Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: '90 5.0 Stang

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Sounds like a nice build. Don't see alot of nice Fox bodys around anymore

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    congratulate him on the win, and then tell him it took a supercharger to beat a NA LS1.
    Except that it doesn't, and only a ricer would make an excuse like that. Why not genuinely congratulate him and say, "Nice car, man!" or something similar. Then, he might think you're a decent guy rather than a sore loser.

White
    09 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold View Post
    Except that it doesn't, and only a ricer would make an excuse like that. Why not genuinely congratulate him and say, "Nice car, man!" or something similar. Then, he might think you're a decent guy rather than a sore loser.
    This is great advice! I have made friends after a race, and I have met some sore assholes, I meant losers, don't be the latter.
    09 G8 GT, Custom Grind Texas speed (Comp Manu) cam 112deg., Ported Throttle body, Kooks 1 7/8 Lt & cats,magnaflow, Circle D stage 2 trans & stall,D.O.D. removed .660 Double valve springs some LS7 parts sprinkled in 4 good measure, etc.

White
    1998 Trans Am

While fbodies are fast stock cars and quick with just bolt ons. If your starting with nothing a notch back 5.0 is hard to beat for a budget build track car. I spent almost as much on my headers, ory, and catback as I did for a powerdyne super charger when I had my 89 GT. That was a long time ago but they are still a cheap fast car but I love the handling and comfort of my 98 TA compared to my 93 5.0 LX convertible.
    Far as a race I have beat 5.0's in my TA and had my ass handed to me by a few it's all about fun and American muscle cars.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold View Post
    Point taken. I wouldn't say it in an obnoxious way, tho I could understand how on the internet it might look that way.

Quote Originally Posted by 8th Wonder View Post
    This is great advice! I have made friends after a race, and I have met some sore assholes, I meant losers, don't be the latter.

As have I.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJM View Post
    While fbodies are fast stock cars and quick with just bolt ons. If your starting with nothing a notch back 5.0 is hard to beat for a budget build track car. I spent almost as much on my headers, ory, and catback as I did for a powerdyne super charger when I had my 89 GT. That was a long time ago but they are still a cheap fast car but I love the handling and comfort of my 98 TA compared to my 93 5.0 LX convertible.
    Far as a race I have beat 5.0's in my TA and had my ass handed to me by a few it's all about fun and American muscle cars.
    +1!

Our Firebird club, the last 5 years, has opened our cruises to other clubs, like a local Mustang club, Mopar, Impala SS.

Thread Information