides the previous tune from my cammed ls1) would add up very much...

98' trans am

i could see around 365-370 or so... i don't think just a cat back and a lid (all i had at the time besides the previous tune from my cammed ls1) would add up very much...
    that previous tune very well could have helped a lot. You got your engine crate..tho right ? i know the ls1 crate motors you could get were rated a little higher than production ls1s..like 10-15 i believe

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

that previous tune very well could have helped a lot. You got your engine crate..tho right ? i know the ls1 crate motors you could get were rated a little higher than production ls1s..like 10-15 i believe
    yeah... crate ls6... 405 hp rating... the only difference in the crate ls1's is the years of priduction...but their numbers ar all basically the same for each year...

SOM
    2002 SS

everyone needs to remember that there are NUMEROUS types of dynos out there. Correction factors can all be manipulated and so can input specs like weight etc (Mustang dynos). Not calling BS on the 380 rwhp but imo you are dreaming if you think you make more than other similarly modded c5zs.

on the corvette forum where there have been threads for years the c5z stock were dynoing anywhere from338-350 rwhp STOCK.

Good kill and death Op. I think if the c5z rolled you and got on it first its always going to be worse than it should have been if it was an even hit.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 5abivt View Post
    everyone needs to remember that there are NUMEROUS types of dynos out there. Correction factors can all be manipulated and so can input specs like weight etc (Mustang dynos). Not calling BS on the 380 rwhp but imo you are dreaming if you think you make more than other similarly modded c5zs.

on the corvette forum where there have been threads for years the c5z stock were dynoing anywhere from338-350 rwhp STOCK.
    so my mustangdyno & sae corrected dyno tune print out is lying to me... well shit... i hate it when that happens...

and PS. how many troll accounts do you need???

Thread Information