Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by TmaxicanA View Post
    FINALLY, found one in my car. i have mild cam/heads SFC 3"xpipe 3kstall stage 2 shift kit rear LCA 3.73 gears 26x10.5 ET streets with front runners. after the race i did not get the exact list of mods..seeing as he was kind of a d-bag flat billed hat cocked too the side g-unit kinda guy...all i get was "custom cat back exhaust" CAI tint and a comp cams custom cam(i thought they were OHC motors? lol) sounded lopey and mean. from a dig my car doesnt have enough of a stall so he got me until30 then i gracefully pass by him and stay ahead up too 120 which is end of my 3rd gear.

i put down 388 too the ground.

he said he has well over 500 too the axles yo'

not sure too the extent of his truth..thought id share my victory!..regardless of how unfair some people may think
    forgot too add, yes it was a 5.0 had the 5.0 badge ad engine bay looked NOTHING like 4.6
    what a tool.

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

that was my first thought when i saw the hat, maybe i stereotyped him...but i was right either way lol

BANGIN GEARS>STAB N STEER BLK2KSS's Avatar

TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

FINALLY, found one in my car. i have mild cam/heads SFC 3"xpipe 3kstall stage 2 shift kit rear LCA 3.73 gears 26x10.5 ET streets with front runners. after the race i did not get the exact list of mods..seeing as he was kind of a d-bag flat billed hat cocked too the side g-unit kinda guy...all i get was "custom cat back exhaust" CAI tint and a comp cams custom cam(i thought they were OHC motors? lol) sounded lopey and mean. from a dig my car doesnt have enough of a stall so he got me until30 then i gracefully pass by him and stay ahead up too 120 which is end of my 3rd gear.

not sure too the extent of his truth..thought id share my victory!..regardless of how unfair some people may think
    forgot too add, yes it was a 5.0 had the 5.0 badge ad engine bay looked NOTHING like 4.6
    gotta love the typical mustang driver... nice kill btw... I cant wait to catch one!

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

oh i have been dying too find one in my car...i even catch myself praying about it now and again lol but i wont be caught off guard next time so ill hopefully have a camera man with me

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

I highly doubt he had Comp Cams in it. The 2011 Mustangs warranty is voided by tuning it. He probably had a cold-air kit and axle back muffler kit. Sounded like he was FOS...

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

no doubt he was full of sheet. and im just taking a wild guess that drug money is how he afforded it. but it did have a nice lope too it (not misfire "lope")

if i have another opportunity too talk with him again i am def going to get more info out of him lol seeing as he is the only new GT with any mods that i have seen around here

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

I'm not really sure i buy the whole "seat time" thing, if your a good driver and hop into a new 5.0 you may not be nailing it everytime but a competent driver should have the car down I'd say within a week or so. All there really is to get down is where the car pulls the best from, how to turn tcs off, and where to shift if its a stick. Just my thoughts a competent driver shouldnt need months or even weeks to learn it.

91RS 99Z28 11GT 86Bronco

Theres no cams available for the 5.0 yet.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Thread title is simple have you raced a 2011 5.0? Keep it on topic folks or this thread gets killed. This is not another thread to debate the 2011 5.0.

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    there's a pile unbelieveable info out there on the new 5.0--- stuff that doesn't even make sense. like 115+mph trap speeds, 444 rwhp with just a CAI, exhaust and a tune, etc. give it a year or so on the streets and than we will see whats up.
    I have personally seen one of the local guys run a bone stock 5.0 GT into the 12s. He did a 12.9@110mph with a bit of wheel spin off the line, bone stock down to the tires and filter. This was with mediocre track prep and the temperature in the 90s. He also owns a race prepped fox body Mustang, so he knows how to drive.

The truth of the matter is every average Joe that buys the new 5.0 isn't going to be the best driver. If you can't shift properly and launch the car, it can easily be a 13s car or worse. This goes for every car. The fact of the matter is they do make decent power, and more than enough to outpace a average bolt ons LS1 F-body.

SOM
    2002 SS

I work at Ford and pass about 5-6 every day going and coming to work and I see a bunch of them always in the lot. Sooner or later I will run into them on a stretch on the way home in my new ss.

Right now I have Kooks LTs, Random tech high flow cats, B&B muffler, Tune, blackwing lid and thats it. I have Crane 1.85 rr's going in very soon too which should give me a tad more. In the near future I'll be thinking to do a emissions friendly cam with ported heads as well I wont be too worried then.

