Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: killed an RX-8

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by mears_ls1 View Post
    true... its funny tho cuz now hes mad and wants his freind to race me. he has a stock 02 s2000. my trans am has a mass air flow, cat back magnaflow, and programed,.. but im not for sure the s2k is stock

when i had a LS1 in my car i raced a supercharged s2000 and beat it by about a car and a half... i wouldn't plac any money on a road course though... s2000's handle like their tires are made of glue...

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    why are people roll racing...stop being pussies and run from a dig people.
    It's not that easy to just stop and race the second you have a competent car next to you. It's also rare you meet someone at a stop light. And it isn't very easy to have someone follow you to an empty straight away.

Roll races are much more convinient and they show who has more hp, not who can drive. That's why people do them still. I don't think it makes you a pussy at all.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird0230 View Post
    It's not that easy to just stop and race the second you have a competent car next to you. It's also rare you meet someone at a stop light. And it isn't very easy to have someone follow you to an empty straight away.

Roll races are much more convinient and they show who has more hp, not who can drive. That's why people do them still. I don't think it makes you a pussy at all.
    yes..taking the driving out of racing is not pussy at all.

seems like the car scene cares more about the most horsepower and not who is the best driver...i dont care if a car has 1500rwhp ...if he/she has to ask to race on a roll because they cant hook..that is their problem.

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    yes..taking the driving out of racing is not pussy at all.

seems like the car scene cares more about the most horsepower and not who is the best driver...i dont care if a car has 1500rwhp ...if he/she has to ask to race on a roll because they cant hook..that is their problem.
    Hey man, if roll racing aint for you then it aint for you. No ones askin you to convert over but it seems the only place you can go to get a dig in is at the track. That's kinda how I like it anyways. Since I started going to the track racing on the streets is kind of just a bore anymore. The cops here promote safe racing instead of on the streets by handing out free passes for people under 25, Maybe other cities may want to consider this. There's family's out on the streets and it took me having a daughter to realize it. Roll racing can be fun but it's more for adrenaline uses to me.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Only warning guys chill and lets try to keep it on the topic.

Black
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE

Quote Originally Posted by RJWZ28 View Post
    Why? I think it is a great-looking car with a great chassis. It needs to be reintroduced as the MX-8 with the MazdaSpeed3 engine under the hood, IMHO. If I was rolling in dough, that car would be my choice for the import to pick up and stuff an LS7/T56 into.
    The roof line does nothing for me, I think it has to do with the mini-door to access the rear seats which extends the roof line. I liked the old RX7s or even a newer Miata style compared to the RX8. Different tastes is all.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by MeGoFast View Post
    The roof line does nothing for me, I think it has to do with the mini-door to access the rear seats which extends the roof line. I liked the old RX7s or even a newer Miata style compared to the RX8. Different tastes is all.
    ^ the rx7s look good. even tho now they look a little dated ...but the way the rx8 looks..i'll take a rx7

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

I'd love an RX8 for a daily, but we got winters so the whole 1.3L rwd with like 50ft lbs of torque thing wouldn't exactly pan out to well

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird0230 View Post
    I'd love an RX8 for a daily, but we got winters so the whole 1.3L rwd with like 50ft lbs of torque thing wouldn't exactly pan out to well
    true true

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

I think it is ridiculous that the RX-8 has such a capable chassis but such low power. I can understand the Renesis rotary as a base engine, but give me a break, the last RX-7s had a twin turbo model, why not the RX-8? It would be really cool to see an RX-8-based sports coupe with at least 250-300 hp and similar torque.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

I think it is ridiculous that the RX-8 has such a capable chassis but such low power. I can understand the Renesis rotary as a base engine, but give me a break, the last RX-7s had a twin turbo model, why not the RX-8? It would be really cool to see an RX-8-based sports coupe with at least 250-300 hp and similar torque.
    The reason mazda never made another turbo rotary IMO is gas mileage and reliability. These cars have to rev to 4-5k just to be driven on the street. The gearing is extreme, if they were to make another turbo rotary to keep up with todays sports cars it would probably get 20mpg freeway and 12 city. Not to mention the warrenty bills would pile up fast when customers with 30kmiles need a new engine.

FYI the twin turbo rx7 made 255hp, 217trq

Rx8 232hp, 185trq.

But the rx7 was way cooler and lighter.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 08-12-2010 at 05:52 AM.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post

this made me laugh for some reason.

The reason mazda never made another turbo rotary IMO is gas mileage and reliability. These cars have to rev to 4-5k just to be driven on the street. The gearing is extreme, if they were to make another turbo rotary to keep up with todays sports cars it would probably get 20mpg freeway and 12 city. Not to mention the warrenty bills would pile up fast when customers with 30kmiles need a new engine.

FYI the twin turbo rx7 made 255hp, 217trq

Rx8 232hp, 185trq.

At least the RX-7 TT had some torque though. I'm no rotary diehard, so I'd really like to see the RX-8 turned into an MX-8, with the 2.3 turbo from the MazdaSpeed3 dropped into the chassis. My thought on turbocharging the Renesis was only based on the notion that Mazda might want to keep a rotary car in their line-up. It's pathetic that Mazda's quickest car is FWD when they've got two rear-drive sports cars riding around on very capable chassis.

Arctic White, red/gray

At least the RX-7 TT had some torque though. I'm no rotary diehard, so I'd really like to see the RX-8 turned into an MX-8, with the 2.3 turbo from the MazdaSpeed3 dropped into the chassis. My thought on turbocharging the Renesis was only based on the notion that Mazda might want to keep a rotary car in their line-up. It's pathetic that Mazda's quickest car is FWD when they've got two rear-drive sports cars riding around on very capable chassis.
    What is the other rwd sports car other than the rx8?

The 2.3 turbo is a decent engine, direct injection with 9.5 to 1 comp ratio. But alot of people have oil problems with them. And mazda chose to have almost no aftermarket for the engine past bolt ons.

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

The RX8 does worse on gas than a 418 stroker motor with 4.10 gears.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

The 2.3 turbo is a decent engine, direct injection with 9.5 to 1 comp ratio. But alot of people have oil problems with them. And mazda chose to have almost no aftermarket for the engine past bolt ons.
    Miata. Fun little car, handles nice. You just forgot.

OP, nice smack-down to the RX-8. But like others say, don't try to beat him on a tight curvy race course.

I think you'd smack the S2000 almost as bad.

Some dumbass in a Durango SXT thought he'd try it against me yesterday on the way to work, I left him like he was going backwards, after I figured out he was serious when the light turned green. Yeah, it was a race from a dig, Shady. I'm no pussy LOL.

That's a funny statement

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post

OP, nice smack-down to the RX-8. But like others say, don't try to beat him on a tight curvy race course.

Some dumbass in a Durango SXT thought he'd try it against me yesterday on the way to work, I left him like he was going backwards, after I figured out he was serious when the light turned green. Yeah, it was a race from a dig, Shady. I'm no pussy LOL.
    Damn straight

Arctic White, red/gray

That's a funny statement
    Lol, if car makers cant show what there cars can do then how is anyone gonna know. Lots of car companies make, sell, install aftermarket parts on there cars. Noone really got intersted in these turbo mazdas for anything other than dds.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 08-16-2010 at 07:14 AM.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post

Your right i did, good ole miata. I will never own one but they can be quite fun to drive.

Thread Information