Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Red
    99 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    We used to race outside the city limits at this industrial park well we thought we ok because city cops wouldn't come out there,everything was cool for a few weeks until one night when a count deputy sheriff showed up,thank god no body was racing at the time,he said we had 15 minutes to leave because he was coming back with a 15 passenger van and talking all of our asses to jail.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Were you racing right across the street form montgomery motor sports park?

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Not this time,I have raced over there 1 time,never again.this incident occured out at Kershaw on highway 80 right beside I 85.this was back in 98-99.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Red
    99 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    Not this time,I have raced over there 1 time,never again.this incident occured out at Kershaw on highway 80 right beside I 85.this was back in 98-99.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Gottcha, I watched a few times down there saw some good races, but I always joined in with the birmingham racing crowd. It was pretty good in bham till the bush blvd. crash. Since then it has been dead around here!

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Where ya from? I am from montgomery,but I don't street race anymore,married and have a "real job",
    Posted via Mobile Device

black
    2000 trans am ws6 a4

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    One of the more amusing ones for me:

Most of you may know that I hail from Los Angeles, the Mecca of Street Racing from the 80's on back.

Well, 1 night as I was heading home northbound on Alameda (I was coming from a friends house in Wilmington) coming up to Mansville (which parallels the 91 on the south side) I decided to see if anybody was hanging out. Sure enough, there were a half dozen cars hanging out on the east side of the run (the launch pad). I was in the 67. At the time it had a 12.5:1 427, TH400 with 3500 stall and 4.10's in the 12 bolt. Mid 11's all day long.

Turn's out a rube with a early 80's ElCo with a 350 bites and agrees to race for a C note. We lock it up and get parallel on the street and do a burnout. We see headlights turn down the street from Alameda so we wait for the car to pass us before we run. DAMN! It's Carson Sheriff!

He passes us going the other way and hooks a U-turn and gets behind us. The ElCo was in the outside lane (closest to the curb) so he turns into the 1st driveway (The whole area is industrial). I was in the 2nd lane. I putter on, lane change to the curb lane and the County Mounty lights 'em up! I pull over into the parking lane like an obedient citizen.

He gets out, comes to my drivers side and asks, "License, registration and insurance card." I produce all 3. He stands there for a bit and says, "You know, I've got to give you a ticket for something cuz I called this in. I saw you 2 doing a burnout but you didn't race. Tell ya what how about 'Double Parking'?" Both of us busted up laughing. I was 35 at the time and he was about my age. Technically he was correct as I was sitting (not moving) in the fast lane when he went by going the other way.

He wrote the ticket ad also cited me for CVC5200 (no front plate).

Guy with my $100 beat feet so I lost the $$$ also...

I'll wait and see who else posts. Turns out I've got a book full of these kind of stories, like the time I was part of a 191 ticket bust...
    if you were in dallas/fort worth,the cops would have issued an exhibition of acceleration for sure.you got lucky.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information