I know for a fact it wont be as cheap as an LS to do a simple cam swap. 5L owners have to buy 2 or 4 and labor will be a bitch. I expect the mag cars will be doing top ends but regular people on the street... nuh uh.

I was almost going to buy one. I just decided that an SS would look better beside the vette + its just a personal preference nothing to do with money. SOmething cheap and fun for a daily driver with an established aftermarket and huge potential in the LS1.

BANGIN GEARS>STAB N STEER BLK2KSS's Avatar

TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

Quote Originally Posted by redbird555 View Post
    I'm not really sure i buy the whole "seat time" thing, if your a good driver and hop into a new 5.0 you may not be nailing it everytime but a competent driver should have the car down I'd say within a week or so. All there really is to get down is where the car pulls the best from, how to turn tcs off, and where to shift if its a stick. Just my thoughts a competent driver shouldnt need months or even weeks to learn it.
    My thoughts exactly man. Put me in any car and I will at least drive it well enough to get a good race out of it with in like 10 minutes. Everyone is on the new 5.0s nuts so bad they gotta come up with these BS excuses after they get beat by a ten year old LS1!... sorry for all the smileys

91RS 99Z28 11GT 86Bronco

A lot of biased opinions here....

INB4 TransamWS6

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by ssgtcarroll View Post
    A lot of biased opinions here....

INB4 TransamWS6
    Some people mayb but I think the majority of everyone here knows the 5.0 makes more hp than an ls1 and is faster stock for stock and id love to have one. But its been proven many times over a STOCK 5.0 has its hand more than full by a full bolt on ls1 as theyve won the races between them, put bolt ons on the 5.0 and the ls1 falls behind. The 5.0 is also a couple hundred pounds heavier than our fbodys too so just my .02

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by redbird555 View Post
    Some people mayb but I think the majority of everyone here knows the 5.0 makes more hp than an ls1 and is faster stock for stock and id love to have one. But its been proven many times over a STOCK 5.0 has its hand more than full by a full bolt on ls1 as theyve won the races between them, put bolt ons on the 5.0 and the ls1 falls behind. The 5.0 is also a couple hundred pounds heavier than our fbodys too so just my .02
    Not a couple hundred, more like the same weight or 100lbs more which is 250lbs less than the new camaro. The new manual gt comes in a hair over 3600lbs, and there are loaded 4th gen f-bodys that weight 3600lbs aswell.

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Not a couple hundred, more like the same weight or 100lbs more which is 250lbs less than the new camaro. The new manual gt comes in a hair over 3600lbs, and there are loaded 4th gen f-bodys that weight 3600lbs aswell.
    I weighed my car in minus the spare plus me (180lbs) at 3600lbs even

Black
    1999 WS6

I ran against one tonight without my NOS on. We were at a red light, looked at it and the 5.0 on the front fender and I had to see just what he'd do so I gassed it up a bit to "get his attention". He jumped out first, I did all I could to try and catch him. By 70 I had to leave off, about 1 car behind him. He WAS pulling slowly away guys...

Not anything like last years model and it actually impressed me.
    1999 WS6 - Black - 414rwhp 401rwtq w/o NOS
    632rwhp 577rwtq with HSW 250shot NOS

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

Quote Originally Posted by kevnstac View Post
    I ran against one tonight without my NOS on. We were at a red light, looked at it and the 5.0 on the front fender and I had to see just what he'd do so I gassed it up a bit to "get his attention". He jumped out first, I did all I could to try and catch him. By 70 I had to leave off, about 1 car behind him. He WAS pulling slowly away guys...

and were you in the WS6? mods also?

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by kevnstac View Post

The new 11 gtt does weigh just a hair over 3600 abt 3650 iirc but my leather, t-top, fully optioned z comes in at 3420 so it is a couple hundred. And what were your mods? I agree stock for stock they are def. faster but a bolt on ls1 has been proven time and time again in the threads mentioned that it will pull a stock one.

2002 Camaro Z/28 Pewter

uuuggghh sorry hit the reply button I was going to add that I ran into one TODAY on the highway 5.0 on the side and everything he sounded and looked stock from 60 we went even start by 100 i had a length and a half on him still pulling. He was an auto.... Ended up being pretty funy because right before we went he was looking over at me shaking his head saying no and mouthed 5.0. lol he didnt say shit after he went down. They are not invincible guys fast yes but not unbeatable. I have bbk, lt's ory,lid, mac catback, free mods, p&p tb, and 3.42's in my a4.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information