Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: fast intake

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 99ss View Post
    yeah i dont really know what im going to do because i got to get a house soon to and dont wan to have to sell the car after im done haha it would be a shame so for now i think a decent set of heads and intake with a k member will be just fine and just some paint and cleaning under the hood then get the other crap like the rear end and sfc lower and uper control arms and start adding power
    Didnt know you had plans on buying a house. In that case I wouldnt throw money into it now. If you have to sell the car, not only will you get fucked over on the resale value on the car (its got 134k on it) but you probably wont even get half the money you spent on the parts. Hoping nothing goes wrong when you add h/c to a 134k mile car, is like holding a gun to your head and hoping nothing goes bad once you pull the trigger. Something bad will happen, and then you will be back to square one. Not to mention, should you decided to get heads specifically for the stock 346, you cant use them on a 402/408 once your motor blows or something bad happens.
    "Life is to short to drive a slow car"

Gone but not forgoten: 1998 Pontiac Trans Am M6 "The Black Bandit"
    Bought- 11-18-05
    Sold- 10-14-08

White
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    Didnt know you had plans on buying a house. In that case I wouldnt throw money into it now. If you have to sell the car, not only will you get fucked over on the resale value on the car (its got 134k on it) but you probably wont even get half the money you spent on the parts. Hoping nothing goes wrong when you add h/c to a 134k mile car, is like holding a gun to your head and hoping nothing goes bad once you pull the trigger. Something bad will happen, and then you will be back to square one. Not to mention, should you decided to get heads specifically for the stock 346, you cant use them on a 402/408 once your motor blows or something bad happens.
    yeah i want to get my own place next year tired of renting cant do anything to the house you want the only good thing out of rent is if something messes up all you do is tell the home owner and it get fixed if your the home owner it comes out of your pocket haha
    but yeah the block long block and heads are all that have 134xxx i think the push rods and value springs and and intake wire ect.. were all put on less then 10xxx oh and the cam
    ill be sure to keep you guys updated on what i do

I agree with,,,,, Rajiv?? What is that supposed to mean by the way??

Anyway, getting a place of your own would be top on my list too. Just having a place to work on the car that you can call your own etc...
    It's definately a buyers market out there right now.

White
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I agree with,,,,, Rajiv?? What is that supposed to mean by the way??

Anyway, getting a place of your own would be top on my list too. Just having a place to work on the car that you can call your own etc...
    It's definately a buyers market out there right now.
    i have a place to work on my car and all its just im RENTING its not mine

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Just saying that tearing open a 134k mile motor and changing the internals is asking for trouble. I wouldnt really do it.
    WTF? Your 19 and want to buy a house already?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Not really topic related, but if its a matter of you getting a house or modding the car Shane, get the house first and put the car mods on hold.

White
    1999 Camaro SS

Just saying that tearing open a 134k mile motor and changing the internals is asking for trouble. I wouldnt really do it.
    WTF? Your 19 and want to buy a house already?
    yeah dont like renting and not getting anywere with it id rather start paying now then own it sooner not planing on haveing a huge house just a simlpe 2 bedroom or like a 3 garage on bottom with a just huge room with kiten and batrom on top sounds like my dream place haha

Hello there. Anyone selling a fast 90 or 92 intake?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information