Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Killed a 2010 SS today

This morning one of the guys I work with picked me up because I was supposed to pick up my Harley from the shop. After not getting the Harley we just went straight to work and after lunch he ran me by the house. I was a little pissed that I didn't have my scooter back yet so I drove the car hoping for a reason to have some fun and sure a shit it happened. I was pulling out of the neighborhood and one of the two new SS's was coming around the curve in back part of the neighborhood. So I waited a few seconds before I pulled out. He didn't ride up behind me like I was hoping but we wound up at the stop sign, me in front with him directly behind me. We got pulled out and at first he didn't seem to aggressive so I just eased into it through the first two curves. When the curves straightened out I pulled the shifter back into drive and tapped the throttle. He ran up on my ass after that. So I hammered it. It was a rolling start, about 20 MPH I guess. We ran to just short of 100 mph and I had him by about 2 lengths as we went into the next curve and slowed down. We got back down to 50ish and the road straightened back out. I rolled down my window and gave him a thumbs up. He did the same so I counted down 3,2,1 with my fingers and let it rip. We ran for about a half mile in a 50-on. I was about 4-6 lengths ahead of him when I had to start thinking about turning into the drive at work.

The dude pulled in behind me and was actually really cool. He rolled down his window and pulled up beside me while I waited on the gate to open. "Dude...I got nothing for ya!" was the first thing he said. I chuckled and gave the list in my signature when he asked what all was done to my SS. I told him his car was damn nice. We shook hands and said we'd see each other around. He waved and turned around leaving in a pretty impressive cloud of tire smoke. From our brief conversation he's driving a 2010 SS, red with white stripes and an automatic. A6 I guess that he said was bone stock with 500 miles.

He has a kick ass car, it looks amazing and he was pretty cool about it. I'm pretty happy with it. The last time I played with a new SS I couldn't be sure if the lady driving was giving it her all. This dude went "All-In" twice.
    Last edited by IH8EVRY1; 07-21-2010 at 02:52 PM.
    Y2K SS A4 Y2Y GU5: 12.96@106-SLP FLO PAC|P&P Stock TB | Pacesetter LT's | TSP Rumbler X Duals | B&M Trans Cooler | Rear Tubular LCA's w/ Relocation Brackets | Tubular PHB | SFC's | Diablo Sport Tuning

White
    09 Pontiac G8 GT

I love 2 here when people are cool. Next time u run across him, turn him on 2 tha site.
    09 G8 GT, Custom Grind Texas speed (Comp Manu) cam 112deg., Ported Throttle body, Kooks 1 7/8 Lt & cats,magnaflow, Circle D stage 2 trans & stall,D.O.D. removed .660 Double valve springs some LS7 parts sprinkled in 4 good measure, etc.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 8th Wonder View Post
    I love 2 here when people are cool. Next time u run across him, turn him on 2 tha site.
    Good call! Will do.

2002 trans am ws6

good kill, that's the type of person that i like to race and not the assh*** that gets pissed off cause he lost.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

Yeah, I like that kind of race too. I didn't rub it in his face and complemented him on a damn nice car. I like to think I'd have been that cool if he'd have burnt me too. I'm just happy my 10 year old ride is still rocking on like it is.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

I got to run a m6 a couple of months ago and i beat him. He was pretty damn suprised. Ahahhahahahaha glad to hear that he was cool

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Nice kill. Agreed on it being nice to race someone who is cool about it. Just wish more people were like that.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

nice kill! Nice to see that he was cool with it

White
    09 Pontiac G8 GT

When with a friend to Frost's 2 get a tune yesterday. Seen tha most badass 2010 ss. Hennessey s/c. This thing just screamed gtf out tha way. Great expeirence.

Thread Information