Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Part 2: The Bust!

As stated the cops blocked all exits. I'd been there a total of maybe 30 minutes. Turns out the guy video taping the races was collecting evidence. Pretty slick if you ask me.

Folks scattered like cockroaches when the lights are turned on. Actually, even though I was part of it it was sorta comical...

They get on the horn and tell everybod to go stand by their cars. We comply. They tell everybody to get into their cars. We comply. They tell us to start our engines, and drive to the west side of the street where we are to get into a single file. We comply. Mind you I was at the start line so I end up close to the back of the single file line.

As I'm sitting in line (maybe 1/2-3/4 mile from the start line), a group of cops comes up to my car. They play the "Good cop, bad cop" routine with me: "Come on admit it. We've got you on tape. Just admit that you'd raced somebody tonight" - "Dammit dude we got you dead to rights. You're busted". I'm majorly FREAKING out cuz I was just watching. I tell the cops (maybe 1/2 dozen of 'em) I was not racing as one of them is playing the tape back. Turns out somebody else had a primered 67 Camaro with an orange cowl hood besides me. Eventually the guy with the replay camera admits that it's not me and they leave me alone without so much as a "Sorry we fucked with your mind like that"...

Meanwhile they were loading all they cars they'd caught on camera on roll back wreckers (impounding the cars) and taking all involved (12 cars and 12 drivers) to jail. Additionally they caught 3 folks on parole violations.

As it stood, the cops were tossing all the cars and asking for ID, registeration and insurance info and busting those that didn't comply. Besides which EVERYBODY got a ticket for "Aiding and abbeting a street race" regardless of whatever else they got.

Right about 4:30am it was my turn (yeah, it took roughly 3 hours to get to the head of the line and I wasn't the last car by a long shot). They asked for ID and I produce all relevant info. They toss my car and find nothing. I get a ticket for "Aiding and abetting..." as well as the good old" CVC5200: No front plate" (you see how I know it by heart - I got about 30 citations for that particular infraction - it was a bitch when I got it for me 1st 67 cuz it was a "black plate" car and all I had was the 1 plate - fortunately it ws a "fix it" ticket so no points).

Grand total for the night: 12 cars impounded; 15 people taken to jail and 191 "Aiding and abetting" tickets handed out that night... It was close to the last time I ever checked out the scene...

I proceed to drive home....

Continued in Part 3: Court...
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 08-27-2010 at 06:57 PM.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

Part 3: Court...

We all end up at Compton Superior court at the same time, all 191 of us. Talk about your bureaucratic SNAFU's. The public defenders office was overwhelmed by the number of folks who showed up to see what their fate was. They ended up putting us 8 each to 1 PD.

Public defender asks, "Did you touch any of the impounded cars? Did you put fuel into them? Did you know the people driving them?" NO on all 3 counts in my (and most others) case.

The folks I ended up with included a husband and wife along with their 2 kids. The judge was reducing all "Aiding and abetting a street race" tickets (low grade felony) down to "Disturbing the peace" (misdemeanor) which was a $50 fine. Dude tells the judge that he has to pay for the wife and kids also. Judge gives them the "family discount" rate of $35 each. What he didn't tell any of us was that the $50 fine also included an $85 court cost ($135 total fine). I paid with a credit car. husband and wife team was right behind me in line. He about shit when he learned that the total fine for him, the wife and the 2 kids came to $480 when he thought it was only $140.

That was the biggest "street racing" bust I'd ever head of or been involved in. Quite the experience.
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 08-27-2010 at 11:48 PM. Reason: proof reading for errors....

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

To all you others: TOP THAT MOFO's!

Every part of that is true and verifiable thru court (as well as other) records...

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

I can't afford to get nailed out here. What might have gotten you a ticket in the 90's will get my car crushed today

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    I can't afford to get nailed out here. What might have gotten you a ticket in the 90's will get my car crushed today
    I hear ya! It was a far different scene when I was a young man (70's to 90's - or my early 20's to early 40's).

I've got more stories but that last one was the all time biggest and best of them all.

These days I keep it on the track. Fortunately for me there are 2 1/4 mile track's within 40 miles of where I currently live...
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 08-27-2010 at 07:30 PM.

Red
    2002 Z28 Camaro

This isnt a race bust but its worthy i think....

it was last year 4 of july and i had my 2002 z28 for about a month(it was all stock but still the fastest and nicest car at my school). I was at a buddies house with a bunch of people just hanging out at about 2am around a fire.. we all had been talking about my car just doing burn outs and shooting fireworks at eachother when some one drives by my buddies house and throws out a ton of fireworks.. the started blowing up and shooting everywhere so i look at one of my friends and said "get in the car lets catch these bastards" so we get in and kick it sideways out of his driveway blow through two stop signs(it was way out in the country where i have lived my whole life) getting up to aroung 130 or so and caught the car so i start flashing my brights, honking my horn, and swerving all over the road so they would stop... buy this time my buddy saw a car coming up pretty quick and i thought shit im going to jail... but we the car gets close we see its a crappy old ford torris and thought we were just fine but it stayed on out tail going 60 for about 2 miles and flipped his lights on... as my heart sank when he pulled up beside me he pulled over the other guy too.. he got back to my car and ask for my stuff and said" what in the f*ck are u thinkin" and walks back to his car and talks to the other guys and gets the story about the fireworks and comes back to the car and turns out the car was some of our friends that just got a new car.. well then he asked" what would u have done if they had a gun?!?" and then started talking to us about what grade we were in and what school we went to so we told him that we were senior football players for Tri High.. and he said" No shit thats were i went do u all play football" my buddy said" ya im the fullback and hes the QB" and he started talking about our coach... after he got done with that he asked if we knew why he wait to pull us over "i was calling for back-up cause u were pulling away from me at 120 and my car kept shuting off" then he let us go and told us to kick some ass that year in football haha

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

Did you mean Ford "Taurus"?

Red
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Just picking fun on fords lol

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

I hear ya...

Red
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Well i cant talk to much i did just get beat my a v6 mustang ... but my buddy that owns it has a supercharger and triple what i paid for my car in his

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

Quote Originally Posted by Coydawg6 View Post
    Well i cant talk to much i did just get beat my a v6 mustang ... but my buddy that owns it has a supercharger and triple what i paid for my car in his
    "Speed is just a question of money. How fast can you go"...

Bonus points if you know the origination of that quote.

And no fair googling it...

Red
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Nooo i cant think of it but i know ive heard it!!

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

Nooo i cant think of it but i know ive heard it!!
    The car in the movie had a supercharger on it....

Red
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Damn... i had to look it up! Mad Max.. i knew that haha i just havent seen it in years( even though it did come out 12 years before i was born haha)

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Damn... i had to look it up! Mad Max.. i knew that haha i just havent seen it in years( even though it did come out 12 years before i was born haha)
    I see you got roped in by old fart trivia.. jk

Red
    2002 Z28 Camaro

yes i did haha...

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    I see you got roped in by old fart trivia.. jk
    OK. Do you know what I was talking about????

You ain't exactly a "spring chicken" yourself there son...

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

I saw it when it was 1st run in the theater back in 78...

FWIW, I'd already completed 4 years of military service when it came out...

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    OK. Do you know what I was talking about????

You ain't exactly a "spring chicken" yourself there son...
    I was thinking Mad Max but was'nt for sure.. The "super charger" part did it for me.. But again, was'nt sure.. Oh, and I'm officially 36 and holding as of March 29, 2009..

Red
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Ya i just turned 19 haha so ya'll got a few years on me..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information