Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567824 ... LastLast

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Okay, here goes, chrome Z06 Motorsports wheels 17X9.5 275-40-17 & 18X10.5 295-35-18 riding on GC Coilovers & Koni DA's 26" ride height front 26-3/8" rear, clear corners...

I like the stance

Pics of front end with recently installed RK Sports carbon fiber grill and SLP SS badge...

SLP dual-quad tips & rear valance...

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos01SS
    Okay, here goes, chrome Z06 Motorsports wheels 17X9.5 275-40-17 & 18X10.5 295-35-18 riding on GC Coilovers & Koni DA's 26" ride height front 26-3/8" rear, clear corners...

I like the stance

Pics of front end with recently installed RK Sports carbon fiber grill and SLP SS badge...

SLP dual-quad tips & rear valance...

Very nice ride. I'm not too sure about the rear valance though, it looks like it flares out a bit too much. How are the Konis treating you? I'm lookin into getting some single adjustable myself.
    Borla XR-1 energy bushings UMI B&M Spohn suspension techniques eibach edelbroc K&N Richmond Eaton F.A.S.T FlashTuner NGK MSD SLP J&M - I owe it all to my mentor- my dad.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Chevypowr
    Very nice ride. I'm not too sure about the rear valance though, it looks like it flares out a bit too much. How are the Konis treating you? I'm lookin into getting some single adjustable myself.

Single adjustable Koni's are great, matter of fact they're better in the rears than the DA's, apparently the rear SA's are built a bit beefier than the rear DA's.

Looks like my rear DA's are blowing out they have issues like that.

I'm going to replace my rear DA's with the SA's thru Sam Strano.

Front DA's are hunky-dory, no issues there whatsoever.

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Are Konis lifetime waranteed? What do you have the valving adjusted to? I also was considering bilsteins, I have a set of the HD struts on my VW. I've had them on the car for about 3years now with race springs, It handles like a go kart, but real real smooth when it comes to the neglected roads (which around me there are plenty). They still have the same ride as when they were brand new.

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

how about the adj. panhard bar, did that help out? My SS is dropped about 1.5in front and back with the eibachs and I know the rear axle has to out of center. There is so many chasis/suspension mods available for these cars I dont know where to start. Panhard bar, or subframe conectors are next. Or torque arm, to much to think about.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Are Konis lifetime waranteed? What do you have the valving adjusted to? I also was considering bilsteins, I have a set of the HD struts on my VW. I've had them on the car for about 3years now with race springs, It handles like a go kart, but real real smooth when it comes to the neglected roads (which around me there are plenty). They still have the same ride as when they were brand new.
    Koni's are lifetime warranted, I just don't want to have my car on blocks for a few weeks and then wait for Koni to fix them and send them back...Apparently Koni charges to rebuild, so lifetime warranty my ass.

Anyway stories about the rear DA's blowing out is common, I'd rather just get the SA's for the rear and call it a day.

If your car is lowered, the Bilstein HD's are not ideal because they were designed for Camaro's with factory springs. You'd be better off calling Sam Strano, tell him what kind of springs you bought, he can get Bilsteins for you and revalve them to match your spring settings and THEN you'll be rockin

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

how about the adj. panhard bar, did that help out? My SS is dropped about 1.5in front and back with the eibachs and I know the rear axle has to out of center. There is so many chasis/suspension mods available for these cars I dont know where to start. Panhard bar, or subframe conectors are next. Or torque arm, to much to think about.
    Adj. phb did the trick.

Get the phb first, then go for the shocks, and while you're at it, sounds like you want better traction since you brought up the torque arm...What about lower control brackets? Since your car is lowered your LCA'a are not at the right angle anymore, so LCA brackets will allow your LCA's to be put at the correct angle.

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos01SS
    Koni's are lifetime warranted, I just don't want to have my car on blocks for a few weeks and then wait for Koni to fix them and send them back...Apparently Koni charges to rebuild, so lifetime warranty my ass.

Anyway stories about the rear DA's blowing out is common, I'd rather just get the SA's for the rear and call it a day.

If your car is lowered, the Bilstein HD's are not ideal because they were designed for Camaro's with factory springs. You'd be better off calling Sam Strano, tell him what kind of springs you bought, he can get Bilsteins for you and revalve them to match your spring settings and THEN you'll be rockin
    Right on dude, thanks alot. yeah i guess thats what the sports are for, the shortened shock body. I guess LGmotorsports can also get custom valving done also.

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

yes, I have the lca relocation brackets at home I need to throw them in, I was going to get all the rear traction sh*t then install them all at one time while its ripped apart. I also have 3.73 I need to have installed - I'm not going to do that, I wouldn't want to mess the shimming and all that up.

Silver
    '02 WS6 Procharged 9psi

My car isnt really a show car, but i try to keep her as clean as possible. here are a few mods i've done to stella. i loved everything about the 4th gen WS6s except for the look of the rear end, i took car of that

just go here, my pics are too large to upload to ls1.com
    cardomain.com/ride/535621

Tops off and windows down NotSoStock99TA's Avatar

Black +Green Ghost Flames
    1999 Trans Am

Anybody like flames??

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

NotSoStock99TA

What kind of wheels are they? Are they 17"?
    Thanks!

Tops off and windows down NotSoStock99TA's Avatar

Black +Green Ghost Flames
    1999 Trans Am

17x9" American Racing 'Rebels'...For Sale btw

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

NotSoStock99TA

You've got a pm

Maroon
    2000 a4 z28

^
    |
    Want some 18's?

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

FloridaZ

Are your 18" wheels & tires for sale? If so, send me the specifics on them.
    Thanks.

1966 Corvette Coupe

not so stock where did you get that t/a... it looks exactly like one that was for sale in my town like a month ago... btw my town is Littlerock...... i wne tto look at it and it was sold...

although i thought its had fiske (sp) on it

red
    04 pontiac gto

here my baby
    pictures were taken with a camera phone and it was about 10degrees outside as well...its only a v6 but i loved the bird so much that i had to have something considering no ws6's are sold in my area

Last edited by 04goatinmass; 02-28-2006 at 08:51 AM.

Black
    1999 Firebird

FloridaZ I love the ground effects on your camaro. know where I could get a set?

Black, Red, Silver Jade
    00 WS6,95 Ta, 69 R code

heres my 2000 WS6 with 34,xxx miles, mods are in the eibach sportlines,more in sig
    Last edited by screamin chicken; 03-09-2006 at 03:53 PM.
    2007 Yukon XL (sold)
    2014 Z71 LTZ 3LZ (sold)
    2010 Escalade Platinum AWD , 6.2
    2017 Silverado HC , 4x4, 6.2

2000 WS6 ASC#2300 Holly LS6 intake, TR Custom grind cam, Mac Mids w/ ORY,Hotchkis LCA's, PHB, BMR Extreme STB, BMR re-location brackets,Eibach Sportlines, GMMG, Mccleod Pro 5.0, SLP SFC's, OEM ZO6 wheels
    1995 TA
    1969 R code Mach I my new project

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567824 ... LastLast

Thread Information