Arctic White
    2001 Camaro SS

Magnaflow Cat-Back

I just decided i'd write up a review for my cat-back.

I have had my Magnaflow cat-back for around a year now and I have been nothing but pleased. From the moment I opened the box, I was impressed. The entire cat-back is made of stainless steel and visible parts are made of a mirror finish stainless steel. Allthough the Magnaflow is a little more expensive, you really pay for what you get in this case. The company also offers a free lifetime warranty.

INSTALL:
    The longest part of the entire install (done with simple hand tools and jack stands) was the removal of the factory exhaust. That was also the most difficult part. After a friend and I got the factory exhaust off, the entire install took less than 30 minutes! All of the parts fit perfectly.

SOUND:
    It is not the loudest muffler in the world, but sounds very mean at WOT. At idle, it is just slightly louder than the stock muffler. The interior noise is absoutely perfect, there isn't much drone. I understand that when you add longtubes and get rid of the cats, it becomes very loud....I will find out in a few months!

PERFORMANCE:
    It seemed I picked up about 10 HP with the cat back. The Magnaflow is one of the least restrictive cat-backs on the market.

Feel free to leave some comments on this one! What do 'yall think about it? I know it is popular with people on this forum.

Thanks!

Matt

BBATCAR
    I have a Magnaflow muffler on the Stock WS6 pipes with Magnaflow tips... I like the way it sounds as well, no drone. The best part is as time goes on, the sound will gradually get louder and louder to a certain point, but not in the cabin.

At WOT it will sound way louder then stock, but again not in the cabin. I've had mine on for about 3+ years and it has reached its peak of sound, it ended up perfect for me...

Black
    2004 Grand Prix GTP

I had a Magnaflow installed on my '99 Z28 a few months ago. I've been nothing but pleased with it since I started it up the first time.

As always, opinion on exhaust tone is subjective. Here's my quick take on how it sounds. The tone is refined and very smooth. I'ts almost European and not as brash as other systems. I haven't heard any rasp at all. It's not overtly loud at part throttle...maybe a little more volume than stock. This is perfect for those that cruise the highways on longer trips where most systems might get annoying.

My last system was a Borla attached to an LT1 Camaro. That was definitely louder and had a fair amount of rasp with the shorty headers.

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

This is a Great thread! I will be getting my Magnaflow cat-back real soon

and im glad to hear that everyone likes theirs!
    1999 Camaro SS/ Pewter/ #1775 - LS1 6-speed - Predator 3 Custom Tune - Pro 5.0 - LS7 Clutch - 3.90's - Koni's - Strano Springs and Sway Bars - SFC's - Full UMI Chassis and Suspension - LS6 Intake PnP TB - ARH LT's and Kitty Ran Away - Magnaflow.

12.6 at 112

http://www.fquick.com/Tyler_LS1

Rally red
    2001 Camaro ss

I have a magnaflow catback also. I gained 10hp and 11.5 ftlbs of torque on the dyno with stock cats and y-pipe. 100% satisfied.

silver
    2002 z-28

i had an slp loudmouth on mine......and after a year it looked like shit...all rusty/.....ive had the magnaflow on for 3 and a half yrs now...still looks as good as the day i took it out of the box.......great investment...love the sound!

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by 2002Z View Post
    i had an slp loudmouth on mine......and after a year it looked like shit...all rusty/.....ive had the magnaflow on for 3 and a half yrs now...still looks as good as the day i took it out of the box.......great investment...love the sound!
    how could the LM system be all rusty?

it's constructed entirely of Stainless Steel which does not rust...

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

I thought that back when the LM first came out it was aluminized(SP) steel?
    idk maybe im wrong, but i know now it is stainless steel.

I dont even know how long the loud mouth has been around, but im sure if there was a flaw they must have fixed it.

silver
    2002 z-28

your asking me how the LM could rust ?....how the hell do i know......what i do know is when i took it off it was friggin rusty......that s all i can tell ya

Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

i like mine 2
    1999 Trans Am M6
    SLP Short Throw, Lid and CAI, Strano Springs, Koni Sport Shocks, BMR STB and SFC, UMI PHB, Pacesetter LT's and ORY, Magnaflow Catback, DMH 3" E-Cutout, LS7 Clutch, Motive 4.10, 160 T-Stat, MSD wires,, 17x9.5 Chrome C6's wrapped in Hankook 275/40/17

Tuned at Mongillo Motors in New Haven, CT - 303 RWHP and 308 RWTQ

Red
    2000 Camaro Z28

i just got home maybe 10 minutes ago from having magnaflow installed, i am very impressed. I wanted a quieter exhaust, but not too quiet when i give it some gas, and this is perfect.

Black | Black
    '07 Z06 | '98 WS6

I agree... magnaflow is a great catback... love the sound of mine

04 GTO QuickSilver
    95 MarkVIII wifey white

I did not know that there were that many of us Magnaflow cat backers. Before I purchased mine, I'd spend hours and hours researching and sound clipping and back and forth pondering on which to get. I wanted something louder than stock and on the 04 gto's stock was'nt too bad when getting on it but just needed something louder. Now, no one can bash the flowmaster's loud sound however, For the $$$ we spend on exhaust systems and flowmaster not having a stainless system, I had to go with magnaflow and I'm glad that I did. A stainless catback-easy installation-and I got a deal that was hard to pass up at the time. And yes they get louder as they break in. A purchase that I will never regret.
    04/A4 Quicksilver
    Magnflow catback-Resonator delete
    K&N drop in
    SAP front Grills and 05 hood
    Limo tinted windows-Gets me pulled over alot
    Diablosport Predator (RWTD) tune.

Thread Information