Red
    1999 Trans-Am WS6

Two in one night

I'm heading home the other night and I'm just cruising on the highway enjoying the nice weather when a 04-08 Mustang roars up next to me. Sounds healthy, might have headers and a cat-back, though I'm not familiar with the newer Mustang exhaust notes. Anyway, he honks his horn 3 times, so I drop it in 2nd at 60 and blow by him. I'm a bit surprised since I'm not all that modded. Anyway, we both exit at the same ramp and catch a light. It's a kid and his friend and the driver says "Let's do it from a D". I nod and decide to oblige. I launch at about 2000 rpm, spin the tires for a couple seconds then hook up and pull hard. By the time I hit 3rd, I've got about 3 car lengths on him. He turns off on a side street and I continue cruising home.

So I stop at a gas station for something to drink and as I do, this kid pulls up in an Integra. It's the typical import car driven by the younger crowd...body kit, aftermarket gauges, fart cannon. I'm outside on my phone and the kid gets in his car and waits. I'm thinking there's no way he wants to mess with me, but sure enough as I leave, he starts his cracker-jack car up and revs the engine. I'm just going real smooth and as I pull out, he pulls out to follow me. He does a FWD burnout, and I can't resist, so I pop the clutch and burn the 315 Nitto 555's out back a bit. So I turn onto the main road and he speeds up next to me at the light. "Wanna run?" He yells, a big grin on his face. At this point, I can't tell if he's messing with me or really thinks he has a chance. I nod and wait for the light to turn. I launch it at about 1500rpm and I pull on him immediately. I hear him bounce the rev limiter almost immediately and by time I've hit 60, I've got about 5 car lengths on him. I shut it down because I know the cops in my town are real dicks, and the kid does a ricer fly-by...of course. I cruise along real nice and he turns off. I still don't know if he really thought he could beat me or was just being a smartass.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Haha nice kills! that always good to go home after owning 2 cars.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Good job,sounds typical. Feels nice owning a muscle car.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Nice kills man
    Idk how people think that with 4 cylinders cars can kill a v8 muscle.
    I guess they are fans of "the fast and the furious " movies lol
    00 ss blk m6 " STOCK" strano springs, slp bilstein shocks, adj LCA, adj panhard bar, relocation brackets, 2 point SFCs welded,OEM zo6 rims black, magnaflow exhaust, CME exhaust,E/cutout, slp grille, custom front plate mount, HIDs, whistler mod, side moldings delete, slp air lid, ported and polished TB, strut tower brace, 3.73s gears, and some other parts to list!
    next to come,4.10s,ls7 clutch, ms3 or 228r cam, ported 243s, ls6 intake, ls6 oil pump. ls2 timing chain, longtube headers no cats, with a tune..
    02 tahoe Z71 blacked out
    00 jeep grand Cherokee limited on 22s.
    07 Dodge Charger R/T Inferno Red, Sold
    98 z28 red m6 sold
    07 zx6r ninja flat/black sold
    08 zx6r ninja sold

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by 98maro View Post
    Nice kills man
    Idk how people think that with 4 cylinders cars can kill a v8 muscle.
    I guess they are fans of "the fast and the furious " movies lol
    Some imports are really fast. For every fast one though, there are 100 or so that think they are fast.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

True that. But there's people that think that just by having the "body kit" on the car. It makes it faster and rhey feel like they can race anybody

I think. Evo, Sti, supras, and GTR, are nice and fast

Red
    1999 Trans-Am WS6

Hell yes it's nice having a muscle car! But yea, some people don't know what "fast" is. I don't normally mess with people on the street because you never know what they have under the hood, but when a kid with a fart cannon on his import decides to step up, I have to take them down lol

Thread Information